NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Every day it gets a little easier. It really is the process of grief, as weird as it is. I feel the same way today as I have five days after a death in the family.

My sister and I were talking about this, and decided it was worse, because it's ongoing. It's not just one event, that can be processed over time - new things will continue to happen.

Priebus to be chief of staff, and Steve Bannon senior adviser. The forking alt right's wet dream.

I think I'm pretty naïve, under informed and simplistic when it comes to politics. However, this article hits of a few things I thought of.

I think Trump never thought he would even get the nomination. His reality show was cancelled, he was dropped by the network. He's filthy rich, why not just run for president. Won't get far but the ride will be fun. Something to do.

Look how it ended. :eek: Trump was offensive from the beginning. When he made the comments about Mexican Americans, I thought 'oh that's it, he's done' But he wasn't. That's when I realized he was saying what a portion of Americans were thinking and this got him rolling. Now some of them feel free to come on out and say what they think.

I don't think he wants to even move into The White House. I already thought it's a downgrade for him. An old elegant building for sure but no gold ceilings. He's going to be slumming it by his standards. And yes, his schedule will not be what he wants when he wants. Something I'm sure he is used to.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
My sister and I were talking about this, and decided it was worse, because it's ongoing. It's not just one event, that can be processed over time - new things will continue to happen.

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't really remember 9/11 but a lot of people are comparing it to the feeling they got after that. Maybe not the most sensitive comparison, but it's not a good idea to lie about legitimate feelings like this - and it's surely a sign that something is very, very wrong with these election results.

And yes, his schedule will not be what he wants when he wants. Something I'm sure he is used to.

Ehh... I bet you he is used to doing pretty much whatever he wants. He hasn't really ever had a job in his life other than making (bad) decisions about his business. The amount of meetings he will have to deal with on a day to day basis will crush him. That's the little bit of solace I can get out of this.

The bigot with no political or military experience made a white nationalist and anti-Semite his chief policy adviser.

Yup.

To all the people insisting that this really isn't that bad and that the Klansman Elect will have all sorts of checks and balances on him - I present to you, the Klansman Elect casually sidestepping all those checks and balances by surrounding himself with people who are leagues scarier than he is.

As much joy as I take in knowing that Cheeto Fingers will be absolutely miserable in the Oval Office, it honestly appears like he is just outsourcing all his important work to people who are on board with his insidious policies. So we might get the worst of both worlds here.

This isn't going to be okay. Not anytime soon. This is going to be rough and terrifying and people will die because of it.

Trump says in an interview he's fine with same-sex marriage as it's been settled by the Supreme Court:

President-Elect Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law

I'm sure he's all for whatever the See 'n Say that is his brain has settled on at the moment. I'm just not so sure Pence and all the other fanatics he's lifted up with him will see it quite the same way, nor am I confident that they don't have the resources to pull it off.

This isn't all about legality anyway. Donathan could have all the checks and balances placed on him in the world, and that wouldn't change the fact that his supporters have still been handed a golden ticket empowering them to do whatever they want. It doesn't matter how peachy keen everything is on a legislative level if his supporters are out in the street taunting, harassing, and eventually killing anyone who doesn't look straight or white enough.

I'm not directing this at you, IS, but I keep seeing a lot of these articles talking about these pathetically minor strides like they're some big deal. "He might not repeal abortion or gay marriage! He's even appointing a gay guy to his cabinet! Sure, that gay guy happens to be a hideous fanatic, but history!"

I'm not a fearmongerer by any means, but this is a bad situation. Like, catastrophically awful. Understating that is dangerous. We've elected a loose cannon President and his openly theocratic, pro-conversion-therapy VP to the Oval Office with a Republican majority in both the House and Senate, and he's surrounding himself with some of the most irresponsible, fanatical people the neo-conservative movement ever produced. He's giving them real power and the authority to wield it regardless of whether he's trying to do his job or out golfing or taking a dump on one of his gold toilets in Manhattan. This is a situation that is going to get much, much worse before it gets better, if it gets better.

In the same interview where he said he was fine with same sex marriage, he also reiterated his intention to ban abortion. So one is "settled law", but not the other, despite the fact that they were both legalized by SCOTUS?

I'm sure he's all for whatever the See 'n Say that is his brain has settled on at the moment. I'm just not so sure Pence and all the other fanatics he's lifted up with him will see it quite the same way, nor am I confident that they don't have the resources to pull it off.

This isn't all about legality anyway. Donathan could have all the checks and balances placed on him in the world, and that wouldn't change the fact that his supporters have still been handed a golden ticket empowering them to do whatever they want. It doesn't matter how peachy keen everything is on a legislative level if his supporters are out in the street taunting, harassing, and eventually killing anyone who doesn't look straight or white enough.

I'm not directing this at you, IS, but I keep seeing a lot of these articles talking about these pathetically minor strides like they're some big deal. "He might not repeal abortion or gay marriage! He's even appointing a gay guy to his cabinet! Sure, that gay guy happens to be a hideous fanatic, but history!"

I'm not a fearmongerer by any means, but this is a bad situation. Like, catastrophically awful. Understating that is dangerous. We've elected a loose cannon President and his openly theocratic, pro-conversion-therapy VP to the Oval Office with a Republican majority in both the House and Senate, and he's surrounding himself with some of the most irresponsible, fanatical people the neo-conservative movement ever produced. He's giving them real power and the authority to wield it regardless of whether he's trying to do his job or out golfing or taking a dump on one of his gold toilets in Manhattan. This is a situation that is going to get much, much worse before it gets better, if it gets better.
I agree with a lot of this. Still, if his underlings were to change the same-sex marriage law despite what The Donald has now said, then that would make him look a bit stupid. Not saying it's impossible that they'll still repeal the law, but it sounds like maybe they won't. And yes, there's still scope for a lot of reactionary bills, appointments, policies, acts coming out of the White House and Congress now that it's ruled entirely by Donald and his Bucketful of Deplorables.

The scumbag is so inexperienced and unprepared that President Obama will be turoting him. His aides also didn't realize that everyone currently working in the West Wing will need to be replaced.

Last edited:
Is anyone willing/able to help me respond to this?
She started with a nasty post, I responded, and this is her reply to me:

"Obama ran his campaign on "Hope and Change." Well, that "Hope" disintegrated quickly, and that "Change" ended up being for the worse. Obama did a huge disservice to America. Racial tensions during his Presidency were and are at an all time high, so don't lecture me about minorities. Obama should have tried to heal, but instead he fueled the fire. I don't remember racial tensions being that high during Bush's or Clinton's time in office.

Personally, I'm not putting up with anything. The Democrats can feel free to cry and moan and groan all they want. It's laughable, and it goes in one ear and out the other. And there is no way you can compare what is going on now with the Democrat's protesting with how Republicans responded to Obama winning the Presidency twice. I don't remember Republicans protesting in the streets blocking traffic, burning an effigy of Obama's head and burning the Flag. That just simply did not happen. Can't rewrite history. So, go ahead Democrats, whine as much as you want because it's only your time you're wasting.

And lastly, I never wished Obama to fail because you're right, that would mean America loses. Unfortunately, Obama did fail and America lost miserably. And as a result, many families suffered, including my own."

Or should I let it go? I'm. It sure I can. I don't want to be hateful in my reply, though. But I need facts, strong points, not just emotional outbursts.

How did obama fuel the fire? Because he's black? So just his "being" fueled it? Is there something he actually did that I missed? Makes me so mad....

The idea that Obama "failed" is a vicious Republican lie that's been fed to the masses who hate him for being black, because it gives them an "acceptable" reason to hate him. "I'm not racist, he failed and let the country down."

The truth is, HE DIDN'T FAIL. He turned the economy around, added thousands of jobs, and gave healthcare to millions of people who desperately needed it and had no other way to get it. The Republicans have downplayed and dismissed every single one of Obama's successes because they want people to think of him as a failed president.

Reactions: KLS52
There was a nationwide Tea Party protest three months after Barack Obama's inauguration, and subsequent protests throughout the country. They claimed it was President Obama's out of control spending, but W. had similar spending habits as president and the Tea Party was nowhere to be found.

"Obama ran his campaign on "Hope and Change." Well, that "Hope" disintegrated quickly, and that "Change" ended up being for the worse. Obama did a huge disservice to America. Racial tensions during his Presidency were and are at an all time high, so don't lecture me about minorities. Obama should have tried to heal, but instead he fueled the fire. I don't remember racial tensions being that high during Bush's or Clinton's time in office.

Personally, I'm not putting up with anything. The Democrats can feel free to cry and moan and groan all they want. It's laughable, and it goes in one ear and out the other. And there is no way you can compare what is going on now with the Democrat's protesting with how Republicans responded to Obama winning the Presidency twice. I don't remember Republicans protesting in the streets blocking traffic, burning an effigy of Obama's head and burning the Flag. That just simply did not happen. Can't rewrite history. So, go ahead Democrats, whine as much as you want because it's only your time you're wasting.

And lastly, I never wished Obama to fail because you're right, that would mean America loses. Unfortunately, Obama did fail and America lost miserably. And as a result, many families suffered, including my own."

Or should I let it go? I'm. It sure I can. I don't want to be hateful in my reply, though. But I need facts, strong points, not just emotional outbursts.
I wouldn't waste my time. There is nothing you can say that will change her mind, or get through to her in the least, and you'll end up even more frustrated and angry.

Yeah, I think Calliegirl's right.

Just keep in mind.... There's no pay-off for them if there's no reaction from you. ;)

Take the high road... your sanity will thank you. LOL

I wouldn't waste my time. There is nothing you can say that will change her mind, or get through to her in the least, and you'll end up even more frustrated and angry.
You're probably right but I feel like I have to say something, lol. I'll wait, though, so I don't just sound like I'm reacting to her obnoxious rant. And maybe I won't feel the need as time goes by.

Yeah, I think Calliegirl's right.

Just keep in mind.... There's no pay-off for them if there's no reaction from you. ;)

Take the high road... your sanity will thank you. LOL
But can't I respond and still take the high road if I choose my words carefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.