What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I made a red lentil bolognese for the next few days to go with some GF pasta.

I fancy some vegan cupcakes but I clearly cannot be bothered to bake any.:) I might go to the cake shop near me that makes them.:innocent:

Reactions: Val
I wanted to make it, but never got to it--The bundt coffee cake in Robin Robertsons 1000 Vegan Recipes. I made it years ago and it was incredible! Uses silken tofu, and made in a bundt pan, which I have, with the struesel cinnamon, walnuts and brown sugar in the middle

I have made barbecue sauce for tonight's tofu dish, pickled cucumbers (the way my mom makes them...(vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper) and hummus. I'm going to make zucchini cakes (more free zucchini, yay) and a batch of seitan. That should do it, haha.

Last edited:
In 30 minutes, i'm going to make another batch of pickled cucumbers😋: "Persian" cucumbers from our greenhouse, store-brand "oriental" seasoning, apple cider vinegar, horseradish leaves, black currant leaves, dry dill stalks and cold boiled water. No garlic for me this time.😁

In 30 minutes, i'm going to make another batch of pickled cucumbers😋: "Persian" cucumbers from our greenhouse, store-brand "oriental" seasoning, apple cider vinegar, horseradish leaves, black currant leaves, dry dill stalks and cold boiled water. No garlic for me this time.😁
Yum!

I'm going to make a pasta salad with broccoli, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers with Italian dressing.

Last night I extracted the juice from chokecherries, which I gathered from the bushes outside. I then used the juice to make chokecherry frozen yogurt. I'm sure it could easily be made vegan by using soy yogurt.

Too bad my soy yogurt turns out runny when I make it. I'll have to try it again sometime this year... I think using guar gum or xanthum gum is supposed to help thicken it up.

I have a few things I want to make today: pesto, pasta salad with veggies, pasta salad with vegan mayo and chickpeas, chickpea salad and maybe a batch of seitan sausages.

Last night I extracted the juice from chokecherries, which I gathered from the bushes outside. I then used the juice to make chokecherry frozen yogurt. I'm sure it could easily be made vegan by using soy yogurt.

Too bad my soy yogurt turns out runny when I make it. I'll have to try it again sometime this year... I think using guar gum or xanthum gum is supposed to help thicken it up.
I've been using these with great success- one per quart of plain soy milk, just beans and water.

I re-read your post and decided that i want chokeberries right now! (I've just come to the country, and i'm at home already). I was going to make "one pot pasta", and i know that if i stuff my belly with chokeberries as seriously as i always do,- i won't be able to devour anything else, ...but i can't help myself. I so miss chokeberries in winter and when i'm in town, that i need to use any possibility to satisfy my cravings, otherwise i will regret. 😁

I had something so simple for lunch- but so good!!!....

I had cooked some garbanzo beans a little over a week ago and froze some of them. This week I let a container of them thaw in the refrigerator. For lunch I microwaved a cup of instant rice with lots of fresh parsley and a sprig of my home-grown lovage, and when it was done I added some of the beans, some canned crushed tomatoes, and a tablespoon or two of vegetable oil. I was sorry I hadn't made more of it.

(But wow- that parsley had a lot of grit/sand. The rinse water had so much stuff I took it outside to dump it on the ground because I didn't want to clog the sink- perhaps not today, but eventually, after enough grit had accumulated in the drain pipe. I do that often- or water my plants with it. Maybe I was a worrywart, or maybe I was smart...)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val

I had cooked some garbanzo beans a little over a week ago and froze some of them. This week I let a container of them thaw in the refrigerator. For lunch I microwaved a cup of instant rice with lots of fresh parsley and a sprig of my home-grown lovage, and when it was done I added some of the beans, some canned crushed tomatoes, and a tablespoon or two of vegetable oil. I was sorry I hadn't made more of it.

(But wow- that parsley had a lot of grit/sand. The rinse water had so much stuff I took it outside to dump it on the ground because I didn't want to clog the sink- perhaps not today, but eventually, after enough grit had accumulated in the drain pipe. I do that often- or water my plants with it. Maybe I was a worrywart, or maybe I was smart...)
That reminds me of a soup I made after trying this recipe-https://monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com/lebanese-cabbage-rolls/
Basically the broth, lemon juice, mint, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper, and lots of fresh parsley, with lightly crushed garbanzos and rice.

I made applesauce with the apples I got for $1.5 for 3 lbs- last seasons! It was really good, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val

I love how it sounds: l-o-v-a-g-e... You and my mom would make a good couple of lovage luvrs (no offence). We have some in our garden. I, personally, loathe lovage, but mom is craving it all the time and devouring it night and day, if she's at the country, of course. :D 🍃

More seitan sausages. I had brought two batches to my parents because my dad really likes them. I went to have one the other night when I was visiting, and they were all gone. :) This made me happy.

Reactions: KLS52
I made bean burgers using dark red kidney beans. I usually use black beans, but I've built up quite a stock of kidney beans, so I'm trying them out with my black bean burger recipe. They smell good!