TV & Film The TV Room

Yep, I agree with you @Lou on all of the inconsistency... I have never seen Medium or Ghost Whisperer... I won’t watch anything with much violence...ghosts and vampires are ok as long as it doesn’t get too rough...
Medium and Ghost Whisper are both shows that can easily be seen as reruns on Daytime tv channels. I think part of the attraction was that they were on at times that I just wanted something to watch.

There isn't much violence or scary stuff on either show. Although in Medium there is a lot of crime solving going on. The Medium is a middle aged suburban mom with three kids. so not something you see a lot on tv. the Ghost Whisper was more mainstream - a good looking swf.

But both actresses were pretty good.

I did watch multiple episodes of each.

I just checked my TV guide and both the Ghost Whisperer and the Medium are rerun on tv everyday.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and 1956
Medium and Ghost Whisper are both shows that can easily be seen as reruns on Daytime tv channels. I think part of the attraction was that they were on at times that I just wanted something to watch.

There isn't much violence or scary stuff on either show. Although in Medium there is a lot of crime solving going on. The Medium is a middle aged suburban mom with three kids. so not something you see a lot on tv. the Ghost Whisper was more mainstream - a good looking swf.

But both actresses were pretty good.

I did watch multiple episodes of each.

I just checked my TV guide and both the Ghost Whisperer and the Medium are rerun on tv everyday.
I’ll have a look and see if they are on over here, don’t remember seeing them listed but, I don’t always look at what is on all of the channels...Most of the series on TV are from the USA or UK , Irish shows are often talk shows or reality tv type...

Reactions: Lou
I used to love Medium. I thought it could be very scary at times. The acting was fantastic by all the main characters.

We have started watching Slasher on Netflix the past couple of nights. Slasher (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

We finished Stranger Things series 3 and Netflix is now recommending me a show called Behind Her Eyes but I read some dodgy reviews of it so I probably won't bother.

• Friendly
Actually, I was intrigued about why the reviews of that Behind Her Eyes show were so bad and I just read the spoilers about the finale. OMG, it's based on a book I read a few years ago and I thought the "twist" was really silly. I'm definitely not watching that!

• Informative
started watching New Amsterdam on netflix last night - wow, we love it and the great news is that they are starting a Season 3 that will be out starting March 2nd - yayyy something to binge and then to watch weekly

Max, is from Blacklist, which we also love so it is like seeing an old friend and they have lots of known entities on individual episodes like the Borg Queen and Dr Flox from Star trek.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we are now close to the end of the first season of New Amsterdam and I am even more impressed - they take on social issues that are rarely discussed on TV shows and show the inequities in life emphasizing those in the US health care system

it is quite barbaric and for those of us living in a country where our health care is included in our taxes, it is almost unbelievable

on one of the shows we watched last night, a couple made the decision (after much agonizing) to divorce so that the mom would qualify for Medicare (or Medicaid, sorry I don't know the difference) so that her son's need for $9000 per month anti-organ-rejection-drugs would be covered, just so many things wrong with that scenario and makes my heart sad

Emma JC

Reactions: 1956 and Lou
So every year for decades, I’d sit down to watch the broadcast of every entertainment industry award show, because when you live in Los Angeles, that’s what you do. For at least a couple of decades, I’d watch the Golden Globes awards. Every awards show, I’d be waiting excitedly. I’d have the TV on all day and tuned to the appropriate network, and watch the red carpet preshow. I’d turn off my phone. I’d have the list of nominees and be totally invested in their potential win. But this year...things are different. I’m feeling a bit of indifference and ennui about industry awards shows. I’ve barely watched whatever is nominated, although that’s always been normal. Perhaps it’s because they’re not being staged normally this year, but mainly virtual, which sucks a LOT of excitement and energy out of the entire thing. How can you get all juiced up for the nominees when they’re watching at home with the rest of us, looking like they’re just about to run into the kitchen to grab the popcorn from the microwave? I knew the Golden Globes is on today, knew what the start time would be, knew who was hosting (Tina Fey and Amy Poehler), but didn’t know the network and ended up missing the first five minutes, a sacrilege in earlier times. So I tuned in, and while I usually LOVE Tina and Amy together, their jokes were SO terrible, my first thought was, “Who wrote those awful jokes, Ted Cruz?” So I did something unthinkable and totally uncharacteristic for me: I changed the channel. I can find out who the winners are later. I just don’t have the desire to sit through crappy jokes and winners sitting at home thanking their costars and everyone who lost like they’re reading a book report for school. I think once the shows go back to normal, I’ll watch again, but right now, I just can’t deal.

Whew, got that out of my system.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
so years late to the party, we decided to start watching Longmire last night - way too many guns, for my liking, but the story lines are interesting and characters are interesting

Emma JC

Headspace Guide To Meditation is now my favourite series. Rarely series are of any actual use, but this is extremely useful.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven and 1956
I recorded Chris Packham’s Animal Einsteins it’s on BBC 2 on Sundays there have been 2 episodes so far.
Wasn’t sure that I would want to watch it because sometimes nature programs about animal intelligence
are too focused on animals doing tricks. Yes, there is a bit of that. However, the way that Chris presents the show
the emphasis is on the Animal. My hope is that non Vegans will take away from it a deeper understanding of animals.
Chris Packham is a nature and wildlife presenter on the BBC he has also made a program about the fact that he is autistic,
and Best of All he is a Vegan!

started watching Coroner last night - enjoying it so far (3 episodes in) and the fact that it is set in Toronto is also nice

Emma JC
I watched the whole thing. Again I don't really understand my tastes in TV shows anymore. Why do I like shows where the main character is an ME. Although it might have something to do with the actresses that they cast as MEs . I.e. Tru Calling, iZombie, Crossing Jordan. ( I never did get past a few episodes or Crossing Jordan)

I liked it in the beginning too but lost interest by the end. Not sure if there is going to be another season. Pretty sure I won't watch it.

I have mixed feelings about the diverstity of the cast and characters. I applaud it but It seemed a little forced. I could just about imagine the show runner getting together with the casting people and writers going. Ok can you make that character black, that character could be gay. how about a single mother? and we need a lesbian, how about a single mother who is also a lesbian?

Another thing that I did like about the show was the issues they dealt with. They didn't shy away from any. Oh, wait. Just imagined the show runner again. Ok let's give that one dementia, and this one PTSD.

On another note, the black detective seems to be a cast member or at least a guest star in every tv show that comes out of Canada. Not complaining. Just an observation.

• Friendly
there is a third season of Coroner, it is currently playing on CBC and it can be watched on GEM which is their app - not sure if you can download the app outside of Canada, it is free and you can watch older shows for quite a while

Emma JC

there is a third season of Coroner, it is currently playing on CBC and it can be watched on GEM which is their app - not sure if you can download the app outside of Canada, it is free and you can watch older shows for quite a while

Emma JC

Oh, I see. I hadn't realized I was into Season 2. The seasons are short. Just 8 in S1.
I saw all the episodes that were available. After Season 2 episode 4, there aren't any more shows available to me. do you have them in Canada?

Oh, I see. I hadn't realized I was into Season 2. The seasons are short. Just 8 in S1.
I saw all the episodes that were available. After Season 2 episode 4, there aren't any more shows available to me. do you have them in Canada?

yes, the full two seasons are available on Netflix

Emma JC

yes, the full two seasons are available on Netflix

Emma JC
We don't have It on Netflix down here. The first two seasons are on the CW. I'm guessing that maybe the CW didn't buy the third season from the CBC.
Let me know if the third season is any good. I had pretty much lost interest by the end of season 2.