What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown rice* with tofu, unsweetened tomato sauce, sauteed onion and garlic, and further spiced with salt, pepper, sage and rosemary. Mixed in also was some iceberg lettuce, pickle slices, some dandelion leaves, and sunflower seeds.

*pre-soaked and heated from frozen

Reactions: Qwaychou
I took some of the left over homemade veggie stock I made out of various saved scraps (for my fast day last week), then I added chopped potatoes, carrots, left over rosemary sprigs from Christmas, and cooked it up til the potatoes were soft and removed the rosemary sprigs. Then at the end I added plain hazelnut milk, garlic powder and salt, for a simple cream of potato soup.

Brunch was a fairly large serving of the following mixture in-between slices of whole wheat bread:

Hash browns
Tofu
Sauteed mushrooms and onions
broccoli
Cos lettuce
Bell Pepper

and spiced with salt, sage, rosemary and black pepper.

Reactions: Qwaychou
I'm having a spicy bean and barley stew today...homemade of course :)

Sometimes I just can't control myself in the kitchen. I made enough of this stuff to feed a small army.

I have talked about this lunch so many times but I had it again today (and yesterday) and it was so satisfying and enjoyable and filling. A half of can of lentil rinsed in a sieve. In a pot on the stove - frozen brussel sprouts, a bit of wakame, some frozen kale and a small amount of dry lo mein noodles. When the pot contents are cooked I pour them over the lentils in the sieve and then into my bowl. I then add a bit of each of the following - tamari, rice vinegar, dry Keene's mustard (1/2 teaspoon), lemon juice, sweet chili sauce, sriracha and a drizzle of tahini. OMG it is so amazing.

Emma JC

I took some of the left over homemade veggie stock I made out of various saved scraps (for my fast day last week), then I added chopped potatoes, carrots, left over rosemary sprigs from Christmas, and cooked it up til the potatoes were soft and removed the rosemary sprigs. Then at the end I added plain hazelnut milk, garlic powder and salt, for a simple cream of potato soup.

More of this soup warmed up, but added some chopped celery and black pepper and it's even better!

Plus two slices of whole grain toast with Miyokos cream cheese and lots of capers. Tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.