What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I baked a chocolate chip oatmeal cake, a pumpkin cake, and a loaf of sourdough bread. Now I'm roasting a head of cauliflower.

I am going to make black bean burgers, hummus and ginger scones, all of which will be shared with my family for the 4th of July holiday here in the States. :)

Reactions: Val
I'm planning to make a huge batch of seitan for the freezer. It's been over 3 weeks that I've not eaten any. I'm also planning to make either a yogurt or chocolate cake.
I bought a few new baking tins (plus a pie and pudding basin) at Sainsbury's and want to try them out. ;)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I have been baking a lot of cakes using my so sourdough starter, because I have a hard time throwing any of the starter out. :p

my latest version is a cherry/chocolate chip/oatmeal cake.

i also made pesto.

Reactions: PTree15
I made a small gyro type seitan. So angry I'm out gluten and my amazon prime trial is over! That's all I want from them- 4 pounds of Anthonys VWG! Maybe I'll ask my co worker to get it for me. It came out really good, trying to wait till tomorrow. i have Aldi sour creme and cukes for tzaziki!
I;ll make yogurt tonight

I am going to make tostones for dinner tonight, along with grilled zucchini.

Vegan Irish Cream liquor according to this recipe: Vegan Baileys Recipe - Great British Chefs

I slightly changed it, e.g. I used a cup of freshly brewed espresso instead of instant coffee powder, but followed the general guideline.
It turned out very nicely :)

I had already prepared the evaporated sweetened coconut milk earlier according to this recipe: Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
Seems like a very versatile ingredient, will try to make a traditional Spanish "Cortado" with it :)

I also made a large batch of vegan kimchi, this time using both napa cappage and bok choy.

Reactions: Mischief
I have made pesto so far. I really love growing basil. I love to put a few leaves in a salad as well as make pesto. I'm also making sun tea. The sun should reach my deck soon, so I should have some iced tea by this afternoon. I want to make hummus and seitan today as well.

Reactions: Val and shyvas
Well, it was yesterday, not today (I almost never go on-line Sundays)...

I soaked some garbanzo beans overnight; by mid-Sunday they were ready to cook. I measured out all the brown rice I had, set it aside, measured the proper amount of water into my slow cooker, and put the beans in on "High". When they were about 75% done I put the rice in and let everything cook for about 45 minutes more and turned it off, leaving it covered. Later, I had some for dinner topped with canned diced tomatoes and a bit of canola oil. I'm having more of the same for lunch today and tomorrow (maybe Wednesday, unless I've eaten it all by then).

I'm going to make zucchini banana chocolate chip muffins, spicy Thai peanut sauce, more zucchini cakes and possibly scones.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
Sounds like the menu of someone whose vegetable garden exploded with zucchini. They are such an aggressively hearty crop.
I am reaping the benefits of a friend's garden. :) They are hearty and so versatile. I want to grill some as well. It's so delicious that way.

I am reaping the benefits of a friend's garden. :) They are hearty and so versatile. I want to grill some as well. It's so delicious that way.
By that you mean your neighbor has so many zucchini they are coming out their ears and they're sending you home with bushel loads, I bet. Hahaha. Generally anyone I know who grows it has so much they can't come up with enough ways to give it away or hide it in everything they eat for months.

By that you mean your neighbor has so many zucchini they are coming out their ears and they're sending you home with bushel loads, I bet. Hahaha. Generally anyone I know who grows it has so much they can't come up with enough ways to give it away or hide it in everything they eat for months.
That pretty much sums it up, haha. :D