UK Vegan Cosmetics

I emailed m&s for a list... so if they give me a list of things that ARE vegan I'll post it for anybody interested. I hope they do because quite a few of my make up items are nearing the end of their life.... :(

Also... just noticed urban decay have a (not vegan) lipstick called "Gash".... presuming this means something different in america and they haven't changed it for the UK? Or it's an odd marketing strategy.... :oops::p

I have that lipstick so it must have been vegan at some point. :confused: I remember I have it because of the name because I laughed when I read it.:D I need some new lipsticks. the BWC ones always break off at the end.

Also... just noticed urban decay have a (not vegan) lipstick called "Gash".... presuming this means something different in america and they haven't changed it for the UK? Or it's an odd marketing strategy.... :oops::p

Clinique have released something called the 'Chubby Stick Intense'. Nearly died laughing.

Does anyone remember the Playboy makeup range? It had lovely colour names such as "centre fold" and "wanna see my tan lines?" wtf? Didnt last too long!

I have that lipstick so it must have been vegan at some point. :confused: I remember I have it because of the name because I laughed when I read it.:D I need some new lipsticks. the BWC ones always break off at the end.

Maybe I am wrong, I thought that was what it said online, but from memory. :)

I have a lipstick from Elysambre which is really good, my mum got it for me but I'm pretty sure it said vegan on the packet when I got it (obviously thrown it away now and I can't find much about them online, my mum got it in a health food store), although they aren't BUAV approved.

I also bought the naked foundation from urban decay today and it looks good so far! I really hate how they always slate your current foundation when you get them to colour match you though... it always makes me feel like I look awful. I mean, mine was slapped on a bit anyway because I put it on before it was light and make up + bedroom light = a bit patchy... but still.

I can't believe there's a cruelty free shampoo and conditioner in Boots!? I'm looking it up right now :) What's your favourite one? They do a few different types.

I'm so happy, I've found it so hard to find shampoo/conditioner.

Gotta say, I don't think Naked are BUAV approved (might be, not sure) but I came across them because I have to use sulphate-free shampoos & theirs are sulphate & silicone free. All the products are vegetarian but some are not vegan, so have a look on the back. :)

The Naked Strengh Renewing Shampoo is the best one. It's actually amazing with their leave in conditioner!

The Naked one doesn't work at all for me :(

Actually I'm running out of options, all the vegan shampoos I have are not working as well as they used to. I wish I knew what to do.

What type of hair do you have Lord Snot?

I have very fine, but also dry hair. I use the superdrug one for fine hair which is brilliant, my hairs never felt/looked so good. I also use a serum from BodyShop to make it less frizzy.

Co-op do vegan shampoos and conditioners but I've never tried them.

Ive found I have to swap around between shampoos or they stop working for me. apparently needing to switch shampoos is a myth, but it bloody happens to me. at the moment im using lush's beer smelling one. I found that the Naked one, which I tried back when I was a student, made my hair look and feel unwashed. Weird how different peoples heads react so differently.

I can't believe there's a cruelty free shampoo and conditioner in Boots!? I'm looking it up right now :) What's your favourite one? They do a few different types.

I'm so happy, I've found it so hard to find shampoo/conditioner.

I also have stopped going into to Boots because of their policy but that will change now. They also ship abroad so I may try their anti frizz range.

I have looked up the Naked Faq section and they give out a list of the non vegan products. They also state why they don't have the leaping bunny label.

http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/faqs

Ive found I have to swap around between shampoos or they stop working for me. apparently needing to switch shampoos is a myth, but it bloody happens to me. at the moment im using lush's beer smelling one. I found that the Naked one, which I tried back when I was a student, made my hair look and feel unwashed. Weird how different peoples heads react so differently.

It's certainly not a myth for me, every shampoo will stop working after a month or two and if I switch, it usually does the job again.

That hasn't been the case in the last few months though, no shampoos are working. I think it might be because I'm working in the city again with all the pollution?

What type of hair do you have Lord Snot?

I have very fine, but also dry hair. I use the superdrug one for fine hair which is brilliant, my hairs never felt/looked so good. I also use a serum from BodyShop to make it less frizzy.

Co-op do vegan shampoos and conditioners but I've never tried them.

I have fine hair. It hardly ever gets dry. It used to be fine for 4-6 days after a wash but now it's getting greasy by the second day and I hate it!