Vegan Aldi

I’m back reading a bit to see what I might have missed. I did see the vegan Parmesan and bleu. That might be worth a try.

I bought two of the chocolate bars! I hope I hope I like them.
I also grabbed a bag of the meatless meatballs even though I’m sure I’ll hate them. But I’m a hopeless optimist sometimes, and keep thinking that at some point, I will find something I like lol. I noticed they had two kinds…Italian, which I knew to stay away from, because, well, spices, and an original. So I went with the original.

Reactions: PTree15
Oh and I bought the vegan bleu cheese crumbles. I tasted it…I don’t hate it. It’s kind of weird, but I’m thinking in a salad…maybe one of my home grown tomatoes with cucs and onions…

I bought two of the chocolate bars! I hope I hope I like them.
I also grabbed a bag of the meatless meatballs even though I’m sure I’ll hate them. But I’m a hopeless optimist sometimes, and keep thinking that at some point, I will find something I like lol. I noticed they had two kinds…Italian, which I knew to stay away from, because, well, spices, and an original. So I went with the original.
The Moser Roth? Which ones?
I really liked the blue cheese in salad, but I didn't like it any other way. I think I'm just as good with the cheap green olives
Interested in how you like the meatless balls. They went up in price so much I'm staying away.:(. From $3,79 to 4.19 now 4.49 🙄

The Moser Roth? Which ones?
I really liked the blue cheese in salad, but I didn't like it any other way. I think I'm just as good with the cheap green olives
Interested in how you like the meatless balls. They went up in price so much I'm staying away.:(. From $3,79 to 4.19 now 4.49 🙄
I’ll go look at the chocolate…they had several.
I didn’t even look at the price of the meatballs! I hope I still have the receipt…I’m curious now. I forgot that you had said they got expensive!

I’ll go look at the chocolate…they had several.
I didn’t even look at the price of the meatballs! I hope I still have the receipt…I’m curious now. I forgot that you had said they got expensive!
I hope you got the sea salt dark chocolate! It's not 'salty', but has little flakes here and there and it's the creamiest dark chocolate I've ever had!
I also like the mint and, well, all but the chili. I dislike spices in chocolate

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Well, the dark chocolate mint and it’s very good.
Unfortunately, I didn’t notice the dark sea salt one is caramel. So it promoted me to look again and obviously, not vegan. My son is thrilled. He loves it. It’s ok, I’m very happy with the mint. It makes up for the CO2COA.

I hope you got the sea salt dark chocolate! It's not 'salty', but has little flakes here and there and it's the creamiest dark chocolate I've ever had!
I also like the mint and, well, all but the chili. I dislike spices in chocolate
I thought I was buying that. Sadly it was the caramel. ☹️ But next time I’ll pay better attention!

It’s really good dark chocolate.

I thought I was buying that. Sadly it was the caramel. ☹️ But next time I’ll pay better attention!
Caramel? Oh no, not this one! It's the only one called 'dark' that isn't vegan

1657313375524.png

Caramel? Oh no, not this one! It's the only one called 'dark' that isn't vegan

View attachment 27451
Of course it is, lol. If I had even seen the word caramel it would have raised a red flag and I would have checked. I was just grabbing stuff in my excitement. It’s my fault. I mean it’s not like it’s in small letters, lol. But I’m glad my son likes it.

I ate too much of the mint and now I want to throw up lol. It really is creamy.

Of course it is, lol. If I had even seen the word caramel it would have raised a red flag and I would have checked. I was just grabbing stuff in my excitement. It’s my fault. I mean it’s not like it’s in small letters, lol. But I’m glad my son likes it.
I got pretty exited when it came out, I would love a caramel filled dark chocolate. That's something I haven't found.
I think that one is more like toffee bits anyway.

If you want to look at the baking aisle the Specialty Select Belgium Dark chocolate chunks are vegan--in the bag with BLUE writing. The one called semi sweet (?) is not. Those are pretty high cocoa content though.

I need another bin of mixed salad greens! I find Aldi pound container of spring mix lasts longer, and tastes better, than any other i've had. I bought a mix by Josie Organics I could barely eat! Looked about the same too.
Aldi has a number of vegan dressings not marked vegan, but easily checked. My standard is the balsamic vinigrette, but when they have the Simply white balsamic and basil I buy a couple. It's really good as a marinade too

• Informative
I think I like the meatballs!! I didn’t realize how small they are. But I cooked a few in the air fryer and tasted one plain like that. It was pretty good! The outside was crispy. Kind of salty and peppery tasting but I’m going to cook them in sauce…maybe it will kill some of the salty/spiciness. At least there was no weird seasoning or texture issue.

I think I like the meatballs!! I didn’t realize how small they are. But I cooked a few in the air fryer and tasted one plain like that. It was pretty good! The outside was crispy. Kind of salty and peppery tasting but I’m going to cook them in sauce…maybe it will kill some of the salty/spiciness. At least there was no weird seasoning or texture issue.
I'm a fan of the classic Italian ones! I haven't been to Aldi in a bit and wasn't aware of the price jump. Yikes! I was loving that a lot of their vegan frozen protein was pretty reasonable at under $4. Oh well. We'll see. I need to make a run soon. I get my chickpeas and some beans there. The prices on those have gone up, too, but they are still cheaper than the standard grocery store price.

Reactions: KLS52
I am soooo happy Aldi regular frozen broccoli is back in stock!
Trader Joes, Giant Eagle brand, and whatever other brand I tried were not very good. Esp disappointed in TJ's.
Aldi organic broccoli is good, but it's larger stalks and I often end up cutting them before adding to things.
I'll buy their other organic veggies, but love the regular broccoli!

I am soooo happy Aldi regular frozen broccoli is back in stock!
Trader Joes, Giant Eagle brand, and whatever other brand I tried were not very good. Esp disappointed in TJ's.
Aldi organic broccoli is good, but it's larger stalks and I often end up cutting them before adding to things.
I'll buy their other organic veggies, but love the regular broccoli!
Agree on the broccoli! It's always good!

Look what I found…
I don’t know if it’s new but I haven’t seen it before. I bought the peanut butter ones. Haven’t tried it yet.
078DD740-33C4-49CB-A0DC-23AFB3763619.jpeg

• Wow