Vegan Aldi

Please use the contact form as well as the survey at bottom of Aldi receipt to let them know!

Reactions: KLS52
The Earth Grown chik'n patties were finally back in stock at my Aldi. Happy, happy. I also got some ice cream (chocolate and vanilla). They didn't have the ice cream sandwich cookies, though.

The Earth Grown chik'n patties were finally back in stock at my Aldi. Happy, happy. I also got some ice cream (chocolate and vanilla). They didn't have the ice cream sandwich cookies, though.
Hmmm, last time I tried the chik patties, tenders , or nuggets they had a stringy and soft texture I couldn't fix.Should I try again? I used to like them.
I did get a couple of the EarthGrown turk'y, fresh brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, cranberries
Was it the almond ice cream?
I've been getting the choc coated E G bars-fruits of the forest--for $2.99. They've had them in the special freezer for so long they should discount them more--and I'd buy them all! :weird:
Would like to try the Friendly Farm ALmond Nog for French toast

Hmmm, last time I tried the chik patties, tenders , or nuggets they had a stringy and soft texture I couldn't fix.Should I try again? I used to like them.
I did get a couple of the EarthGrown turk'y, fresh brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, cranberries
Was it the almond ice cream?
I've been getting the choc coated E G bars-fruits of the forest--for $2.99. They've had them in the special freezer for so long they should discount them more--and I'd buy them all! :weird:
Would like to try the Friendly Farm ALmond Nog for French toast
Yikes, I hope they aren't stringy. :D
Yes, the ice cream was almond milk-based.
My special freezer didn't have anything good in it this time. That's where I found the ice cream sandwiches made with the cookies.
Oh, I didn't notice whether there was any almond nog. I would like to try that, too. I did get almond milk, though. :)

My big finds at Aldi have been more modest, but have saved me a few dollars.

Mandarin oranges which I snack on a lot and some basic produce is cheaper.

There are some cheaper trail mixes there.

My favorite is finding bottles of mustard, without crap ingredients for just $1. At the Whole Foods analogs I shop at for everything else healthy mustard is about $6 a bottle!

Last edited:
My big finds at Aldi have been more modest, but have saved me a few dollars.

Mandarin oranges and some basic produce is cheaper.

There has been some cheaper trail mixes there.

My favorite is finding bottles of mustard, without crap ingredients for just $1. At the Whole Foods analogs I shop at for everything else healthy mustard is about $6 a bottle!
Agree on the mustard! Same with chips and other crunchy snacks. They used to be under $1 at Aldi, but even at an average of $2 a bag, that's still cheaper than the grocery story. A pound bag of mini pretzels is running $4.50 in the big grocery stores.

Reactions: beforewisdom
Aldi gets the best condiments--and yes,esp mustards!
Dijon is a standard, but the specials are really good. RIght now we have stone ground and the whole grain sweet Bavarian, and a smooth beer mustard

Next time I'll stock up. That whole grainsweet mustard is theBEST glaze! I just made a sham too and want more

Interestingly, I've been to about 3 Aldi locations now and they are slightly different.

Various products are in different locations.

Noticeable differences in the vegan products offered between locations.

None had whole, frozen string beans let alone the thin ones. What is it with people! :)

One location ( sadly, the one closest to mine ) makes you pay to use a shopping cart. None of the locations offered baskets. None of the locations had a bagging area at the end of their checkout line. I can't see any of those things driving up costs.

Interestingly, I've been to about 3 Aldi locations now and they are slightly different.

Various products are in different locations.

Noticeable differences in the vegan products offered between locations.

None had whole, frozen string beans let alone the thin ones. What is it with people! :)

One location ( sadly, the one closest to mine ) makes you pay to use a shopping cart. None of the locations offered baskets. None of the locations had a bagging area at the end of their checkout line. I can't see any of those things driving up costs.
They have been having many shortages in my stores. I have two near me, and will use Instacart only to check for availabilty. It's worked well for me, mostly on the canned cat food
They do have the long thin green beans-not sure if they're called haricoverts or not I haven't seen lately
You only need to put a quarter in to unlock the cart, then you get it back when you return it and lock it.
People used to pass on their carts and deny the quarter, I've noticed this isn't very common since prices have increased!
I thought all Aldi had this system of renting carts. It makes it so fast for the cashier to put the items in the cart and when people just tryand use bags it can mess it up as the cashier still needs to use a cart-then that person has to quickly get their items in their bag for the next person
All Aldi I've been to have a long bagging counter at the front of the store! How are you supposed to bag? Take cart to your car?

Always check items at Aldi for ingredient changes!!!

Oh--mine has the long thin green beans fresh as a regular

I love Aldi's checkout system and wish all stores did that. I have no issue with needing a quarter to use the cart. I often give my cart to someone else...occasionally they will hand me a quarter but most times I tell them to pay it forward.

All Aldi I've been to have a long bagging counter at the front of the store! How are you supposed to bag? Take cart to your car?
That's actually how people in Germany usually do it. Most people don't use the bagging counter. They wheel the cart to their cars, open the trunk and pack their groceries into bags in the trunk.

I tried a Lidl yesterday. A little bit more expensive, but they had organic firm calcium set tofu, which I buy a lot of, 40 cents cheaper per carton!

I will still go to local Aldi for that chemical free mustard at just $1 ! :)

It is nice not to have to pay $5 for condiment just to get something without a chemistry store in the ingredients.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I love Aldi's checkout system and wish all stores did that. I have no issue with needing a quarter to use the cart. I often give my cart to someone else...occasionally they will hand me a quarter but most times I tell them to pay it forward.
Agreed, and I do the same with the quarter! I've always liked their system. And there are always carts available with people having to return them to get their quarter back.

That's actually how people in Germany usually do it. Most people don't use the bagging counter. They wheel the cart to their cars, open the trunk and pack their groceries into bags in the trunk.
That actually makes more sense, unless it's raining or something. You actually cut down on one loading step. I might do that next time.

I think I prefer having the counter to bag. When I do Costco and/or walmart with my daughter I find it annoying to bag in the trunk. But that's just me. I'm a big proponent of everyone doing what works for them. 😊

Reactions: PTree15
Oh yeah, during the height of covid you went allowed to bring bags or use counter at all. I like the option. If I only have a few larger items I take to car. I like that you can always get boxes too

Reactions: PTree15
I went to Aldi for the first time in a while, and I was a bit disappointed in the lack of vegan items in the freezer section. They had no chik'n products and just veggie burgers. No classic meatless balls, either. :( And no vegan creamer, not that I buy that often, but I do get it once in a while for iced coffee. I did find Vanilla ice cream, which was nice, and the Moser Roth chocolate raspberry bar (it's delicious!).

I might try a couple of Aldi stores in other towns. I'm wondering whether my area has enough vegan/plant-based people for Aldi to keep enough vegan items in stock.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: KLS52 and silva
I went to Aldi for the first time in a while, and I was a bit disappointed in the lack of vegan items in the freezer section. They had no chik'n products and just veggie burgers. No classic meatless balls, either. :( And no vegan creamer, not that I buy that often, but I do get it once in a while for iced coffee. I did find Vanilla ice cream, which was nice, and the Moser Roth chocolate raspberry bar (it's delicious!).

I might try a couple of Aldi stores in other towns. I'm wondering whether my area has enough vegan/plant-based people for Aldi to keep enough vegan items in stock.

It's completely different in the UK. I went to both Brighton and Portslade branches and they have loads of vegan items. The former also has a bakery where they do vegan sausage rolls for only 75 p and they always sell out.

Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
It's completely different in the UK. I went to both Brighton and Portslade branches and they have loads of vegan items. The former also has a bakery where they do vegan sausage rolls for only 75 p and they always sell out.
I'm so jealous! I think it's my town. It's sort of traditional in my neck of the woods, and people aren't too adventurous when it comes to dining out. If I want to go anywhere decent to eat out, I have to hit up other towns. We used to have a vegan restaurant that was mostly takeout, but to be honest, it was just OK. They went under during the pandemic. Thankfully, there is Divine Treasures for vegan chocolates, cheese and other treats, though.

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas