Vegan Aldi

I just had one. The chocolate coating is really good. The peanut butter ice cream is ok. Not really good but good enough. A little bland. Could have been more peanut buttery. I would buy again, though. Not sure the berry one is for me.

I need to try those vegan ice cream bars. I haven't had time to make an Aldi's run. Lots of work and whatnot going on. Hopefully next week.

Reactions: KLS52
Aldi now has vegan blu cheese crumbles, which I liked on a salad, parm and feta. I just opened the feta, which I have no knowledge of as dairy, and I think it's nasty! It's little square cubes like the blu, and all it tastes like is salty artificial something. I make what I call 'feta' with extra firm tofu crumbled in olive brine, or, olive oil and herbs, esp za'tar (from Penzeys) and some vinegar. Now I won't bother with the parm as I barely like FYH parm like I did (may be me, maybe new recipe?)

Aldi is really hit or miss with special vegan things. I haven't tried the lasted vegan cheese slices, but not much wanting to either. I need to make more of my own now that I have carageenan

I did surprisingly love the berry vegan ice cream bar made of coconut! i barely tasted the coconut. Little put off by the seeds in the chocolate coating though

I also tried the new vegan cookie ice cream sandwiches with oatmilk. Again, cloyingly sweet, not much like 'ice cream" Their pints of oatmilk ice cream are good, I like the strawberry a lot, very creamy

I liked the blue cheese. I haven't seen the feta I don't think. Unless I just don't remember. I like the parmesan.

I finally got to Aldi! I found some vegan ice cream sandwiches made with a light, round cookie. They are pretty OK. Not stupendous, but definitely a good option to satisfy an ice cream craving. I also got two Moser Roth chocolate bars, the mint dark chocolate and the dark sea salt. They are great!

I spent way too much money, but I stocked up on a lot of staples, so I won't have to go for a good while. Oddly, they were out of all the vegan chik'n options. So I missed out on the patties and tenders. It's all good because the soy curls have been so delicious that I don't miss the chik'n patties.

I finally got to Aldi! I found some vegan ice cream sandwiches made with a light, round cookie. They are pretty OK. Not stupendous, but definitely a good option to satisfy an ice cream craving. I also got two Moser Roth chocolate bars, the mint dark chocolate and the dark sea salt. They are great!

I spent way too much money, but I stocked up on a lot of staples, so I won't have to go for a good while. Oddly, they were out of all the vegan chik'n options. So I missed out on the patties and tenders. It's all good because the soy curls have been so delicious that I don't miss the chik'n patties.
I didn't like the ice cream cookies, but I do like the strawberry oatmilk ice cream pints!
I love the dark Moser Roth
I do not like Aldi chik'n things--I find them stringy and mushy no matter how I bake them
Didn't like the chik'n & waffles either, but I'm glad it gave me the idea to make them from other stuff!
My Aldi has been having a lot of shortages on & off

I didn't like the ice cream cookies, but I do like the strawberry oatmilk ice cream pints!
I love the dark Moser Roth
I do not like Aldi chik'n things--I find them stringy and mushy no matter how I bake them
Didn't like the chik'n & waffles either, but I'm glad it gave me the idea to make them from other stuff!
My Aldi has been having a lot of shortages on & off
I'm allergic to strawberries, but that sounds good! I got the mocha fudge ice cream pint, along with the ice cream cookies. i hadn't bought vegan ice cream in while, so it's a nice treat.

I saw the chik'n and waffles sandwiches, but that combo has never appealed to me. And I don't really care for waffles all that much.

This Aldi was a new one, but it had quite a few bare shelves. I might try the one I usually go to next time.

I'm allergic to strawberries, but that sounds good! I got the mocha fudge ice cream pint, along with the ice cream cookies. i hadn't bought vegan ice cream in while, so it's a nice treat.

I saw the chik'n and waffles sandwiches, but that combo has never appealed to me. And I don't really care for waffles all that much.

This Aldi was a new one, but it had quite a few bare shelves. I might try the one I usually go to next time.
You may like the cold brew oatmilk ice cream. The third one is something like cookie dough or cookies--I didn't care for that one. The oatmilk ones are just a yearly special here. I do like the cold brew as coffee ice cream is a favorite of mine

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
You may like the cold brew oatmilk ice cream. The third one is something like cookie dough or cookies--I didn't care for that one. The oatmilk ones are just a yearly special here. I do like the cold brew as coffee ice cream is a favorite of mine
I'll have to look out for that one. I didn't see any oat milk-based ice creams. I could have missed them since I hadn't been in so long.

@PTree15 is it these? I bought them today. I really like them lol.
I hope they still have them next time I go. Definitely a repeat buy for me. I might try the chocolate cookie ones but I love vanilla.
0848309C-A688-44CB-B1A4-742F0C2D653F.jpeg

I hope they still have them next time I go. Definitely a repeat buy for me. I might try the chocolate cookie ones but I love vanilla.
View attachment 27797
Yes! I would buy them again, too. It hit the spot after dinner last night. I have to try to make them last more than a week, haha.

My Aldi had empty shelves too. I was surprised.

I don't like their pints of ice cream. I much prefer what I can get in the supermarket whether it be Ben and Jerry's or even So Delicious.

I saw chicken waffles but didn't realize they were not real chicken. I don't find them appealing anyway.

My Aldi had empty shelves too. I was surprised.

I don't like their pints of ice cream. I much prefer what I can get in the supermarket whether it be Ben and Jerry's or even So Delicious.

I saw chicken waffles but didn't realize they were not real chicken. I don't find them appealing anyway.
The pints are hit-and-miss for sure. I do like the vanilla one and the one I got, the mocha fudge. I like Ben & Jerry's, but sometimes they are just too sweet for me. So Delicious is a good brand. I like most of their flavors. But I'm forever watching the pennies (sometimes, haha), so I get the Aldi ones to save a little. That said, I had a Ben & Jerry's Changed the Whirled at their shop near the Apple Store last week, and even though it was really sweet, I still enjoyed it. It needs more ice cream and fewer cookie bits, though. It was the only vegan flavor they had that day.

Last edited:
The pints are hit-and-miss for sure. I do like the vanilla one and the one I got, the mocha fudge. I like Ben & Jerry's, but sometimes they are just too sweet for me. So Delicious is a good brand. I like most of their flavors. But I'm forever watching the pennies (sometimes, haha), so I get the Aldi ones to save a little. That said, I had a Ben & Jerry's Changed the Whirled at their shop near the Apple Store last week, and even though it was really sweet, I still enjoyed it. It needs more ice cream and fewer cookie bits, though. It was the only vegan flavor they had that day,
I love vanilla but haven't found a non dairy that I like. I will try Aldi's if I see vanilla. I thought I was buying the mocha fudge one. I must reached down and grabbed another by mistake because when I got home and went to taste it, it was plain chocolate. I was so mad. I love mocha fudge. I don't know how I did that, grabbing the wrong one. I may add it to one of the ripple chocolate protein drinks and have a milkshake. Maybe add a little pb2 powder. It's actually sounding pretty good lol.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
The pints are hit-and-miss for sure. I do like the vanilla one and the one I got, the mocha fudge. I like Ben & Jerry's, but sometimes they are just too sweet for me. So Delicious is a good brand. I like most of their flavors. But I'm forever watching the pennies (sometimes, haha), so I get the Aldi ones to save a little. That said, I had a Ben & Jerry's Changed the Whirled at their shop near the Apple Store last week, and even though it was really sweet, I still enjoyed it. It needs more ice cream and fewer cookie bits, though. It was the only vegan flavor they had that day,
Totally agree that their range is far too sweet and is full of cheap tasting cookies, chocolate and other. Plain ice cream is far better and you can easily add any chunks of whatever for a fraction of the price.

View attachment 27797
Yes. I had the chocolate cookies, and thought the ice cream was a lot like Breyers vegan choc chip, which I had fairly recently
I had one cookie sandwich, my son had the rest
Love the oatmilk pints strawberry and cold brew- the cold brew is nice added to strong coffee. I used to add ice cream to my coffee years back
Got the waffle cones too!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Yes. I had the chocolate cookies, and thought the ice cream was a lot like Breyers vegan choc chip, which I had fairly recently
I had one cookie sandwich, my son had the rest
Love the oatmilk pints strawberry and cold brew- the cold brew is nice added to strong coffee. I used to add ice cream to my coffee years back
Got the waffle cones too!
I have the waffle cones! They're good.

The very best vegan ice cream I've had is from a local custard shop. It's made with oatmilk, and $6 something a pint!
The only flavor I ever want though is the raspberry cordial. they have a different flavor every day. Last week I went for it and they had to sub black raspberry chocolate chip. Was good, but I love the raspberry swirl in the cordial, which they couldn't get :confused:.
At that price I won't be overindulging :laughing:
Ben & Jerrys don't have flavors I want--for as many as they make to choose from :ignore:. I remember the brownie bits. Not a fan

Oh yeah! I just got these, and as much as I want to try them I have other stuff to eat. They were $5.99, so they'd have to be really really good to buy more. But they may be :shrug:
If it weren't for the leftover pizza.....:rofl:
1661373730719.png

• Informative
What I love from aldi is their big spring mix tub. I haven't had a salad all week and need one!
OH, they now have their onion rings. They've been gone a very long time, I bought 3 bags

• Informative