TV & Film The TV Room

Hilda is one of my daughter's favourites, and I usually watch it with her. We just finished watching S2. Yep, I thought S2 was as good as S1, which I thought was absolutely brilliant.
I love Hilda's accent Do you know where it's from? Please don't tell me it's from Trollberg.
do you think S2 had more music than season one. I thought so but it's been a while.

So excited that I have two seasons of Last Tango in Halifax to watch! 😍

For those of you who are in Europe who have access to the BBC, I highly recommend the new Attenborough series
Perfect Planet. Just now finished watching tonight’s episode on Oceans. Was beautifully filmed...
Next weeks episode is about the human influence on the planet, climate change etc... Looks very interesting...
For those of you in the USA, Canada or Australia perhaps it will be available on Netflix or PBS?

I've been watching quite a lot of Court TV recently.
I've managed to see 2 trials and a few snippets of The Wrong Appartement murder trial which is quite interesting :

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
I finally watched the last episode of Discovery last night.

I googled Strike to see if there was any news on the next season.
There isn't any but I ended finding out that Strike's costar Holliday Grainger * was in a crime drama called The Capture. The reviews were decent so I started watching it. So far so good, but I've been warned that the ending may be disappointing.

* Holliday Grainger is such a perfect English movie star name. Half 007 and half Harry Potter.

The downside of getting all caught up on Outlander is that I’m now in the full throes of Droughtlander. 😬 At least they’ve finally started filming season 6.

I’m now a full season behind on The Orville, and season 3 is coming, so I guess season 2 is next on my agenda.

Reactions: Emma JC
A US series called The Inbetween... it’s set in Seattle one of the main characters is sort of a medium...
Not a fabulous series but, entertaining...

Reactions: Emma JC and Amy SF
started watching New Amsterdam on netflix last night - wow, we love it and the great news is that they are starting a Season 3 that will be out starting March 2nd - yayyy something to binge and then to watch weekly

Max, is from Blacklist, which we also love so it is like seeing an old friend and they have lots of known entities on individual episodes like the Borg Queen and Dr Flox from Star trek.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: 1956
A US series called The Inbetween... it’s set in Seattle one of the main characters is sort of a medium...
Not a fabulous series but, entertaining...
I just finished the first season.
I don't think I really understand why I like some Tv shows.
I know in books I love the urban fantasy genre. but I try to avoid ghosts and vampires. more into magic and wizards.
Not only is this show all about ghosts but its not even very orriginal. Just a newer version of the TV show Medium and Ghost Whisperer.
I liked the diversity in the cast and it didn't seem forced. But the main character doesn't seem to be well thought out. She went to college but is a bartender. She is a bartender but wears heels to work. Her house is way to nice for a bartender to afford. (maybe she inherited it?)

Anyway, like 1956 said, its entertaining.

Reactions: 1956
I just finished the first season.
I don't think I really understand why I like some Tv shows.
I know in books I love the urban fantasy genre. but I try to avoid ghosts and vampires. more into magic and wizards.
Not only is this show all about ghosts but its not even very orriginal. Just a newer version of the TV show Medium and Ghost Whisperer.
I liked the diversity in the cast and it didn't seem forced. But the main character doesn't seem to be well thought out. She went to college but is a bartender. She is a bartender but wears heels to work. Her house is way to nice for a bartender to afford. (maybe she inherited it?)

Anyway, like 1956 said, its entertaining.
Yep, I agree with you @Lou on all of the inconsistency... I have never seen Medium or Ghost Whisperer... I won’t watch anything with much violence...ghosts and vampires are ok as long as it doesn’t get too rough...
started watching New Amsterdam on netflix last night - wow, we love it and the great news is that they are starting a Season 3 that will be out starting March 2nd - yayyy something to binge and then to watch weekly

Max, is from Blacklist, which we also love so it is like seeing an old friend and they have lots of known entities on individual episodes like the Borg Queen and Dr Flox from Star trek.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Yes, @Emma JC, I have been watching this too...To me it’s a good wholesome feel good series...It is on TV over here, I am on the 2nd series really glad to hear that there is a 3rd series...

Reactions: Emma JC