TV & Film The TV Room

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
For general discussion of television programming at its finest - and not so finest.

I know Jenn and I have been looking forward to a new Gordon Ramsey series on FOX called Hotel Hell. It was supposed to premiere on June 4, but the start date got pushed back to August. So we will have to wait a couple more months to see it.

New premiere date: Monday, August 13 at 9 P/E and presumably 8 C. The second episode will air Tuesday, August 14 at 9 P/E and presumably 8 C. The series will air on Mondays at 9 P/E and presumably 8 C thereafter.

I've been enjoying and learning a little from the new series, Dogs In the City. And I still like, The Big Bang Theory.

I think that the best show currently on TV is Justified. I keep mentioning it because so far I have yet to meet anyone else who is watching it. :p It's based on a short story and characters created by Elmore Leonard. A U.S. marshall who has one too many justified shootings under his belt is re-assigned to the area of Appalachia where he grew up. The bad guys as well as the good guys are all richly drawn characters. I really can't say enough good things about this show.

I got rid of TV when my ex moved out, so the only watching I do is what's available online. I've just started watching Longmire on A&E. A sheriff in Montana who is just now slowly coming out of the funk he's been in since the death of his wife. Lou Diamond Phillips plays the best friend, the actress who was Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica is one of the deputies. I've only seen the first show, but really like what I've seen.

I had stayed away from The Good Wife because the premise didn't appeal to me, but my best friend continued to rave to me about the show, so I started watching it last fall. I liked it enough to catch up on the first two seasons by checking them out of the library.

Modern Family, Community, and Parenthood are my other favorites of those currently on TV.

The current shows I am keeping up with are on hiatus:
The Walking Dead
Grey's Anatomy
Castle
Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
The Closer is coming back soon with its final 6 episodes
Falling Skies is also coming back for the second season, I think on June 17th.
I occasionally catch an episode of The Mentalist and Blue Bloods, but I really haven't kept up with them like I've wanted to.

Sons of Anarchy and Falling Skies are the only two that I've kept up with from the beginning. Everything else was watched online so I could catch up to where they are now; except for The Closer since that's on TNT a lot.

I started with Justified, Sons of Anarchy and Blue Bloods but I lost interest.

I like Game of Thrones, Castle, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Grimm and Once Upon a Time.

I'm going to watch True Blood tonight and I'm currently watching old episodes of The Bold and the Beautiful. I also watch terrible things like The Real Housewives shows.:p

I'm anxiously awaiting the return of The Walking Dead and American Horror Story. Until then I've been catching reruns of Big Bang, Modern Family, Community, Parks & Rec and How I Met Your Mother (although it annoys me).

I started with Justified, Sons of Anarchy and Blue Bloods but I lost interest.

I like Game of Thrones, Castle, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Grimm and Once Upon a Time.

I'm going to watch True Blood tonight and I'm currently watching old episodes of The Bold and the Beautiful. I also watch terrible things like The Real Housewives shows.:p
I LOVE RHOC. Did you know Brianna is pregnant?

I keep hearing about How I MEt Your MOther but I've tried watching it and I just can't get into it.

My current favs are 2 Broke Girl$
I love the humour and Max is a great character. I like her spirit.

The Ricky Gervias show on e4. Or should it be called the Karl Pilkington show...seriously that guy is so funny. I love him!

Next Great Artist on skyarts...Its so much more interesting then 'Next top Model' type shows. These people have talent! Im gutted there isnt(or hasnt been yet) a 3rd series.

My current favs are 2 Broke Girl$
I love the humour and Max is a great character. I like her spirit.

I loved this show but I started to find myself offended by some of the jokes. I don't know if I'm just overly sensitive regarding certain topics, but
the rape jokes, self injury, and eating disorder
were really starting to bother me. I tried just ignoring them at first, but they seem to continue.:(

Hmmm. We are always behind in the UK....the episode where they make cupcakes for Johnnys art show was just on so perhaps those jokes are still to come, or Ive missed them..

I tried watching two broke girls but that fake laughter drives me NUTS!! I have a hard time watching sitcoms because of that.

For general discussion of television programming at its finest - and not so finest.

I know Jenn and I have been looking forward to a new Gordon Ramsey series on FOX called Hotel Hell. It was supposed to premiere on June 4, but the start date got pushed back to August. So we will have to wait a couple more months to see it.

New premiere date: Monday, August 13 at 9 P/E and presumably 8 C. The second episode will air Tuesday, August 14 at 9 P/E and presumably 8 C. The series will air on Mondays at 9 P/E and presumably 8 C thereafter.

hey Amy,

thankies for the heads up on this I was wondering what happened....

peace:)

Airing tonight at 9 PM on HBO: One Nation Under Dog: Stories of Fear, Loss and Betrayal

This new documentary looks at the sobering realities behind America's obsesson with dogs, including the millions of unwanted shelter dogs.

Probably will watch it, but not looking forward to the inevitable sadness I expect to see. :(

Reactions: FlandersOD and Lou