What Did You Cook or Bake today?

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
I want to make something with apples and caramel topping. I looked up vegan clafoutis and got one from "go dairy free"--yeah,not a vegan site! 🙄
I guess I'll just make a carmel sauce and bake the apple slices with it- I have braeburn and they'll be perfect! Or just saute them and make a sauce?
I'm open to ideas!

Oh oh....I used to make cinnamon apples in crescent rolls with a carmel sauce on top! I hope I still have a tube in the fridge!

Reactions: KLS52

Emma JC

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I want to make something with apples and caramel topping. I looked up vegan clafoutis and got one from "go dairy free"--yeah,not a vegan site! 🙄
I guess I'll just make a carmel sauce and bake the apple slices with it- I have braeburn and they'll be perfect! Or just saute them and make a sauce?
I'm open to ideas!

Oh oh....I used to make cinnamon apples in crescent rolls with a carmel sauce on top! I hope I still have a tube in the fridge!

dates make a great caramel sauce... lots of videos/recipes out there

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
Never made anything apple, but I did something with raw sunflower seeds
I dislike raw sunflower seeds, but hoped to use in place of cashews, which are much pricier. I blended 1 cup soaked seeds with some olives, and just enough brine and a bit of lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of nooch. Not that good! I'm not fond of the seed taste, my son the olive taste!
I thought about fermenting it with a probiotic but I think that would be even worse.
It's not terrible, it's pretty good on crackers

Edit: I mixed a little Veganaise in it and it reminds me, very much, of goose-liver/braunschweiger. I used to like a slice with mayo on a sandwich when I was a kid. I kinda like it now

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Emma JC

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other

I don’t have tequila so I used rum...but just a little. I can’t even taste it. I didn’t really want anything strong tasting. I also used soy milk instead of coconut. And no cayenne for me. It’s obviously a very versatile recipe because there were no issues with changing it up to the way I like it. 😊

Reactions: Emma JC and 1956

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I even messed up because I have this habit of not liking to measure lol. I ended up adding not enough milk or too much chocolate, because it got too hard and I couldn’t roll it into balls. So I reheated it in the microwave to soften and added more milk. Voila! Worked like a charm lol.

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I even messed up because I have this habit of not liking to measure lol. I ended up adding not enough milk or too much chocolate, because it got too hard and I couldn’t roll it into balls. So I reheated it in the microwave to soften and added more milk. Voila! Worked like a charm lol.
I have the same habit of almost Never measuring...
It used to drive my husband Crazy!

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I’m eating one now. They are so good and so easy to make...if you do it right the first time haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 1956 and shyvas

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have a large multi grain, wholewheat/blended flour loaf proving in a warm place.

It'll be nice to have some freshly baked bread with spread for tea later on. 🥰
Sounds lovely!
I have never been much of a baker, didn’t have the time until now and now the kitchen where I am is Really not suited for it.