The Everything Animal Thread

He feels 3 rats and a snake is plenty and they're wild animals so they shouldn't be pets.
Guess it's easier to be accepting of pet rodents when they've been domesticated and have different patterns/colors than the wild ones. They are becoming more skittish and try to escape. They just aren't fast enough.

Where do you keep your snake?

They are becoming a handful but good thing I have experience with squirmy rats. Still not eating solid food, they like kmr too much. One of them keeps trying to jump out the 10 gallon. Gonna get them a wheel.

• Love
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Someone at work told me he had baby mice in the trash, so I took them all home. I've had them for 5 days, one of them died but the rest are doing great. There are 8 of them. They now have their eyes open, and they are becoming more active. It makes me happy to see they are full of life. This is what I dreamed of doing, finding some baby mice/rats and raising them from babies. They were at the perfect age for it too, they had fur but their eyes were closed.
View attachment 28497
How lovely they are :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
they are getting big. They try jumping every chance they get so it is impossible to hold them. Think they did eat the rat food I left for them.
I love them but this is why I got male rats, so I can relax around them and not be on edge worrying if they're about to escape. My last group was female and they'd spend their time jumping on top of the playpen so I'd have to pull em down, or I'd have them on the bed, and they'd sometimes jump down or hide in the dresser. Always ended up finding them tho. If these managed to escape I would never see them again. My last group of girls were affectionate, they'd go in my lap and groom themselves, and give me gentle kisses.
20230217_092536.jpg

Last edited:
331071859_912014260232680_4735898084169916863_n.jpg

''Happiness is having a slice of pizza larger than oneself.''

334426480_2139450139572395_7378201474375910606_n.jpg

One of the latest casualties rescued from the streets of Brighton with an injured shoulder. He's safe at the
rescuer's home which is a sort of rehab/hospital for wildlife.
Hopefully the birb will be better soon.

I'm gonna miss those lil mice, they're fully grown and try to jump out of the tank. It was difficult to clean it, they're so active. I just replaced the old bedding and boxes. I can't pick them up anymore :(

329969386_1385883105496235_2483459359747687033_n.jpg

This Dog Needs our Help
❗
Please SHARE

He was taken by another family but their doggie does not accept him at all. Now it sits there in FOSTER.
🐾
🐾

Andy is a wonderful boy. Very loving to people and good with other dogs. He lived a year in my little shelter with 30 other dogs. He is a 4-year-old doggie ( jack russel terrier) , fully vaccinated, neutered , he has all the tests required in the UK.

His story is sad because he had a mum in Romania who died. She was an intellectual lady, teacher at an Art college. Her house and all her possessions were taken by her relatives and poor Andy was thrown out into the streets. He lived exposed to danger for about 4 months until I found him. We waited together for a good adoption in the UK because adoptions were not allowed. We found a very good family, he arrived with them on February 9, 2023 and he adapted wonderfully there. But the big bad luck came again in Andy's life.

The family's son has been diagnosed with severe mental illness and the grandmother has declared cancer. The family can't handle Andy
anymore, it's too much for them.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52