The coffee Lovers thread

How much is Peets? I pay about $5 for a 12oz bag of Aldi's Honduras beans, or 4 something for 14 oz German blend ground.
$9-10 for ten ounces. $15 and change for 18 oz. The Kirkland was $12.99 for 3 lbs.
Aldi didn’t have a decaf dark roast when I went. I was hoping they would.

$9-10 for ten ounces. $15 and change for 18 oz. The Kirkland was $12.99 for 3 lbs.
Aldi didn’t have a decaf dark roast when I went. I was hoping they would.
Aldi should really get a good decaf-all I've seen is the big can, and I wouldn't trust it, I've heard bad about the big can of regular.
Their fair trade coffees are so good!

Reactions: KLS52
How much is Peets? I pay about $5 for a 12oz bag of Aldi's Honduras beans, or 4 something for 14 oz German blend ground.

Too lazy to make coffee, but not so lazy you can't walk 🤣. By the time you get dressed and get your shoes on it would be done!

My work got the fanciest touch screen, fresh ground, coffee machine! Now I can wait to get to work to have a really good cup of coffee!
Oh yeah, I said that already 😆. Yeah, I am kinda excited! I feel bad for the people who don't drink coffee. This thing is gonna cost them a lot! Heck, it's probably like getting a .50 cent an hour raise if you compare it to coffee shop coffee 😁
I am actually never too lazy to make coffee! Just saying that Dunkin is really convenient! LOL I always feel guilty to pay so much for a coffee when I do splurge on a fancy one!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Interesting but I just see the people with mega bucks giving the $1 deposit and not bothering to return the mug. I see it all the time…if you have the money you will gladly pay not to be inconvenienced.
Well, if that happens, you can't blame Starbucks. Give them credit for trying.
I still have the two $1 semi-reusable cups I bought years ago. I don't use them but at least they are not in a landfill.
Oh, and the article suggested that there might be further incentives for people to return their cups. Points that might be redeemable or something.

I thought before covid (BC) I was getting a 15¢ discount on my coffee when I brought my own cup. I would bring my own cup anyway - but I appreciated the 15¢.

I also remember that at one point in time you could order food and drink to be eaten in the restaurant and they would serve it on/in real tableware.

Well, if that happens, you can't blame Starbucks. Give them credit for trying.
I still have the two $1 semi-reusable cups I bought years ago. I don't use them but at least they are not in a landfill.
Oh, and the article suggested that there might be further incentives for people to return their cups. Points that might be redeemable or something.
Oh didn’t mean to sound like I was pooh poohing them. And they are certainly trying to make sure the kinks are worked out early on.
If I were a regular there I would make sure I had my own cup but for the amount of times I’m there I would likely pay the penalty for a disposable one. Especially if it wasn’t a planned visit. I would make sure I had one for Target 🎯 Tuesdays though lol.

Reactions: PTree15
I would likely pay the penalty for a disposable one
I'm thinking/hoping there won't be any disposable ones. You'll be charged for a cup (maybe a dollar or two) and get the dollar back when you return it.

Back when the Ol' Geezers and I met at Starbucks once a week I tried to talk everyone into buying one of Starbucks $1 reusable cups and I was unable to make any headway. and their only excuse was laziness. But I think this will work out better. you might buy the cup for a dollar but if its still in your car next time you are at Starbucks, why not get the deposit and bring it back. You probably don't even have to wash it.

I'm thinking/hoping there won't be any disposable ones. You'll be charged for a cup (maybe a dollar or two) and get the dollar back when you return it.

Back when the Ol' Geezers and I met at Starbucks once a week I tried to talk everyone into buying one of Starbucks $1 reusable cups and I was unable to make any headway. and their only excuse was laziness. But I think this will work out better. you might buy the cup for a dollar but if its still in your car next time you are at Starbucks, why not get the deposit and bring it back. You probably don't even have to wash it.
I know it’s coming across as me being argumentative but I’m really not. People who want to make it work, will make it work.

I saw this and missed where they said they’re testing a “possible” disposable cup fee. So it’s not a done deal.

"We're testing an incentive on the personal cup to go up from where it is today — from 10 cents to 50 cents," Landers said. "We are also going to be testing a disposable cup fee." She added that the chain is also experimenting with discounted prices for people who use a Starbucks-provided ceramic mug in stores.

I guess I don’t want to be driving around for 1-2 months with a dirty cup in my car. I know me…I’ll keep forgetting to bring it in lol. The upside is, the new Starbucks is opening up the end of this month (supposedly). It’s in the big y plaza and I’m there a few times a month. It will be very easy for me to drop it off then.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I’m not going to worry about it now. By the time they implement it here all the kinks will have been worked out.

Reactions: PTree15

What are the reusable cups made of? I imagine only a certain crowd will actually that the trouble to bring them back.
You can bring your own cup I hope? Too many of these kind of promotions just end up being trash or at Goodwill.
I suppose if you make a habit of going there, but there must be a lot of folks who do spur of the moment.
I would think having a paper cup fee would be the best solution

Yes they encourage you to bring your own cup.

I do commend their effort. And just based on the little flack I’m giving lol, they really are brave to try and take this on. I do like Starbucks in general.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
If they don't change the design from what they have been using for years, the cups are made of a fairly durable plastic. All white and looks a lot like a paper cup. They cost a $1. when I bought mine the barista told me that I can wash it and reuse if a bunch of times but if it starts looking or smelling funky to throw it out.

I have had mine for years but somewhere along the line I lost the tops* so I don't use them very often.

* the tops look just like the tops of the paper cups - which are also plastic.

I went through 3 lbs of the Kirkland coffee in two weeks. And it was $14 not $13. So still, a dollar a day isn’t so bad. And sone days it was two cups because husband has it too. I will but it again. Probably should grab 2-3 cans because I won’t be going that often.

Nothing very useful here but I still found it interesting.

I used to be very regular and would poop first thing in the morning. However now that I'm getting older I am not so regular, but still poop in the mornings - after my cup of coffee and breakfast.

I like all of the milk coffees. Probably cappacino, machiatto and latte are my favorites.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Chryssie
Coffee is such a good thing for me! I really love our new machine at work so I have a really good strong cup when I get there instead of my kinda weak mug I would have at home.
I would think getting the caffeine from pop would be negate the problem solving affect with all that sugar!

Some days I just want to drink coffee all day long! I stop myself, but after some of the foods I've been over doing I'm thinking maybe coffee wouldn't be so bad :hide:

• Friendly