TV & Film The TV Room

I just started watching Lucky Dog. Seven seasons...should keep me going for awhile. šŸ˜

Reactions: Val
Today I learned that ....
Bones is a real person.

I put a few of her books on hold at the library. All the e-books have a waiting list. And for now, the library is closed although it might open with curbside checkout soon.

I think I'll watch some of the TV shows. I've watched bits and pieces of them before and it never really appealed to me. I'll give it a second chance. I do remember that eye candy was pretty good.

I've been really enjoying Stargirl. It's based on a real comic (which I know nothing about). But as far as TV goes, it's premise is perfect for TV comic stuff. Although it takes place in the present, there are important connections with the previous generation of superheroes. Not sure if the math really works out but these guys may have been in DCs "golden age" of comics. So they all are sort of familiar. The present superheroes are all teens so it really fits into the CW demographic. Also in most of these kinds of stories, if the main characters did the smart thing the crisis would be resolved in 5 minutes (don't go in the basement). But they're are teens. So they very reliably don't make smart moves. Plus besides the superhero stuff there are some pretty good plot threads about family. they also try to work in some relevance to present issues in each episode. For instance there was a little bit about bullying.

I just watched Season 5 of Grantchester. I liked it and didn't like at the same time. I can't put my finger on it. I might have to rewatch. :D

• Informative
Reactions: Val
Today I learned that ....
Bones is a real person.

I put a few of her books on hold at the library. All the e-books have a waiting list. And for now, the library is closed although it might open with curbside checkout soon.

I think I'll watch some of the TV shows. I've watched bits and pieces of them before and it never really appealed to me. I'll give it a second chance. I do remember that eye candy was pretty good.

Yes, I read a lot of her books.

Yes, I read a lot of her books.

I just got her first novel out of the library.

I did go back and watch an episode of the TV show. And it didn't appeal to me. I did like Castle a lot and the show has a lot of similarities. But I don't think I'll watch anymore Bones.

Reactions: Raven
I loved Castle!:)

ETA - I don't like Bones either, even though it has Angel from Buffy in the show! I think the books are quite interesting.

I loved Castle!:)

ETA - I don't like Bones either, even though it has Angel from Buffy in the show! I think the books are quite interesting.
I might have to try the books. I watched Bones a couple of times and didn't like it, either.

I might have to try the books. I watched Bones a couple of times and didn't like it, either.

I know, it's weird as lots of people love it. The lead actress Emily Deschanel is vegan in real life too.

I know, it's weird as lots of people love it. The lead actress Emily Deschanel is vegan in real life too.
Yep, very cool. One of my friends raved about the show, and as we have similar tastes, I thought I would enjoy it.

One YouTuber that I follow, Samantha Aimee, made a video about this Netflix series called She-Ra And The Princess of Power. I have been avoiding the series, because it seemed agonizingly boring, but after Samantha shared her notions, I got mildly interested.
I do like watching animations (actually prefer those over live action), and have gone through MLP Friendship is Magic, Hilda, Little Witch Academia and Card Captor Sakura. Those all were freaking awesome.
So... now I have been watching She-Ra and I actually like it. Isn't my favourite (yet), but not bad either.

"You know, I've never relaxed in my life."
-She-Ra season 1, episode 7

Last edited by a moderator:
One YouTuber that I follow, Samantha Aimee, made a video about this Netflix series called She-Ra and the Princess of Power. I have been avoiding the series, because it seemed agonizingly boring, but after Samantha sharing her notions, I got mildly interested.
I do like watching animations (actually prefer those over live action), and have gone through MLP Friendship is Magic, Hilda, Little With Academia and Card Captor Sakura. Those all were freaking awesome.
So... now I have been watching She-Ra and I actually like it. Isn't my favourite (yet), but not bad either.

"You know, I've never relaxed in my life."
-She-Ra season 1, episode 7

I like Animations, too. of those you listed the only one I've seen was Hilda - and I loved it. as far as TV series go, I also really liked Rilakkuma & Kaoru.

There are lots of good animated movies I like but those have to go in a different thread.
:)

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I like Animations, too. of those you listed the only one I've seen was Hilda - and I loved it. as far as TV series go, I also really liked Rilakkuma & Kaoru.

There are lots of good animated movies I like but those have to go in a different thread.
I forgot Rilakkuma and Kaoru! That was freaking epic!
Thus far, I have watched Hilda five times...

Your taste in animated movies is great, as far as I know. :)

I have also been watching the 1990 Moomin. It's one of my favourite series.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Raven

I'd highly recommend Little Witch Academia. The characters have depth, there is good humour and the art is beautiful.

Funny thing about Bones, I tuned into the pilot episode when it first aired, and couldnā€™t finish it, I thought it was boring. Flash forward a few seasons, and I was watching another Fox series, Fringe. The network moved the series to a different time slot right after Bones, and I decided to tune in early so I wouldnā€™t miss the beginning of Fringe. So I watched the last ten minutes of whatever Bones episode was airing that first week. Then in the following weeks Iā€™d tune in five minutes earlier, and then five minutes earlier, and then I said what the hell why not? and watched the next episode from the beginning. And thatā€™s how I got hooked on Bones and watched it until it ended production.

I soon got tired of Fringe and skipped the last season or two.

And while Bones was still airing, I found some of Kathy Reichsā€™ books in the drugstore, read a couple of pages of each, and wasnā€™t impressed with her writing. šŸ¤£

Reactions: KLS52
I havenā€™t been watching much TV lately, mainly the late night talk shows with Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers because of their take on Trump, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on HBO for the same reason. Thatā€™s whatā€™s keeping me sane right now. Iā€™m also allowing myself to be distracted by YouTube videos.

Plus reruns of M*A*S*H and The Twilight Zone because Iā€™ve never stopped loving those shows.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15