What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of Mexican-ish today. I had a soup made from a blended mix of Nixtamalized corn, sprouted barley, sunflower seeds, unsweetened tomato sauce, jalapenos, basil, rosemary, yeast extract spread (MightyMite), and salt. This was a pretty late lunch and I only had brunch before, but that brunch was muy grande

Reactions: Val
Whole grain pasta with tomato sauce, garlic, EB and nooch. A banana. Soy milk.

Later I had glorious chocolate cupcakes at our last semester meeting of the vegan club, with some black coffee.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
A veggie burger on a ww granary bun with sliced avocados, fried onions and French mustard.
A banana.

What is "French mustard"? Did you make it or buy it? I'm a mustard fan and make my own so I'm interested to know.

Reactions: Val and Qwaychou
What is "French mustard"? Did you make it or buy it? I'm a mustard fan and make my own so I'm interested to know.

French mustard's main ingredient are ungrinded seeds... but with your question, you planted an idea in me to make a homemade one myself too. I even have some dry mustard seeds right now!

Reactions: Val and Nekodaiden
Free vegan food on campus today provided by a PETA fund for the end of the semester. Woot. I made vegan nachos with tortilla chips, Daiya cheez sauce, Valentina Mexican hot sauce, and a dab of vegan sour cream, I didn't recognize the brand.

Right now I'm in the student pantry (last chance for the semester) and in the community fridge they had this Asian-style salad with cabbage, cilantro, carrots, pepitas, and those crispy thingies that go in Chinese soup. Im having a small portion of it with a balsamic vinaigrette.

I'll probably need to eat more later, but this is perfect for now!

EDIT: I had another 1/2 of an everything bagel, this time with cream cheez, and some chunks of cantaloupe. Plus coffee!

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.