TV & Film The TV Room

Finished Teenage Bounty Hunters last night. The last 2 or 3 episodes of Teenage Bounty Hunters werre pretty exciting. Lots of LOLs, (teen) drama, action, and plot twists.

I know my taste in TV shows is a little quirky but it did score in the high 80s on Rotten Tomatoes. So I feel pretty safe recommending it. According to RT, "Teenage Bounty Hunters has snappy one-liners and style to spare, and though its peculiar premise at times fizzles, it's held together by Maddie Phillips and Anjelica Bette Fellini's killer chemistry."

It resolved most of the plot threads in the last episode but the writers left room for a second season.

The show is set in Atlanta and I had read somewhere that Georgia has the biggest film industry in the US. The show even has a little nod to that. In one episode the bounty hunters catch a skip at the Tyler Perry Studios.

Reactions: Chryssie
Since I don't have cable or Netflix, I watch what is available "over the air." There is a channel called Comet that shows sci-fi type shows. I am enjoying watching old "Night Gallery" and "Outer Limits." Yesterday they showed something called "Ray Bradbury Theater" with Mr. Bradbury himself hosting. I don't remember ever watching this show though I did watch the others years ago. I also watch a channel called H&I (Heroes and Icons) which shows all the Star Treks.

Reactions: Lou
Umbrella Academy - Season 2. Netflix.

Just watching one episode a night to make it last. I loved season one and season 2 seems to be even better.
Besides some great writing, the cinematography is world-class. and I love the soundtrack.
Cannot wait to start this. I loved season one too! But we need to finish The Sinner season 3 first...it takes us ages to get through things.

Since I don't have cable or Netflix, I watch what is available "over the air." There is a channel called Comet that shows sci-fi type shows. I am enjoying watching old "Night Gallery" and "Outer Limits." Yesterday they showed something called "Ray Bradbury Theater" with Mr. Bradbury himself hosting. I don't remember ever watching this show though I did watch the others years ago. I also watch a channel called H&I (Heroes and Icons) which shows all the Star Treks.

I'm like the opposite. After the broadcasting went digital I got a digital antenna and only got 3 channels. Two of them weren't in English. My apartment has a lot of steel in it and my windows are facing the wrong way for digital TV. ) Since then I have relied on watching TV on my computer. I have a very old Apple TV box and it has the Netflix app so i can watch Netflix on my TV. The main disadvantage is I hadn't been able to wach any local sports. I'd go across the street to the Mexican restaurant for Niner games.

This year I got a Roku and YouTube TV. ( I split the cost of YouTube TV with my sister. I already piggy backed on her Netflix account. both services allow you to share your membership). YouTube TV has ( I think) all the basic cable channels. The Roku allows me to add channels, too. I may try and add Comet.

On the CW and the Toronto front, we now have the show The Coroner coming up

So I just caught up with all the episodes. Nothing great but not bad. There are some interesting threads interwoven in the story. I'll keep watching.

The show co-stars Roger Cross. He seems to have at least a guest role in every show that comes out of Canada. I have seen him in Dark Matter, Continuum, and iZombie.

A Canadian once told me that there were only 12 actors in Canada and that is why you keep seeing the same ones over and over. Like Hiro Kanagawa who has been in iZombie, Continuum, and Dark Matter.

I added Comet to my Roku channels. but its just live streaming - I can't DVR it.

I was using the word DVR as the abiltiy to watch stuff later and pause, play, FF and RW.
The YouTube TV app doesn't actually have a DVR. It sort of works like other streaming services. but i think of that ability as DVR.

• Informative
So I just caught up with all the episodes. Nothing great but not bad. There are some interesting threads interwoven in the story. I'll keep watching.

The show co-stars Roger Cross. He seems to have at least a guest role in every show that comes out of Canada. I have seen him in Dark Matter, Continuum, and iZombie.

A Canadian once told me that there were only 12 actors in Canada and that is why you keep seeing the same ones over and over. Like Hiro Kanagawa who has been in iZombie, Continuum, and Dark Matter.

Watching Murdoch Mysteries will change your mind on the 12 actors bit.... almost every actor on the show, regular and guest appearances, are Canadian.

Emma JC

Watching Murdoch Mysteries will change your mind on the 12 actors bit.... almost every actor on the show, regular and guest appearances, are Canadian.

Emma JC

The 12 actors thing is sort of a joke. but... if you watch some of the older Canadian TV shows, especially in the Sci Fi or crime genres you do see a lot of the same actors over and over again. I think it is probably something to do with the showrunners or casting. If they have someone they like they might like to use them wherever they are.

and Roger Cross, although Canadian, is not only on every Canadian show, he is in a lot of American shows too. although like iZombie, a lot of American shows are shot in Canada nowadays.

Reactions: Emma JC
Saw this article this morning and I thought I would post it here.
the article is a little late to the party being the show ended over a year ago. and yes the show did imply that the future was vegan. Some of the travellers remained vegan in the present, too.

Oh, BTW, the show is really good, too.