TV & Film The TV Room

Recently started to watch “Electric Dreams” on Amazon Prime, a Sci-Fi series inspired by the stories of Phillip K. Dick. Very good and some episodes with very well known actors like Bryan Cranston, Steve Buscemi, Liam Cunningham or Janelle Monae.
I will have to check that out. I'm still waiting for Amazon's second season of "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan." I just rewatched the first season last week. I've also started "Grantchester." James Norton is leaving his role as Sydney Chambers, so I'm curious to see how the new actor will be in the role. I'm not sure I liked the way Sydney's exit was written, but at least they did something. I guess Norton has a lot of irons in the fire with "McMafia" and some stage work. I'd love to see him on stage. He's a decent actor.

Only one more episode of Jane the virgin. The name made me not want to watch it, but a couple years ago, I binged and was hooked. Cute and quirky

Reactions: Val

Whew. Fortunately I subscribe to CBS All Access, so I’ve been watching stuff on the app. I never thought I’d be happy to have to pay extra to see something I was paying for anyway. They offer DirecTV here as part of our room and board, but the package doesn’t include premium channels (although some residents have been asking for certain ones) or DVR service, so I signed up for my own package and pay for it separately.

I was very disappointed in the Beverly Hills 90210 "reboot." I was expecting a continuation (with time jump) of the character's stories. What we got was a stupid reality show about the actors having a reunion and planning the "reboot." I don't care about the actors; I want my old friends back!

We watched the first episode of The Boys yesterday. I'm not sure it's a particularly good or descriptive title, but besides that it was both entertaining and interesting. So far it appears to be about a league of superheroes who are "human, all too human" with regards to ethical considerations, and about two non-superhero guys who decide to put a stopper to their many transgressions.

We watched the first episode of The Boys yesterday. I'm not sure it's a particularly good or descriptive title, but besides that it was both entertaining and interesting. So far it appears to be about a league of superheroes who are "human, all too human" with regards to ethical considerations, and about two non-superhero guys who decide to put a stopper to their many transgressions.
Only one episode left! This has been really quite good. Does anyone remember Watchmen? The concept here is somewhat similar.

Watching Lark Rise to Candleford and noticed a character that looked familiar. It’s Linda Bassett. She’s also on Call the Midwife. I like her.

I am watching American football! First full day of the season. My team plays tonight, so I can chill and watch two games before my team plays. :)

I watch TV while I walk on the treadmill. My bedroom TV is internet only so I watch a free streaming service called Crackle. I just watched 2 seasons of "Bewitched" which was all they had available. Such a cute, silly show! Today I started watching "3rd Rock from the Sun". I remember watching that one back in the 90's! A fun show with great actors!

We're watching the latest season of Stranger Things. It's entertaining enough. I'm not really a fan of the gore and darkness of it, but the characters and the 80s aesthetics are nice.

I'm also watching Disenchantment, which is obviously much more light-hearted, and I love the animations/artwork, the characters and the humour. Really well done.

I watched 'Good Omens' which was enjoyable however I did find the ending a bit anticlimactic.

We're now watching 'The Boys' which is awesome & a different take on the superhero trend.

I watched 'Good Omens' which was enjoyable however I did find the ending a bit anticlimactic.

We're now watching 'The Boys' which is awesome & a different take on the superhero trend.
What an interesting word... "Anticlimactic"...🤔 Hhmmm, i'll memorize it, as it's a common problem of contemporary art, including music and cinema.😁