Psychology Vegetarian diet now considered normal, veganism still effeminate

That doesn't surprise me at all.

It's good that vegetarianism is considered more mainstream now.

I wonder if the thinking is that if you care about something, then you're emotionally vulnerable. And if you're vulnerable in some way, then that makes you less masculine. One of the most important parts of the masculine role is to act as protector, so if your protector is inclined to try and save both you and the kitten from the burning house, then that makes him less effective in saving *you*, and therefore he's clearly just not very masculine.

Reactions: Andy_T
not just kittens to save but lions and wolves to kill.

I suppose it is seen as priorities in an evolutionary historic tough world..

Last edited:
This is kinda saying that people associate certain ***-holistic behaviors more with men than they do with wimmin?

The assumption that being less of an ***-hole makes you less of a man is skewed though.

I wonder how much of this is the result Madison Ave. advertising, Hollywood stereotyping, and other propaganda machines, including big business meat sellers trying to mold us into what is most profitable for themselves? People tend to be followers, and to repeat back what authority figures have said. The mass media is controlled by the rich, who can pretty effectively shape public opinion to their own benefit.

I wonder how much of this is the result Madison Ave. advertising, Hollywood stereotyping, and other propaganda machines, including big business meat sellers trying to mold us into what is most profitable for themselves? People tend to be followers, and to repeat back what authority figures have said. The mass media is controlled by the rich, who can pretty effectively shape public opinion to their own benefit.

it could be that the rich just don't see a threat from veggyism, and it can be incorporated into their world view/ world plan. The meat industry isn't ever really going to like it, but there are other and more powerful interests. I think Bill Gates said that veganism is the future, for example...he sees the danger of animal production, I think.