What Did You Cook or Bake today?

A large pot of mince and vegetable stew. I used H&B's soya dried mince and it is excellent and very good value for money as
I paid £ 1.70 for a large pack.

I'll be making cottage pie and a mince pie with the latter.

1606545032996.png

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I did a lime cashew cheesecake! Came out super, super tasty, and that was just from scraping the blender!
I think I've got the ingredients down now-

1 cup soaked cashews--then add to blender with-
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lime juice
pinch salt
6 Tblsp melted refined coconut oil
Blend in high speed blender

Sprinkle 1 1/4 teasp agar in 1/2 cup lime juice and let come to simmer. Keep on low covered while the above blends on high a couple minutes, then add to the blender and blend another minute. Pour into a graham crust, or just dessert dishes

Wish I had real limes, some extra limeness from zest would be better

• Friendly
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I made hummus and a veggie pot pie with some Thanksgiving leftovers. It's in the oven and smells so good!
Hey PTree--you go to Aldi right? Have you tried their vegan turkey cutlets? They've got a good taste, but a weird, soft stringly texture. more like fish fillets or something.
I have a couple in the oven roasting with cauliflower. I was gonna do something different to the cauliflower but don't feel like it now :rolleyes:

Reactions: Emma JC
Hey PTree--you go to Aldi right? Have you tried their vegan turkey cutlets? They've got a good taste, but a weird, soft stringly texture. more like fish fillets or something.
I have a couple in the oven roasting with cauliflower. I was gonna do something different to the cauliflower but don't feel like it now :rolleyes:
I do! I haven't tried those. I don't think I've ever seen them. I'll have to be on the lookout for them. Thank you!

• Friendly
I made bread today. First time in a while because I couldn't find yeast in the stores, but now I have some. My kitchen smells wonderful. :)

• Love
Reactions: shyvas and Emma JC
Ooooh, bread! I just made tofu spinach dip and home made focaccia would be wonderful! I even have a jar of artichoke hearts and Daiya ... either jalepano jack or provolone

Ooooh, bread! I just made tofu spinach dip and home made focaccia would be wonderful! I even have a jar of artichoke hearts and Daiya ... either jalepano jack or provolone
Oooooh, I love focaccia! Might have to make that next week. :) I love that jalapeno jack cheese! I haven't been able to find it in my stores of late.

• Friendly
One food tradition I've always continued is the stuffing broccoli casserole.
Just make a bag of stuffing with all the veggies, but extra moist. Layer of thawed frozen broccoli, that's been like half cooked. Vegan cheese shreds. pour on mushroom gravy and bake.
I made this with chickwheat shreds, which always make me think of dark meat and kinda gross me out. I wish I would remember not to make that anymore. It's ok, but far from my favorite seitan shreds

Maybe we need an Instant Pot thread now!

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
In the past couple of days I have made chickpea cutlets, hummus, chickpea salad and seitan sausages. I'm going to make some flatbread today and white bread tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I made pretzel bagels yesterday, and just now made Miyokos Better Buffalo mozzerella. I keep wanting to tweak the recipe, but they're my sons absolute favorite thing, so I left them alone! :laughing:
I'm gonna work on vegetables and fruit this week!