What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dry tofurkey sandwich. I forgot I had finished my jar of vegan mayo that I keep at work. I did have green olives to add to it. But man, I missed my mayo.:sob:

Baked potatoes with lime juice and truffle salt, topped with onions sauteed in a little oil with regular salt and pepper, and Italian parsley that I grew myself.

For "dessert" a 7 grain pancake with flax seeds and cinnamon in the batter, topped with this elderberry jam I got on sale that has pecans and candied ginger in it.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
A dry tofurkey sandwich. I forgot I had finished my jar of vegan mayo that I keep at work. I did have green olives to add to it. But man, I missed my mayo.:sob:

Sliced tomatoes and/or sliced avocados make a sandwich nice and moist. I never use mayonnaise (even with burgers) only the latter plus a drizzle of
olive oil. ;)

Sliced tomatoes and/or sliced avocados make a sandwich nice and moist. I never use mayonnaise (even with burgers) only the latter plus a drizzle of
olive oil. ;)
I could try avocado. I’m staying away from tomatoes for awhile as they are part of the nightshade family and I’m having serious issues with inflammation. Not wanting to take medication, I’m trying some diet adjustments. So far, I’m seeing some improvement. I need to continue for 30 days then reintroduce a nightshade (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers)and see what happens.

Of course, I was caught off guard this particular day and did not have an avocado so I had to make due. You can be sure there is a fresh jar of Vegenaise in my work refrigerator now, lol.

I could try avocado. I’m staying away from tomatoes for awhile as they are part of the nightshade family and I’m having serious issues with inflammation. Not wanting to take medication, I’m trying some diet adjustments. So far, I’m seeing some improvement. I need to continue for 30 days then reintroduce a nightshade (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers)and see what happens.

Of course, I was caught off guard this particular day and did not have an avocado so I had to make due. You can be sure there is a fresh jar of Vegenaise in my work refrigerator now, lol.

I love Vegenaise.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Violife cheese and fresh jalepeno melted on sourdough toast, topped with vegan cream cheese blended with pickled jalepeno bits, put together into a sandwich.

It's decadent yumminess. I last had the ingredients three years ago before this week. I know vegan cheese doubled with hot peppers isn't exactly the most nutritous item, but it tastes like a jalepeno popper.

I also had a banana and tea.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Chickpea scramble (pre-soaked then cooked, then blended) with sauteed mushrooms and onion, and the following spices: salt, black pepper, cumin, rosemary and sage. This turned out to be a particularly tasty spice combination, imo.

Also wholemeal bread and broccoli.

• Friendly
Leftover cream of mushroom soup with added minced tofu and lentil pasta plus a drizzle of olive oil/sprinkle of yeast flakes.
An orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.