UK Vegan Cosmetics

I always forget about M&S, are the products clearly labelled or would I need to ask them for a vegan list?

I thought Next tested on animals.They have a logo on the back of their stuff which is for the Fund for Replacing Animals in Medical Experiments(FRAME)...which is not a CF logo in the same as the BUAV is a CF logo.

M&S are not tested but may contain animal bits. Id ask for a list.

I thought Next tested on animals.They have a logo on the back of their stuff which is for the Fund for Replacing Animals in Medical Experiments(FRAME)...which is not a CF logo in the same as the BUAV is a CF logo.

Oh. I hope I'm not misinforming peeps. I thought they were in my nature watch booklet of CF companies as they have a fixed cut off date, but I lost that a little while ago so I can't confirm.

Does anyone have a nature watch booklet to check?

I saw them listed on PETAS none testing list but I reguard everything Peta says as BS. :oops:

Love this thread. Would we be able to get a list going at th beginning of the thread like we have with the general uk products? I'm struggling to keep up with which brands are cf/vegan...sorry lol.
M&S was a new one for me! Thanks for mentioning! Xxx

Reactions: SummerRain
Love this thread. Would we be able to get a list going at th beginning of the thread like we have with the general uk products? I'm struggling to keep up with which brands are cf/vegan...sorry lol.
M&S was a new one for me! Thanks for mentioning! Xxx

I'll sort a list out when I've recovered from cleaning :D

I have started a list. I've put every company in that has been discussed so far, and when I have more time I will expand it. I will also add links to posts giving reviews/recommendations of specific products.

Aery, if you read this, is there any way you can split my first post in the thread into 2 posts? I would like the very first post to be just the list, and then talk about my purchases of the day in another. Please let me know :D

I have started a list. I've put every company in that has been discussed so far, and when I have more time I will expand it. I will also add links to posts giving reviews/recommendations of specific products.

Aery, if you read this, is there any way you can split my first post in the thread into 2 posts? I would like the very first post to be just the list, and then talk about my purchases of the day in another. Please let me know :D

Thanks! xxx

I just added Amie Skincare to the list. My mum bought me their cleansing face wash and clay mask and they are really good quality products. I especially recommend the mask: http://amieskincare.com/products-page/1142-2/. They are also paraben free so suitable for cancer sufferers, I believe. The products are available at Tesco, Waitrose and John Lewis as well as online.

Doesn't look like I can split it, sorry :(

Doesn't look like I can split it, sorry :(
Thanks for trying :D

I will take it out of the OP and put it in a here.
I found this regarding tesco own brand cosmetics/household goods if anyone is interested. Obviously no leaping bunny xxx
http://www.tescoplc.com/assets/files/cms/Animal Welfare.pdf

That's interesting. Since it's Tesco I'm a bit hesitant to put them in the list and recommend them to new veg*ns. Can anyone confirm that their stuff is not animal tested?

I finally bought some Barry M, after 5 years of veg*nism. :p Everything in Superdrug is 3 for 2 so I bought the waterproof Bold Black mascara and two nail polishes (284 Emerald Green and 291 Cobalt Blue). I just tried the mascara and I'm pleasantly surprised. I only used to use DiorShow so obviously it doesn't match that in quality, but it's not clumping and it has definitely added length and volume. I would say my lashes look a bit spidery but only if you're really looking to pick fault. So I'm happy! My e.l.f stuff should be arriving soon :)

I also bought Superdrug's own deodrant and shampoo which again, I've never tried. Will report back my findings.

I think Tesco do test...I remember a BUAV article about it but cant find it at the moment...

I wasn't sure about tesco either.
I have noticed on a few of their household products, eg washing up liquid, it states in there not tested on animals. But obvs no leaping bunny. Haven't seen that statement on all of their own brand products though.
Can they just lie like that though? Xxx

I once e-mailed L'Oreal and they replied saying their products were not tested on animals, and stating their fixed cut off date. But they do test on animals so yes, companies can lie :(

I know Tesco operates in China so perhaps that is what the BUAV article was about - as we know, China requires animal testing for cosmetics.