What Did You Cook or Bake today?

View attachment 19448
I made these with aquafaba in place of the egg. They are really delicious but I don’t like how soft they are. And flat. I probably won’t bother with aquafaba again. I prefer flax egg for these cookies.
They do look yummy, but I, too, don't like flat chocolate chip cookies. I've not tried flax egg for cookies. I use flax mostly for muffins and breads.

Reactions: KLS52
They do look yummy, but I, too, don't like flat chocolate chip cookies. I've not tried flax egg for cookies. I use flax mostly for muffins and breads.
I think it’s the chocolate chips that saved them lol. I’m glad I halved the recipe.
Oh, I just remembered...I whipped the aquafaba till frothy. I bet that’s why the texture was light and soft. I’m not sure why I had the strong need to do that. I think I’m still very suspicious of aquafaba in general. Whipping it a little made me feel like it was more egg like I think. My coworkers loved them, though. So they get a thumbs up regardless.

I’m hoping to have time to make my Italian cookies before I’m off to my cousin’s for dinner. I will use the aquafaba for those as they are heavy egg based. We call them Italian cookies but they are also known as Tirales or Anginettis. They look like this and are either lemon or anise flavored. I go for the anise.
52086B17-F1D1-48C4-BE7D-2AFE54A4A132.jpegC6F19A53-23F9-40DD-BC7E-A6213F199304.jpeg

I think it’s the chocolate chips that saved them lol. I’m glad I halved the recipe.
Oh, I just remembered...I whipped the aquafaba till frothy. I bet that’s why the texture was light and soft. I’m not sure why I had the strong need to do that. I think I’m still very suspicious of aquafaba in general. Whipping it a little made me feel like it was more egg like I think. My coworkers loved them, though. So they get a thumbs up regardless.

I’m hoping to have time to make my Italian cookies before I’m off to my cousin’s for dinner. I will use the aquafaba for those as they are heavy egg based. We call them Italian cookies but they are also known as Tirales or Anginettis. They look like this and are either lemon or anise flavored. I go for the anise.
View attachment 19451View attachment 19452
OMG, my aunt used to make the ones on the bottom all the time. Those are so good!
That's awesome that your co-workers loved the cookies!

Reactions: Val
That looks like a good recipe. I use the nestle toll house recipe and just sub vegan ingredients. I might try this one, though.

I don’t do whole wheat flour for baking, though. Will try it with white.

I have a gingerbread baking in the oven. I'm taking it to my friends' house as I'm going there for dinner. It smells so good!

Reactions: Val and GingerFoxx
Two cottage pies topped with sweet potato mash. One for Sunday as I'm invited to a pal's for lunch. The other one for Monday as a friend is also
coming over for lunch.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I'm making a kinda slow cooked chilli made with borlotti beans, sweet potatoes, minced soya burger and lots of spices including smoked paprika, mace and coffee. I'm also going to make either some organic brown rice or quinoa to go with it.

As it's very chilly and damp, I may also bake a few rock cakes for afternoon tea. ;)

Cornbread. Pumpkin soup flavored with Berebere spices, garlic and ginger. Chickpea flour pancakes seasoned with garlic and green onions.
I love chickpea flour pancakes. I might have to make some. It's been a while. And nice to see you, Mischief!

I love chickpea flour pancakes. I might have to make some. It's been a while. And nice to see you, Mischief!

Nice to see you too!

My sister's bloodwork at her last doctor's visit showed she's prediabetic, so she's really concentrating on losing weight and avoiding flour and other refined carbs. I've been trying to make some satisfying substitutes, thus the chickpea pancakes. (The cornbread is all mine. I've been on a real cornbread kick lately.)

That sounds good! I love berbere spice! I failed mixing my own and got Penzeys- love it in lentil soup
Now I have a split pea soup cooking
I bought the Penzeys berbere too!

My favorites of their house blends (i.e., not a regional traditional blend) so far are Sunny Paris, Mural of Flavor, and Justice. Have you tried any of those?

I bought the Penzeys berbere too!

My favorites of their house blends (i.e., not a regional traditional blend) so far are Sunny Paris, Mural of Flavor, and Justice. Have you tried any of those?
I love Justice- that was a freebie.
Foxpoint, Chili3000, Turkish blend (great for seitan-makes me think of gyros) Galangal, Pico de galo (freebie, but I like it, not too much cumin), Za'tar

I feel so lucky to have one nearby! I'm using a ton more seasoning
I have Sinapore but haven't found it's niche.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I will be making seitan sausages and cornbread. I found some chili in the freezer, so I'll be having the sausage and cornbread with it.

Reactions: shyvas and Val
The weather is miserable and I'm stuck at home so will make a black bean, seitan & sp chilli - mole style.
I usually
cook it in my slow cooker as it's less messy and far tastier compared to making it on the hob. :)

It's bubbling away nicely in the slow cooker and it's looks so inviting. ;)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
The weather is miserable and I'm stuck at home so will make a black bean, seitan & sp chilli - mole style.
I usually
cook it in my slow cooker as it's less messy and far tastier compared to making it on the hob. :)

It's bubbling away nicely in the slow cooker and it's looks so inviting. ;)
Hmm, I never thought about making chili in the slow cooker. I will give that a try the next time I make it.
My sister gave me a good idea about veganizing chicken salad. She had the salad out at a restaurant and it had cranberries, grapes and walnuts in it. I think I will add those to my chickpea salad. I have cranberries, but I need grapes.

Hmm, I never thought about making chili in the slow cooker. I will give that a try the next time I make it.
My sister gave me a good idea about veganizing chicken salad. She had the salad out at a restaurant and it had cranberries, grapes and walnuts in it. I think I will add those to my chickpea salad. I have cranberries, but I need grapes.

Pears are a good substitue. I always make a seitan & nectarine salad during the summer months.

It is my N°1 dish that I make in the slow cooker. I sometimes make lasagne and desserts but chilli is the way to go. :up: