What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I need to make hummus. I devoured the last batch. :D I also want to make more seitan.

Reactions: Val
so last evening I made Corn Butter for the first time.... I was watching Krocks in the Kitchen Valentine video and it was something they made to put on some bread and it looked good and easy so I made it - thing is I used Peaches & Cream corn kernels from a can and so it was sweeter than it normally would be if I had used regular corn

I was still very good on some toasted whole wheat bread and I just had some again for lunch after it sitting in the fridge overnight and it was even better and I didn't toast the bread.

I also made falafel and hummus last night and wrapped my falafel and hummus/hot sauce in romaine lettuce leaves.

A very strange meal and yet tasty.

Emma JC
this is the recipe except I halved it and did it in my bullet so I didn't have to wash the food processor

Reactions: Mischief and Val
I have a batch of seitan baking right now, and later I will use some to make American chop suey. I may have that tonight with a salad.

so last evening I made Corn Butter for the first time.... I was watching Krocks in the Kitchen Valentine video and it was something they made to put on some bread and it looked good and easy so I made it - thing is I used Peaches & Cream corn kernels from a can and so it was sweeter than it normally would be if I had used regular corn

I was still very good on some toasted whole wheat bread and I just had some again for lunch after it sitting in the fridge overnight and it was even better and I didn't toast the bread.

I also made falafel and hummus last night and wrapped my falafel and hummus/hot sauce in romaine lettuce leaves.

A very strange meal and yet tasty.

Emma JC
this is the recipe except I halved it and did it in my bullet so I didn't have to wash the food processor

Hmmm...this looks very good. I shall try it. Maybe add a smidgeon of nooch?!

I made vegetable spring rolls today with similar ingredients to the ones I buy:

Rolls: Whole wheat
Filling: A mixture of potato, carrot, onion, bean sprouts, salt, raw sugar, sage, rosemary

Cooked in a shallow bath of oil and flipped.

Last edited: