What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very like my fav lunch which you all have seen a bunch of times, I just use canned lentils instead of chick peas (1/2 can) rinsed in a sieve, on the stove either soft udon noodles or dry ones (occasionally a ramen type), and brussel sprouts instead of green beans. Recently I have been adding frozen kale and wakame to the boiling water also. Pour it over the lentils in the sieve then into the bowl and then dress it up with tamari, rice vinegar, lemon juice, sweet chili and a drizzle of tahini. I usually also add a 1/4 teaspoon of dry Keene's mustard as that is supposed to bring out the sulforaphane in the frozen brussels sprouts. Inexpensive, simple and quick.

Emma JC
I use frozen broccoli so much I need to start mixing ground mustard in with the blend I take to work. I used hald a jar of Everything but the bagel blend and added nooch-mustard would fit right in! I think that helps all par boiled cruciferous?- yes-

I made a green split pea soup for lunch. I used Litelife vegan hot dogs to flavour the soup, and it actually worked really well. So today I will also have pea soup for my lunch.

By the way, I bought the hot dogs specifically to flavour my soup with a nice smokiness, but I also decided to try a hot dog as a hot dog, since it's been probably over a decade now since I've eaten one. I was pleasantly surprised. It was much tastier than I was expecting. I don't really miss hot dogs, but it was a pleasant bit of nostalgia.

Black bean scramble into which was mixed sauteed mushroom and onion, sunflower seeds, salt, pepper, cumin, rosemary and sage. In addition I had whole wheat bread and a tomato.

A Sunshine burger (Shitake flavor) cooked without oil on whole grain seed bread, with ketchup and horseradish mustard, and a banana.

Don't get too excited about it being oil free. It's because I ate so much fatty processed foods yesterday.

Lunch: Salad: Lettuce, tomato, mushroom, purple onion, sunflower seeds, peach vinegar and salt.
Vegetable spring rolls with homemade salsa.
Fruit Barley drink: Barley, barley grass (yes), sunflower seeds,
dates, blueberries and pineapple.
Boiled potatoes.

Pasta Salad with Sauce: Pasta (white), with tofu, sauteed onion and mushroom, lettuce and pickle.

Sauce: Tomato sauce, sprouted barley (from frozen storage), garlic, salt, pepper, sage, raw sugar, blended.

Reactions: Val and Qwaychou
I made homemade pizza yesterday for lunch. I topped it with fresh tomato, onion, and kalamata olives. I even made a crust dip with veganaise, ketchup, hot sauce, with a pinch of chipotle pepper. It was very tasty. I still had leftovers...for a little while. They seemed to disappear by dinner? ;)

I made homemade pizza yesterday for lunch. I topped it with fresh tomato, onion, and kalamata olives. I even made a crust dip with veganaise, ketchup, hot sauce, with a pinch of chipotle pepper. It was very tasty. I still had leftovers...for a little while. They seemed to disappear by dinner? ;)
I love your combination for the dip. I will have to try that.
I'm going to have a salad for lunch with spinach, chickpeas carrots, celery, onions, olives, pickles and pepperoncini topped with Italian dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.