TV & Film The TV Room

We absolutely loved 'The Boys' - amazing. A different take on the superhero trend.

Now we're catching up with season 5 of Peaky Blinders - personally I think they should wrap this up soon before people lose interest & its ruined.

We've been watching Cobra Kai on YT Premium recently - season 1 and season 2! It was quite good, I thought! It's about Karate Kid and his main antagonist as grown-up men.

Towards the end some of the dialogue got a little bit predictable (but in an entertaining, funny way!) for Mrs Summer - she's very jaded when it comes to TV and films :) Anyway, we're eagerly awaiting season 3, but it won't be out until next year!

Reactions: Val
Watching a documentary "Te tiriti o Waitangi" ("The treaty of Waitangi"). It's about how New Zealand was colonized. Well narrated, fantastic views and outstanding footages. As i take it, it's a relatively new documentary. Have you seen it yet, @blues ? What do you think about it? (I understand that it must be more interesting for foreigners, for those who's not familiar with the history and the culture, but still)... Anyway, i'm glad i found it,- because i started looking for the info about Aotearoa islands🌺 (i hear it very often on the radio: i heard about that place about an hour ago, while having a walk!).

Reactions: PTree15 and Blues
Watching a documentary "Te tiriti o Waitangi" ("The treaty of Waitangi"). It's about how New Zealand was colonized. Well narrated, fantastic views and outstanding footages. As i take it, it's a relatively new documentary. Have you seen it yet, @blues ? What do you think about it? (I understand that it must be more interesting for foreigners, for those who's not familiar with the history and the culture, but still)... Anyway, i'm glad i found it,- because i started looking for the info about Aotearoa islands🌺 (i hear it very often on the radio: i heard about that place about an hour ago, while having a walk!).

I just watched it thanks Val, it's a broad take from colonization up until today. The Treaty of Waitangi Act 1975 was a pivotal point for Maori to start the process of legally settling land/cultural grievances. Mainly in the form of land, cash payments or in some cases an apologie from the crown for past actions.

I have more than once thought through where we would be as a country if "The Treaty of Waitangi" didn't fall apart.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I binge-watched Season 2 of Jack Ryan. It was pretty good, but I think I like the first season better. This one had more action and less character development than the first season. And I was disappointed in the absence of what I considered a key character. It was still good, though. It had a lot of Spanish, so I didn't have to read the subtitles nearly as much as I did last season, which had a lot of Arabic.

Reactions: Val and Raven
I have been binge watching "The Mandalorian" all day today. What a cool show! I love it! I have watched all but episode 8 (the last one). I couldn't find a stream of that one on Kodi. I will try tomorrow. I have several TV series to binge watch since I have lots of time now.

I am watching an old episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on free TV. I used to watch this show all the time with my friend Chris, and when I came across it just a little while ago, I got teary. I so miss my friend. He and I would just howl during this show, eat great food and drink wine. I am laughing now, though, and that is much needed.

Last year I found a show I really liked called In the Dark. It was on the CW. You can watch Season 1 on Netflix ( i think Netflix has a deal with the CW that whenever a show is over they start showing it on Netflix.

Its a murder mystery. And if you are into subgenres its an amateur detective. The big twist is that the detective is a blind, alcoholic, nympho. Her one redeeming feature is that she has the best dog.

Season 2 starts tonight. They ended season one with enough info that you know where season 2 is going to go. I'm looking forward to it.

Season one trailer

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Val