What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Pears are a good substitue. I always make a seitan & nectarine salad during the summer months.

It is my N°1 dish that I make in the slow cooker. I sometimes make lasagne and desserts but chilli is the way to go. :up:
Oh, I could use the mandarin oranges as well. I'm not a huge fan of pears, but that might be worth trying.

Reactions: Val
I made baked beans in the Instant pot, but they're really much too firm for my liking, cooked, but firm. I like baked beans almost mushy.
Taste is good...first time I cooked beans with tomato. They were soaked, and I trust the author, but I felt the time should have made them very soft, but they're not soft

Now I have foccacia rising in the IP
It's in the teens today, all I want to do is bake!

Do you dislike mushrooms (like me)?😁
Yes! :D I don't mind the little ones raw in a salad or something, but I wouldn't go out of my way to include them in one. I never buy them. And I can't tell you how many times I've been at a restaurant, asked whether they had a veggie burger and then been told, "No, but we have a portobello mushroom burger." Blech! :D

Yes! :D I don't mind the little ones raw in a salad or something, but I wouldn't go out of my way to include them in one. I never buy them. And I can't tell you how many times I've been at a restaurant, asked whether they had a veggie burger and then been told, "No, but we have a portobello mushroom burger." Blech! :D
That is so amusing: don't get me wrong, but you are the first person "on my way" who doesn't like mushrooms (and who can understand my attitude towards mushrooms, at least theoretically),- and having seen a person who is not a "mushroom gal", like the vast majority, makes me feel inspired.:flower:
My best friend (Caitlin, a.k.a. Madam Sarcastra) is a heavy mushroom eater (good for her, lol). My mom is a mushroom hunter and a mushroom luvr either.😁
I wonder, how do you feel about seaweed?🤔 I'm asking, because i loathe seaweed (since Aug.29th, 2018),- i got poisoned by a good quality seaweed and had scary autoimmune reactions afterwards (it wasn't the first time, just in case). But i've always thought that there's something wrong with this "suspicious substance",- perhaps because it smells like fish.:lol: But when i got poisoned, i asked my acquaintences from "Thermo Fisher Scientific" (former "Life Technologies") about what was wrong with me. And they told me that seaweed is no way a plant-based product (like mushrooms, but in another way), and if my blocky carcass doesn't digest animal products,- then it will gradually reject any suspicious substances, including seaweed. That's why it's forbidden for me to drink boiled Iceland moss (because Iceland moss is a hybrid of an algae, a mushroom and a bacteria).:worms: I'm glad my mom can digest it though, because it's one of her remedies that are keeping her alive, and keeping her malicious podagra from occupying her entire body.

That is so amusing: don't get me wrong, but you are the first person "on my way" who doesn't like mushrooms (and who can understand my attitude towards mushrooms, at least theoretically),- and having seen a person who is not a "mushroom gal", like the vast majority, makes me feel inspired.:flower:
My best friend (Caitlin, a.k.a. Madam Sarcastra) is a heavy mushroom eater (good for her, lol). My mom is a mushroom hunter and a mushroom luvr either.😁
I wonder, how do you feel about seaweed?🤔 I'm asking, because i loathe seaweed (since Aug.29th, 2018),- i got poisoned by a good quality seaweed and had scary autoimmune reactions afterwards (it wasn't the first time, just in case). But i've always thought that there's something wrong with this "suspicious substance",- perhaps because it smells like fish.:lol: But when i got poisoned, i asked my acquaintences from "Thermo Fisher Scientific" (former "Life Technologies") about what was wrong with me. And they told me that seaweed is no way a plant-based product (like mushrooms, but in another way), and if my blocky carcass doesn't digest animal products,- then it will gradually reject any suspicious substances, including seaweed. That's why it's forbidden for me to drink boiled Iceland moss (because Iceland moss is a hybrid of an algae, a mushroom and a bacteria).:worms: I'm glad my mom can digest it though, because it's one of her remedies that are keeping her alive, and keeping her malicious podagra from occupying her entire body.
My mother also loves mushrooms. She has so many recipes for them. None for me, thanks. I will pass.

I don't mind seaweed. It's good as a wrap in veggie sushi. That's about the only way I've ever eaten it.

Oh, and today I made a double batch of chickpea cutlets.

BBQ (pulled) jackfruit.

I made a huge batch of barbecue sauce and seriously tweaked it around. I also prepared and simmered the jack fruit. I will be gently roasting it in the air fryer with caramalised onions, pomegranate molasses plus a bit of garlic granules. It actually tastes very nice as it is but the extra roasting will give it more depth and colour.

Edit; I added some caramalised onions, extra pomegranate molasses and gently roasted it in the airy fryer. The end result was delicious and I will be freezing half of the amount when making tortillas.

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
I will be making seitan for Super Bowl Sunday. I want some buffalo nuggets for the game.