TV & Film The TV Room

we watched Blue Miracle which just came out on Netflix - it was good as a story, it is about fishing for marlin though so that part sucked, Dennis Quaid is one of the main characters and it is based on a true story

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I finally finished Shadow and Bone on Netflix.

7.5 out of 10

The story seemed to overly complicated. And maybe a bit hard to understand or follow.
I did like for the most part the character development.
At the end it set up a sequel.
I think I will watch the sequel if it comes out.

The tv show is based on a YA book which is part of series of books. So we may end up with more than one season of the show.

Reactions: Emma JC
I just finished Netflix's Sweet Tooth

I will try to be spoiler free. the stuff I reveal here is probably just stuff you could get from the trailer.

I don't think I liked it that much as first.
One of the things I didn't like about it at first was that I had problems with the little boy. My opinion of him was that he was a disobedient little snot, prone to tantrums, and generally annoying. But he was ten. and that might just be typical of ten year olds.

I was also kept finding issues with some of the background science. For instance where were all the animals? Most of the people died from the pandemic, and we sort of knew that at least some species were immune. but I felt there should have been more animals. Another thing was the little town that was portrayed had electricity. After ten years you would have thought the power grid would have collapsed. Anyway, there were lots of little things like that that bugged me.

Maybe the thing that bugged me the most is that the hybrids are all children and the bad guys were out to exterminate or experiment on them. Not that I found that unrealistic. just very disturbing and upsetting.

There were lots of things I did like about it. I liked the pacing. I also liked how in each epsiode among all the character development and plot advancement they revealed a little of the backstory. Mostly the backstory was revealed with flashbacks - which I don't like that much as a story telling device. but they were conservative with the use of the flashback.

The icing on the cake for me came in episode 7.
Richard Fox uses a line from a Grateful Dead song. I then asked myself, wait, did he just recite a line from Trucking? and then Birdie says something like, did you just recite a line from Trucking?

So far there is not an announcement for a season 2.
But the way they ended Season one -it would be criminal not to have a season 2.
but Netflix has cancelled popular shows before. I will never forgive them for cancelling OA, Sense8, and Teenage Bounty Hunters too soon. so here is keeping my fingers crossed.

I have been watching Anne with an E and enjoying it. I got to the beginning of Season 2 and put it on hold.
Either the bad stuff that keeps happening to people has ramped up or maybe I'm just more sensitive to it now.
Right now the foreshadowing is pretty strong. Beware the Under Toad. I decided I needed to take a break.

My nephew gave me a very strong recommendation for Manifest. It is trending high on Netflix. I read a little about it and went into it with a lot of trepidation. Seven seasons of watching Lost has made me leery of shows with inexplicable premises.

Started watching last night and I'm sold.

I loved Anne with an E. I’m not sure where I left off. I think I saw two seasons and liked the first season a lot but lost interest after that. I may rewatch season two.
I couldn’t get into manifest fir some reason. May try that again at some point too.
Right now I’m watching Alone. I’m on season two.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I have been watching Anne with an E and enjoying it. I got to the beginning of Season 2 and put it on hold.
Either the bad stuff that keeps happening to people has ramped up or maybe I'm just more sensitive to it now.
Right now the foreshadowing is pretty strong. Beware the Under Toad. I decided I needed to take a break.

My nephew gave me a very strong recommendation for Manifest. It is trending high on Netflix. I read a little about it and went into it with a lot of trepidation. Seven seasons of watching Lost has made me leery of shows with inexplicable premises.

Started watching last night and I'm sold.

we are also watching Manifest - started it a week or two again and stopped after Episode One, then when Anne with an E was finished we tried to watch BlindSpot but just too much angst so back to Manifest

hang in there with Anne...

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
we are also watching Manifest - started it a week or two again and stopped after Episode One, then when Anne with an E was finished we tried to watch BlindSpot but just too much angst so back to Manifest

hang in there with Anne...

Emma JC
I watched the first season of Blind Spot when it was new. I liked it too. But half of what I liked was just Jaime Alexander. I kind of lost interest in it sometime during season 2.

Have you ever seen In The Dark, Its on Netflix now too. I watched the first season when it was new, too. The second season is on Netflix now too. I watched the s2e1 but I didn't like where it was going. I should check it out again.

Have you ever seen In The Dark, Its on Netflix now too. I watched the first season when it was new, too. The second season is on Netflix now too. I watched the s2e1 but I didn't like where it was going. I should check it out again.

no, haven't watched The Dark - I really wish that Manifest had been a movie as I am getting tired of waiting to find out why and how and what's really going on.... I'm not sure I am going to make it past Season 1 and I see that there is a season 3 and season 4 was cancelled, so will we ever really find out or is this a waste of time?

Emma JC

no, haven't watched The Dark - I really wish that Manifest had been a movie as I am getting tired of waiting to find out why and how and what's really going on.... I'm not sure I am going to make it past Season 1 and I see that there is a season 3 and season 4 was cancelled, so will we ever really find out or is this a waste of time?

Emma JC
Not The Dark. but In The Dark.
In the Dark is a straight up Murder Mystery. It would very neatly fall into the subgenre of the "amateur detective". and the amateur detective is a very unlikable blind woman. But her dog makes up for it. At the end of season one the murder is solved.
Like I said I started season 2 but couldn't get into it. but maybe I will try again. I may have not given it enough of a chance.

I have been binge watching Manifest. Although I was gun shy at first, (the Lost comparisons are just so easy to make), you might say that I am managing my expectations. I'm not really expecting all the mysteries to be resolved. In fact, I'm not sure I even expect to find out what happened to the plane, but I've been enjoying in nonetheless.

I'm half way thru the first season and it looks like they are changing gears. which might be a cool way to keep the audience's interest up. but I almost expect that change ups can't maintain the story for so many episodes.

Just finished the third season of Manifest.
First two seasons are on Netflix. the third season I had to watch On Demand, so it had commercials.

I thought the first season was very good. the second season was alright. the third season was a little tedious.
My opinion could have been colored because I know there was a fourth season planned but it got canceled.
so yeah, the third season leaves the whole thing in the air. However, I can't see how they could ever come up with a good resolution anyway.

Reactions: Second Summer
last night we watched Blinded by the Light, on Netflix, and it was so good! my honey had some tears.... the music is great and the story is good

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Last night I finished The Bureau of Magical Things on Netflix. Twenty 30-minute episodes.
Kind of a dumbed down, cheesy, low budget Harry Potter kind of story. But the episodes are very light and cheery. Its filmed in Australia and there isn't that much scenery but I really liked what I saw. And most of the characters are cute young girls - so in my book that is a plus.

I watched a lot of the episodes while eating lunch. I actually like watching tv during lunch but most of the time the tv shows I watch aren't particularly conducive to digestion.

We have been watching Atypical on Netflix and we absolutely love it - it is a bit wacky but ultimately funny and endearing and educational as it is about an 18 year old boy with autism and his struggles and those of his family and friends.

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou