What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Oh yes I do have an oven. Mostly the problem is lack of counter space...
I find that off putting as well which is why I didn’t do much in my previous house. I feel motivated now even though the kitchen isn’t any bigger, but I do have an extra counter. And I think not working helps a lot too. I’m finding a little bit of my old self coming back, slowly but surely.

Reactions: shyvas and 1956
Oh yes I do have an oven. Mostly the problem is lack of counter space...
Do you do things like put a board over your sink? I do that-- there is a slide out board over my cabinet drawers--I guess a cutting board, it's not at all thick though. Anyway, it's perfect to put over the sink for extra counter top space

• Informative
Reactions: 1956 and Brian W
@shyvas that looks so delicous! I don't find it so easy to get bread that well cooked, esp wheat bread.
Do you have a fan oven?

It certainly is not only delicious but very wholesome as I added a blend of different flours and seeds. The crumb is much denser due to
the % of wholewheat flour. I also added some Vitamin C as it helps to give a quicker rise.

I have a Siemens multi function oven which includes a conventional, fan assisted and microwave settings. It also has a pizza setting which I never use as the fan assisted has a very high temp. of 250°C.

Yeast baking is fun and quite easy to do. :)

I'm going out for two picnics (the weather is in the 20's) on Friday & Sunday and am planning to make some brownies.
I was gutted by the price that I paid for one brownie, so am looking for an easy and tasty recipe. Most of those that I've tested in
the past have been disappointing. :confused:

I'm going out for two picnics (the weather is in the 20's) on Friday & Sunday and am planning to make some brownies.
I was gutted by the price that I paid for one brownie, so am looking for an easy and tasty recipe. Most of those that I've tested in
the past have been disappointing. :confused:
Oh, that's nice on the weather and picnics. I hope you have a great time! I, too, am astounded at the price of single-serve baked goods. When my sister and friend came last week, we went to this wonderful cupcake place and had to pay $6 (!) apiece for a cupcake. It's much cheaper to make them, but sometimes, it's nice to have someone else to do the baking. :)

I just made chocolate chip scones. My parents are coming for a quickish birthday visit (last week's weather was too nasty for them to drive in). I want to make some sugar cookies, but I might have to put that off until tomorrow, as I'll be working later tonight.

Oh, that's nice on the weather and picnics. I hope you have a great time! I, too, am astounded at the price of single-serve baked goods. When my sister and friend came last week, we went to this wonderful cupcake place and had to pay $6 (!) apiece for a cupcake. It's much cheaper to make them, but sometimes, it's nice to have someone else to do the baking. :)

I just made chocolate chip scones. My parents are coming for a quickish birthday visit (last week's weather was too nasty for them to drive in). I want to make some sugar cookies, but I might have to put that off until tomorrow, as I'll be working later tonight.

Are they similar to rock buns ?

Would that mean that your parents have gotten their jabs ? Great news!!:)

I'm planning to make some chocolate pb brownies using linseed. I hope that they will be edible as vegan brownies can be quite disappointing. They will be for tomorrow's picnic.

That's plain robbery! :confused:

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Are they similar to rock buns ?

Would that mean that your parents have gotten their jabs ? Great news!!:)

I'm planning to make some chocolate pb brownies using linseed. I hope that they will be edible as vegan brownies can be quite disappointing. They will be for tomorrow's picnic.
I really miss the box mix brownies I used to make! I've never been pleased with vegan versions--I've had good ones, but not the same, and those are something I'd like to be the same.
I've done flaxseed goop (linseed), adding starch, aquafaba, chickpea flour and water, pureed black beans, sweet potato (would be good if I liked sweet potato :worried: ), applesauce-yuck!

I did like blended silken tofu, they came out fudgy

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
This cranberry walnut bread is the best I've made--
I did half white and half whole wheat pastry flour, and half brown half white sugar (about a third less than called for) and didn't do the strusel--

Today, I'm going to make/bake some very decadent cannelloni. I plan on making lots, and will freeze it in ready-to-go portions for later convenience.

For the stuffing: I'm using Beyond sausages (minced), chopped spinach (blanched), fresh minced garlic, minced shallots, then all blended up with a locally made vegan, herb flavoured, cream cheese. I'll add some additional herbs and season everything to taste before stuffing the cannelloni tubes.

For the sauce: I'm making a very traditional Italian style marinara sauce. I could have used store bought, to cut down on time, but I have all day today to relax, listen to some tunes, and cook up a storm :)

For the creamy cheesy topping: I'm using a cheesy bechamel sauce on top of the marinara, like you would for a lasagna, then grated locally made vegan mozza.

This should be epic!

• Love
Hey, i'm gonna make a lasagna with Beyond Sausage! Not going that all out, but I will make some tofu ricotta with olives and brine
I don't have spinach, and not sure I want to got the store. I do have a block of Daiya provolone. Sometimes I crave a old style lasagna, as in no veggies!
Actually I just haven't wanted veggies lately :shrug: