TV & Film The TV Room

We're watching One Day on Netflix at the moment and really enjoying it.

I have read the book years ago but fortunately can't remember it too well.

The man in it is very beautiful.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
we started watching The Magic Prank Show with Justin Williams last night - it is entertaining - a mix of pranks and magic and they keep it tight and short episodes so it is a nice distraction

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we finished watching it last night and enjoyed it very much

Emma JC

we started watching The Magic Prank Show with Justin Williams last night - it is entertaining - a mix of pranks and magic and they keep it tight and short episodes so it is a nice distraction

Emma JC
I just found that this is available on Netflix, so will definitely give it a try soon :)

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
New Quantum Leap cancelled. I was hoping they would get Sam at the end, but they could not get Scott Bakula to cameo. The last episode was supposed to be a storyline in the original, but it did not go forward. Both ended sadly leaving questions.
I haven't seen the new "Quantum Leap", but I was disappointed about how the original with Scott Bakula and Darren MacGavin ended: abruptly, and up-in-the-air. (Kind of like how "The Sopranos" TV show ended, actually.) I don't know why I even cared as little as I did: it was only a made-up story! (ETA: I read that the original was cancelled after the last episode of the final season had been filmed, but before it had aired- which explains why the series ended that way).

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I was too tired to watch Discovery the other night so I might watch that later.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
We started watching Sugar starring Colin Farrell. I like it so far. I had read good reviews.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
Ok I am trying to watch more of "Fallout", but I am not really "getting it." I am not really feeling anything for the characters. I don't know if I will keep watching it or not.

• Agree
So I finished season one of "Fallout" and there will be a season two. I did get kind of sucked into it after our girl Lucy started getting a clue. This show has to be one of the most bizarre shows I have ever seen!

• Informative
I'm mostly through Episode 2 of Rebel Moon.
I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it because of some of the reviews I read.

There are some issues with it but I'm trying to overlook them in real time and just enjoy it.

However....

it does look like a Star Wars wannabe. Although that is excusable. When it was just a script it was being pitched to Lucas as a Star Wars episode.

Also it's Seven Samurai in Space. Although that is a great story it has been done over and over again. Plus it doesn't really work. How can a Galactic Empire be dependent on the food from a small farming village.

And the show if full of tropes and cliches. I don't want to ruin it by over-analyzing it but I wonder if there is any element in it that is original or unique.

I'm mostly through Episode 2 of Rebel Moon.
I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it because of some of the reviews I read.

There are some issues with it but I'm trying to overlook them in real time and just enjoy it.

However....

it does look like a Star Wars wannabe. Although that is excusable. When it was just a script it was being pitched to Lucas as a Star Wars episode.

Also it's Seven Samurai in Space. Although that is a great story it has been done over and over again. Plus it doesn't really work. How can a Galactic Empire be dependent on the food from a small farming village.

And the show if full of tropes and cliches. I don't want to ruin it by over-analyzing it but I wonder if there is any element in it that is original or unique.

my honey saw it on Netflix and all things space appeal to him so he wanted to watch and he had never watched the original so he started watching that and will likely finish it, it doesn't appeal to me so I just happily read...

we watched another Elsbeth last night

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou