What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday I made up a packet of falafel and it made 10 balls (I bake them, don't fry them) and had 5 of them with a bit of hummus and some hot sauce - today I will eat the second half of them.... yum

Emma JC

I accidentally stumbled upon a new cheap "go to" dish. I had this packet of ramen from the college food pantry which had chicken soup flavoring (eww) but it was free, and I just tossed out the animal product packet, and boiled the plain noodles in water. While I was doing that, I browned chickpeas in a bit of canola oil to give them texture and richer flavor. When the noodles were soft, I drained them and added them to the browned chickpeas, as well as a can of (drained) green beans. I sauteed all three in some tamari until completely mixed, then finally topped with sweet ginger chili sauce and stirred until warmed.

So simple, so affordable (literally canned goods, cheap ramen, and condiments - the most expensive thing is the sweet ginger chili sauce which I actually bought to dip samosas or spring rolls in). Not only that but the dish is really delicious, and makes a huge amount. Two generous servings or three moderate servings.

That sounds awesome! I discovered the ramen brand i have has some weird milk ingredient in the noodles, even the soy sauce flavor is not vegan. I was dissapointed. But! Asian store tomorrow! Getting some authentic decent ramen!

That sounds awesome! I discovered the ramen brand i have has some weird milk ingredient in the noodles, even the soy sauce flavor is not vegan. I was dissapointed. But! Asian store tomorrow! Getting some authentic decent ramen!

:)

Maruchan has hidden milk and beef broth, but Top Ramen is always vegan without the flavor packet, and vegan with Soy Sauce (formerly Oriental) and Chili. Still it's cool to get real Asian ramen. I get flat rice noodles a lot, too.

Thats the brand i currently have, Maruchan. I am so excited about the asian store tomorrow, doqnright giddy! I love ramen with a spoon of nutbutter and hotsauce and some green veggies.

The impossible whopper. It was very good. I brought it home and added Daiya cheddar and Vegenaise.
That does sound good!
I had veggie sushi at a buffet! I think my husband was a little miffed at me because i wouldnt eat anything else. Even the spicy tofu was in a mystery sauce.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.