TV & Film The TV Room

I loved the Perry Mason.
We are big horror junkies. I like the lovecraft country show a lot.
We also cut back cable. We have the streaming and I had to get HBOmax. It includes DC. We binged the Doom patrol. And I got into the Harley carton. The HBO max I am getting for like 12 a month. It was cutting back a hundred dollars a month.

Cable just got too expensive. So since we got used to having the chord cut when we moved to my SIL’s for three months, we decided to try to do without once we moved to the new house. We did just internet and Netflix and Hulu but now that the Fall/Holiday season is upon us I needed something more. Sling is working out well. I’m still hoping I can drop it come January and that I won’t be too attached to it.

Oh, I thought some of the people from the US on here would have watched it as it was about politics.

I'm about to watch the second half. :)

I had planned to but I read ONE bad review of it and decided to skip it. Please tell us how you like it.

I found it very entertaining and I thought the acting was excellent but to be honest I thought it was so anti-Trump. I am not a fan of his (obviously) but I thought it made him into a caricature villain.

Tell me what you think if you watch it. :)

It was entertaining and a very good cast. Worth watching.

I had forgotten about Shudder, I am going to sign up for that channel today.

I'm watching Cursed on Netflix. It's a re-telling of the Arthurian legends. Normally I just hate when the screenwriters use a story or character that is iconic and then modify it extremely. I mean if you want to mess around with Sherlock Homes just choose a different name. But I don't mind this story that much. I keep telling myself that are so many versions of Arthur in literature that this version may just be using one I don't know.

I just finished the Haunting of Bly Manor. I’m in Halloween mode. 🙃 it got some bad reviews because people were comparing it to the haunting of hill house. I didn’t see any connection but it’s been a while since I saw Hill house and I probably just don’t remember it. I thought Bly Manor was good. It definitely had some slow moments but the last three episodes were very entertaining.

I just finished the Queen's Gambit on Netflix.
Wow. It was good.
Music, sets, wardrobes, script, cinematography, acting, All get high marks.

Reactions: Emma JC
I found it very entertaining and I thought the acting was excellent but to be honest I thought it was so anti-Trump. I am not a fan of his (obviously) but I thought it made him into a caricature villain.

Tell me what you think if you watch it. :)

He’s not a caricature villain.

He’s the real thing.

I just finished the Queen's Gambit on Netflix.
Wow. It was good.
Music, sets, wardrobes, script, cinematography, acting, All get high marks.

yes, it was excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed it

I can't decide if I would like to see another season or if that would defeat the purpose.

Emma JC

yes, it was excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed it

I can't decide if I would like to see another season or if that would defeat the purpose.

Emma JC
This just in. There is no season 2 planned. There never was. the story is finished. ( it was based on a book - may want to read the book now).

but I already miss Beth. :(

Just spotted his picture. OMG it's perfect.

the-queens-gambit-poster-1037x1536.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
we watched another new video on Netflix - Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb - it was very interesting and educational too

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: Lou