The Everything Animal Thread

1649579750683.png

**********PLEASE HELP OR SHARE*************
Please help me find a home for 5-month-old gorgeous friendly boy called Barry.
I only have 2 weeks to find him a home or he will be going to the slaughterhouse
🥺

The farm has agreed I can find him a home. If anyone can help by fostering or rehoming him please let me know. If you can’t help, please repost and spread the word to try and help Barry find his forever home, he loves belly rubs and is very talkative. He’s based in East Sussex he's a Oxford Sandy and Black and is uncastrated #savebarry please PM me for more details

View attachment 26877

**********PLEASE HELP OR SHARE*************
Please help me find a home for 5-month-old gorgeous friendly boy called Barry.
I only have 2 weeks to find him a home or he will be going to the slaughterhouse
🥺

The farm has agreed I can find him a home. If anyone can help by fostering or rehoming him please let me know. If you can’t help, please repost and spread the word to try and help Barry find his forever home, he loves belly rubs and is very talkative. He’s based in East Sussex he's a Oxford Sandy and Black and is uncastrated #savebarry please PM me for more details

Update: Barry has found his forever home and has been adopted by a lady in Buckinghamshire. So no slaughterhouse for this little boy. :up:

1650096131093.png1650096142945.png

1650096160135.png

Poor little Clover who is now safe and sound at Brambles wildlife sanctuary in the north of the UK. She was
saved by one of the founders as she was being gang raped by three savage ducks. She surely would have
been killed and sadly is badly injured.

1650440691254.png

1650441175815.png

1650440905825.png

Fast asleep blotted against new (temporary) foster mum.

An orphaned cub on it's way to the vets. Sadly, mum was run over by a car and
it's been recused by Brighton & Hove Wildlife Rescue. 😿

Update: It's a she and she'll be able to gather strength; kilos and independence at
WRAS until she is ready to leave.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
1650697220679.png

Another orphan called Oatey joins Dinky at Brambles wildlife sanctuary. The mite was saved
by a kind person whilst a female duck was trying to drown it.
Ducks seem to particularly have
a tough time between female being raped and ducklings being abandoned by their mums.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
1650742460104.png1650742677150.png1650742489517.png

Brambles Wildlife Rescue

Brambles in the brambles! ''You remember we said sometimes we are just in the right place at the right time? Daft as a brush mummy duck and her 10 little 2 or 3 days old ducklings were crossing in front of our car at the traffic lights at lunchtime at the M55 roundabout at Kirkham when we were on the way to the vets to collect our Jet. She continued to walk them down the road and after we guided them back towards the brambles, we realised there was nowhere for her to go because of the fence line so she would inevitably lead them back into the road and they would likely be mowed down. Then, she decided to fly in her panic!

So there was no choice left at all than for us to try and catch the ten babies, which was no mean feat with the traffic zipping by! Eight of them were caught safely and popped into our spare car carrier and two of them squeezed under a tiny gap the fence and ended up in the woodland below so off Justin went, over the fence and into the woodland to try and catch them amongst the undergrowth
🙈
After mum flew into the woodland having heard the missing two squealing they managed to make their way down to her in the field below, following her cries. Mel then quickly passed the carrier of the eight back over the fence to Justin to take them down to the field below to reunite them with mum.

We can't tell you how lucky that mummy duck is to have got all ten back with her, the field below provides much more safety for her than the roundabout. Ducks are really gormless sometimes. As for us, our legs, arms and hands are absolutely covered in cuts, scratches, embedded thorns and nettle stings. Every inch of us is stinging! Who'd be a rehabber, eh? Satisfying though, knowing they are not as likely to be mown down by cars this afternoon though''!
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆
🦆

Reactions: Lou
1650786226279.png

An injured gull spotted in the car park of Waitrose. 30 minutes later two rescuers had captured the poor thing and it's on
it's way to the wildlife rescue which is another 30 minute drive south of the place.
I'm in awe of these wonderful people who spend their spare time rescuing animals in need.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou