Vegan Aldi

I finally did a biggish shopping at Aldi, and they had almond milk-based vegan ice cream! I bought mocha fudge and vanilla. I will try them (yes, a scoop each, hehe) tonight after dinner.

I'd be interested to know what the vanilla flavoured one tastes like. UK Aldi has a vegan one for only £ 1.99 but I've never tasted it.

I'd be interested to know what the vanilla flavoured one tastes like. UK Aldi has a vegan one for only £ 1.99 but I've never tasted it.
It has a nice strong flavor, which is good because I have found that some vegan vanilla ice creams are sort of bland. This is not. I will say it could be creamier, but I can let that slide because I like the flavor. It might be a bit sweeter than some vanilla ice creams I've had, but it wasn't overly so. I mixed it with the mocha fudge, and that was a lovely combo.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
It has a nice strong flavor, which is good because I have found that some vegan vanilla ice creams are sort of bland. This is not. I will say it could be creamier, but I can let that slide because I like the flavor. It might be a bit sweeter than some vanilla ice creams I've had, but it wasn't overly so. I mixed it with the mocha fudge, and that was a lovely combo.

Sounds like you're having a great time PTree! :D

Reactions: PTree15
I thought it was a lot like vanilla soft serve.

Sounds like you're having a great time PTree! :D
I am. :D I'm measuring my portions, though, otherwise it would be gone already!

@silva Interesting. I didn't get that sense, but either way it's really good, and I will be getting it again.

I am. :D I'm measuring my portions, though, otherwise it would be gone already!

@silva Interesting. I didn't get that sense, but either way it's really good, and I will be getting it again.

You're far better than me. I can't resist ice cream ever since I was a tiny tot and I fell in love with the stuff.

You're far better than me. I can't resist ice cream ever since I was a tiny tot and I fell in love with the stuff.
Same here. Though I haven't had dairy ice cream in decades because it always bothered my stomach. i think I was lactose-intolerant and didn't realize that it was a thing back in the day.

• Friendly
My Aldi just got these in as specials at $3.99. I had the Orange Chik'n bowl for work lunch and really, really, enjoyed it! I did not expect to like it at all 😄
I bought the other ones too, as it's nice to have something to just grab for work. The soy chunks were yummy! wish they were sold separately!
1622236532075.png

My Aldi just got these in as specials at $3.99. I had the Orange Chik'n bowl for work lunch and really, really, enjoyed it! I did not expect to like it at all 😄
I bought the other ones too, as it's nice to have something to just grab for work. The soy chunks were yummy! wish they were sold separately!
View attachment 24585
Wow, very cool! I will have to be on the lookout for those.

This week (at mine this week at least-ad dates differ) Aldi has a vegan Truwhip--coolwhip. They have a vegan tub, and a keto tub, for 2.69
I have missed CoolWhip! This has no coconut, really not terrible ingredients. It's good!

1623804880955.png

Aldi now has Earth Grown vegan cheddar shreds--special find though 🙄 .They're very good, $3.50 for 8oz.:up:

Also frozen falafel--garlic herb has cilantro so I can't comment on that, the reg has a crazy amount of dill! :down:

Vegan Truwhip is all gone-at both my stores, but the keto ones are left!

I was at Aldi today, and my store had a special purchase of vegan ice cream bars. They had a couple of flavors. I bought the Forest Berries flavor. It's full of real berries, and the dark chocolate shell also has pieces of raspberry.

It's one of the best ice cream things I've eaten in my life, so I popped in to tell you about it. $2.99 for a box of three. It does contain coconut milk, although I couldn't taste any coconut.

I was at Aldi today, and my store had a special purchase of vegan ice cream bars. They had a couple of flavors. I bought the Forest Berries flavor. It's full of real berries, and the dark chocolate shell also has pieces of raspberry.

It's one of the best ice cream things I've eaten in my life, so I popped in to tell you about it. $2.99 for a box of three. It does contain coconut milk, although I couldn't taste any coconut
Good to see you are enjoying the good 😌 things in life mischief, it been a long time between postings

Last edited:

It's one of the best ice cream things I've eaten in my life, so I popped in to tell you about it. $2.99 for a box of three. It does contain coconut milk, although I couldn't taste any coconut.
:rose:
I'm very tempted to try them as I love berries and dark chocolate!
I do dislike coconut ice creams though, and usually do taste the coconut, but my son would have them if I don't

• Agree
Ohhhhh…good point. I’m not sure! I’ll go look to see if it says.