The coffee Lovers thread

Ah man..... All those drinks are in my companies fancy new machine:ignore:
I get the Americano and add hot water cause it's really strong, I always take coffee black...but I do love to try things and all those drinks are tempting me now. I have no idea what that machine uses for milk, It's gotta be a powder :yuck:

I grew up with espresso, black. But we put anisette or sambuca in it. Lol. 😁

Reactions: PTree15
More of the same but this time in print instead of video.

When I go out I get a latte. Used to be a soy milk latte but lately I have been ordering the oat milk latte.

at home its generally black but once in a while I heat up some milk and use my little frother to make a latte.

Oh. I need to try that with the Next Milk I bought. see how it froths.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Just when I got in the habit of having morning coffee at work because we got a fabulous machine,they got a different machine 🙄
They were such good beans in the Americana coffee! Strong and flavorful. the machine kept leaking and now the new one has the same options, but I don't care for it. It's not as bold in flavor, just meh. Hoping I can find the right strength-not easy when you just take it black and med roast

• Sad
  • Friendly
Just when I got in the habit of having morning coffee at work because we got a fabulous machine,they got a different machine 🙄
They were such good beans in the Americana coffee! Strong and flavorful. the machine kept leaking and now the new one has the same options, but I don't care for it. It's not as bold in flavor, just meh. Hoping I can find the right strength-not easy when you just take it black and med roast
I think it's finding the right beans to water ratio. Does this fabulous machine have a dial or something to make adjustments?

I may have to put that in the "things that don't do together" thread :rofl:
Ha! Fair enough, as with any cultural thing I suppose. Lol.
But it’s really good. And the only way I would drink black coffee. Haven’t had it in years sad to say.

“It’s like a still shot from a Federico Fellini film: An Italian family gathered around the holiday table, cake crumbs littering the tablecloth, espresso cups steaming with freshly brewed black coffee. And making its way around, from person to person, is a bottle of anisette. It’s a tradition—after dinner, a drop of anisette in your espresso.

Anisette is enjoyed straight and in coffee, but also mixed with other liquids, including water, which creates a similar effect that water in absinthe creates: it becomes milky.

The Italian version of anisette is sambuca. Pronounced sahm-BOO-cah, this liqueur is made with essential oils from anise, star anise, licorice and other spices. It also contains elderflowers, which is where the name sambuca comes from—sambucus is the Latin word for elderberry. There are two types of sambuca, white and “black,” which in Italian is referred to as della notte, or “of the night.””

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
One time for a long work training session a bunch of us spent a week at a dude ranch. They put chickory in the coffee. For some reason they only had that. And I did not like it.

One time for a long work training session a bunch of us spent a week at a dude ranch. They put chickory in the coffee. For some reason they only had that. And I did not like it.
I had chicory coffee once too… I didn’t like it either.

My grandparents sometimes used chickory, I believe they'd get it from relatives that would gather and dry the roots. It grows everywhere in Ohio, but mostly on the sides of roads. They would often use the leaves in salads, which I thought were bitter
1649508829993.png

• Informative
I've been making the same oat milk latte every morning now since oat milk has been available here in Canada. I made the same beverage with soy milk before that. I do my own ground coffee (conical burr grinder) to ensure freshness and a nice crema. Pulling shots isn't rocket science. I do 4 shots in my morning 16 oz mug. Regardless of the machine you use, it is also very important to keep them clean.

Speaking of coffee lovers - I never understood how people can put flavoured syrup in their coffees. Seriously, and no offense meant to anyone that does. I just don't understand it. I love the taste of coffee. Coffee is a flavour all by itself. It doesn't requires any other flavours in my humble opinion. Sure a little non-dairy milk or sugar I can understand. They don't take away the coffee flavour, but vanilla or pumpkin spice? I'm the same way with beer. No tomato juice for me! To each their own.

• Informative
I can do both flavored and unflavored. I do prefer unflavored. If I have a flavored one it’s more of a dessert/treat thing, like from Starbucks. I do enjoy a caramel macchiato and peppermint at Christmas time. Certainly not a daily morning thing. But it is just a matter of preference. I agree, no judgment on those who like flavored.

Speaking of coffee lovers - I never understood how people can put flavoured syrup in their coffees.
Back before Covid I met once a week with a bunch of guys at a Starbucks. We all got coffee. The coffee wasn't the draw - the company was. Anyway we all got different kinds of coffee drinks. I think we had representatives across the spectrum. I love to analyze things and I made up the caffeine addict to coffee lover scale. At one one end would be the guy who drank decaf black - total coffee lover. At the other end of the scale was the guy who drank a flavored latte. (well that is not just caffeine - there is sugar and fat involved - but still more for the buzz.)

everyone else took up spots on the spectrum. Although I never figured out where to put the guy who got his black coffee diluted with hot water.

I like my coffee black but I find Starbucks coffee bitter so I always added some soy milk. Starbuck used to charge extra for soy milk so I got into the habit of putting soy milk into my tumbler before I left the house.

Reactions: Veganite and KLS52
I can do both flavored and unflavored. I do prefer unflavored. If I have a flavored one it’s more of a dessert/treat thing, like from Starbucks. I do enjoy a caramel macchiato and peppermint at Christmas time. Certainly not a daily morning thing. But it is just a matter of preference. I agree, no judgment on those who like flavored.
I love a squirt of peppermint in the soy lattes I get from Starbucks, but only one pump. It's too sweet otherwise. I agree on a latte as more of a dessert/treat. I drink black coffee otherwise, even iced these days. I just want to taste the coffee.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and Veganite
Speaking of coffee lovers - I never understood how people can put flavoured syrup in their coffees. Seriously, and no offense meant to anyone that does. I just don't understand it. I love the taste of coffee. Coffee is a flavour all by itself. It doesn't requires any other flavours in my humble opinion. Sure a little non-dairy milk or sugar I can understand. They don't take away the coffee flavour, but vanilla or pumpkin spice? I'm the same way with beer. No tomato juice for me! To each their own.

My usual cup every morning is plain coffee with a splash of oat or almond milk, but every now and then I'll get something different. Maybe for a treat or as dessert, maybe just to experiment and try something new or seasonal. Coffee is good, but so is a peppermint latte at Christmas time. The variety is nice, depending on what I'm in the mood for.

With out a doubt the best coffee I 👋 have ever tasted and the most expensive .
Noticed some have collagen in so tread carefully

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou