Vegan Aldi

:scream: O.M.G!!!!
I thought this was discontinued--my favorite bubbly. Last year Aldi had these and I went to much trouble to get a few cartons, as in, on my knees pulling them out from the very very back. The coffee exotica one
1661376261053.png

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Oh yeah! I just got these, and as much as I want to try them I have other stuff to eat. They were $5.99, so they'd have to be really really good to buy more. But they may be :shrug:
If it weren't for the leftover pizza.....:rofl:
View attachment 27799
I just made a couple and do not like them. The Beyond Italian sausage is not like the links- it has a gritty weird texture and altered taste
If you like the Trader Joes meatless pizza, which I hated, you probably would like these

I forgot to mention that when I was there last week, they didn’t have any vegan Parmesan shreds. I’m almost out. *sad face*

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I forgot to mention that when I was there last week, they didn’t have any vegan Parmesan shreds. I’m almost out. *sad face*
You liked the parm?
Mine had the blue and the feta for 1.99 but I didn't see any parm

@PTree15 is it these? I bought them today. I really like them lol.
I hope they still have them next time I go. Definitely a repeat buy for me. I might try the chocolate cookie ones but I love vanilla.
View attachment 27797
I’m eating one of these now. I have one left. *sad face* I think they are so good! I was going to try the chocolate cookie ones but I wonder if I shouldn’t bother since I like these so much.

You liked the parm?
Mine had the blue and the feta for 1.99 but I didn't see any parm
yes…I find it very similar to the follow your heart one that I can get in Big Y but it’s more expensive. Luckily I bought two from Aldi my trip prior so it lasted me awhile.

I still have the blue in the fridge. I like it but I don’t use it as much as I do Parmesan. I eat a lot of soup/pasta, hence, I use a lot of parm.

I’m eating one of these now. I have one left. *sad face* I think they are so good! I was going to try the chocolate cookie ones but I wonder if I shouldn’t bother since I like these so much.
I'm trying to make mine last more than two weeks, haha! I have two left. I'm enjoying them as well. I may pop back to Aldi and pick up a few more before they are out for the season.

I'm trying to make mine last more than two weeks, haha! I have two left. I'm enjoying them as well. I may pop back to Aldi and pick up a few more before they are out for the season.
I found my son left me a choco ice cream cookie and it really tasted much better this time. I think I need like 3 times trying a new food before I make a decision o_O

I bought Aldi new BBQ sauce- Georgia Peach. It's just a hint of spicy, and can definitely taste the peachy. It's sweet. Sugar though, no corn syrup
I'm such sucker for buying condiments. I'm well aware how easy it is to make them, but unless you prep it ahead of time they're just an additional fuss I'd rather not have when I'm making things.
It was $2.99 for a 20 oz bottle. Their Texas BBQ is still my favorite

I found my son left me a choco ice cream cookie and it really tasted much better this time. I think I need like 3 times trying a new food before I make a decision o_O
I'm the opposite in that I (think) like something initially but then don't the second or third time in.
I bought Aldi new BBQ sauce- Georgia Peach. It's just a hint of spicy, and can definitely taste the peachy. It's sweet. Sugar though, no corn syrup
I'm such sucker for buying condiments. I'm well aware how easy it is to make them, but unless you prep it ahead of time they're just an additional fuss I'd rather not have when I'm making things.
I agree!

Yep, the first one I tried, I was like, they're OK, but the second one was much better.

Me, too. I have like a million sauces and spices at home.

I just watched a YT video on Aldi in the UK. I need to try the local Aldi store again. :)I really liked the mock fish products we tried.

The Youtuber mentioned something I have noticed, that people from the US pronounce it as "Uldi" rather than how we say it.

I just watched a YT video on Aldi in the UK. I need to try the local Aldi store again. :)I really liked the mock fish products we tried.

The Youtuber mentioned something I have noticed, that people from the US pronounce it as "Uldi" rather than how we say it.
Oh, interesting on the pronunciation…I definitely do not say Uldi!
It’s AWL-dee for me.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I bought two of the vegan Parmesan shreds because they don’t always have them. And I bought a box each of the vanilla and chocolate vegan ice cream sandwiches. I really like them a lot. I might like the chocolate better than the vanilla which surprises me. Now if I could only keep son from eating them…he loves them too.

• Love
For anyone that got familiar with Specialy Selections Belgium Dark chocolate chunks being good vegan chocolate chunks---they now list milk-butterfat- as an ingredient :worried:

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
For anyone that got familiar with Specialy Selections Belgium Dark chocolate chunks being good vegan chocolate chunks---they now list milk-butterfat- as an ingredient :worried:
Thanks for the heads up. I often don’t “recheck” ingredients when I’ve already done so with certain items.

Thanks for the heads up. I often don’t “recheck” ingredients when I’ve already done so with certain items.
Aldi is terrible for changing ingredients without warning, as well as having regional ingredients.The packaging always remains the same
i'm in a vegan Aldi FB where someone pointed this out. I normally always check,but these had been missing a while and I had just gotten in line when I thought to check. I was so happy to see them I just grabbed a bag.
Things like gravy mixes, boxed stuffing....some people show as vegan where they have diary or other in other areas.
There roll out pie crust was vegan about 5 years back, then they added lard. I still look at it to this day

I guess that means I'll get a few next time I'm at TJ's

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52