What Did You Cook or Bake today?

The other day, I got a free zucchini from one of my gardening friends, so yesterday I made zucchini cakes and zucchini banana chocolate chip muffins. I also made Italian dressing.

Today I plan to make pesto, hummus and refried beans.

I made drop biscuits and I'm going to make hummus, which I didn't get to yesterday.

Reactions: Val
Mmmm... biscuits... Do you have some homemade soups planned to go with them?
No, but that's a good idea! I like them with jam as a breakfast. They would go great with the potato, kale, and black bean soup I make. Now I want soup, haha.

I just made these cinnamon muffins in the solar oven. The muffins aren't high because I used the oversize cup muffin pan, so they are more like a biscuit. But they taste great. I have another batch of six baking outside. It's a great day for the sun oven!

20190920_123349.jpg

I have to use up a few cans of beans that didn't seal properly in the pressure canning phase (my friend taught me how to can using a pressure canner. It was awesome!). So I am making several batches of vegan sausages, black bean burgers and maybe a soup. I also made the cinnamon sugar muffins in the solar oven. I doubled the recipe to get the oversize muffins and they came out great! I'm so pleased. I'm also using the solar oven to bake a couple of potatoes.

Reactions: KLS52
I have to use up a few cans of beans that didn't seal properly in the pressure canning phase (my friend taught me how to can using a pressure canner. It was awesome!). So I am making several batches of vegan sausages, black bean burgers and maybe a soup. I also made the cinnamon sugar muffins in the solar oven. I doubled the recipe to get the oversize muffins and they came out great! I'm so pleased. I'm also using the solar oven to bake a couple of potatoes.
You have a solar oven??:cool: What does it look like?

You have a solar oven??:cool: What does it look like?
Yes, I got it as a housewarming present. It's awesome! Today I cooked most of my dinner in it: baked potato and an ear of corn. You toss the corn, husk and all, on the rack and bake it for 30 minutes. I had to reheat it for a few seconds in the microwave, but it tasted great. This is the one I have.

sunoven.jpeg

Yes, I got it as a housewarming present. It's awesome! Today I cooked most of my dinner in it: baked potato and an ear of corn. You toss the corn, husk and all, on the rack and bake it for 30 minutes. I had to reheat it for a few seconds in the microwave, but it tasted great. This is the one I have.

View attachment 18368
Very convenient...:cool: I wish we had enough sun for the normal work of this device.

The soup season has officially began ; a huge pot of leek & lentil soup.

I really do think that I should make either some focaccia or a wholemeal loaf of bread to go with it. o_O

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Made a soy curl casserole. Made gravy with Better than Boullion no chik'n and poultry seasoning, poured that over rehydrated curls (I now just use water and squeeze out). Topped that with chopped thawed broccoli, pressed made stuffing over all and baked for 30 min covered, then 5-10 uncovered.
Stuffing was bagged cubes with onions celery mushrooms chopped apple waterchestnuts kalamata olives.
:lick:

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Hi everyone! I am vegetarian more than 20 years, and I collected a lot of delicious recipes of vegetarian food. From this year I registered channel on YouTube and uploaded my favorite recipes which I use every day. Please could you subscribe my channel and watch video of what I cooked today, it was Spinach with tofu.

I made vegan shepherd's pie. The protein was a vegan sausage and two bean burgers from the freezer. It was tasty. I used corn and green beans for the veggies.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Hi everyone! I am vegetarian more than 20 years, and I collected a lot of delicious recipes of vegetarian food. From this year I registered channel on YouTube and uploaded my favorite recipes which I use every day. Please could you subscribe my channel and watch video of what I cooked today, it was Spinach with tofu.
Nicely done. I like the music.