What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Do you dislike mushrooms (like me)?šŸ˜
Yes! :D I don't mind the little ones raw in a salad or something, but I wouldn't go out of my way to include them in one. I never buy them. And I can't tell you how many times I've been at a restaurant, asked whether they had a veggie burger and then been told, "No, but we have a portobello mushroom burger." Blech! :D
I'll admit I like mushrooms, but they ARE expensive... and... well, they're FUNGI... and they're kind of gross. If I'd never eaten mushroom, wasn't familiar with them, and came across them for the first time, I can honestly say I wouldn't think about eating them, either raw or cooked.

Hummus, however, would be an epic win.... hands-down.

E.T.A.: I cooked some potatoes in my slow-cooker. Easy-peasy. I had the first ones basically plain, still warm, with just a drizzle of olive oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Made a double batch of split pea soup for tomorrow night's dinner.

Checked on the homemade sauerkraut and put in fridge. I'm not thrilled with it, but I'll eat what I can.

Started a second fermentation of the kombucha. Haven't tried that before, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm flavouring it with frozen raspberries and peaches.

Covered dried black beans with water to soak overnight. I'll cook them tomorrow.

Checked on the flavoured kombucha today, and it tastes good! I strained it, bottled it, and put it in the fridge. I want to try using it in smoothies. Seems like a healthier alternative to fruit juice.

Made the beans last night and then a double batch of black bean soup. I forgot to get cilantro and avocado for topping it. Must do that tomorrow.

Checked on the flavoured kombucha today, and it tastes good! I strained it, bottled it, and put it in the fridge. I want to try using it in smoothies. Seems like a healthier alternative to fruit juice.

Made the beans last night and then a double batch of black bean soup. I forgot to get cilantro and avocado for topping it. Must do that tomorrow.

I'm curious to know what it tastes like ?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Yesterday, I made vegan shepherd's pie and chocolate peanut butter tunnel cake. It seems the recipe has disappeared online. I remember that the creator won some sort of Earth Balance contest, as the ingredients included EB buttery spread and EB peanut butter. It's kind of an involved recipe, but the payoff is worth it. :) Today, I have made nothing. Too dang busy.

Reactions: shyvas and Val
I've made some mayonnaise and will serve it with some thinly sliced crispy, fried tofu.

I'm planning to make a soup later on.:) I haven't yet decided what kind of vegetables I'll use;

Reactions: Val
I'm curious to know what it tastes like ?
It depends on the batch . . . How long it's fermented for, what type of tea used, etc. The batch I made reminded me of koolaid, but way less sweet. Or maybe a bit like vitamin water, in the sense that the fruity taste is there but only faintly. Longer fermentation = more acidic. I kept this batch more on the neutral side.

• Informative
Reactions: Mischief and shyvas
My son needs to make kombucha, he loves it!
I made spicy peanut noodles in the Instant Pot. I make them a lot and have always used either Aldi whole wheat, or Barilla whole wheat, linguine, but this time got whole wheat linguine from Gia Russo that specifies it's been grown in Italy. I've always found Italian wheat pasta to be far more starchy, and these really are! I bet you could cut it when it cools!
I think I'll stick to American wheat! (I know, I could make it stove top and drain....this has been the only pasta I've liked in the IP

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I made hot dogs fried in oil with cheddar cheese. The buns were white and puffy. I had the three major food groups covered: salt, grease, and refined sugar. My wife said that I made the best hotdogs she ever had in her life.

We got to get the word out that it is possible to be vegan and eat junk food.