The coffee Lovers thread

So......I have a single serve pour over coffee maker. It's an OXO.
It has an "auto-drip" tank. the auto drip is pretty cool but it makes the coffee so slowly that by the time its ready its already cooling off. It order to mitigate that I now make my coffee directly into an insulated travel mug.

if I'm going to add milk, I heat up the milk in the microwave.

Just today I figured out a little trick.

I boil my water in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Then after I pour the water into the OXO I add the milk to the empty measuring cup. While the coffee brews, the milk loses its chill and its just fine to put into the coffee when its ready.

If I go off to read and write on the VF while waiting for the coffee to finish - sometimes I forget and the coffee does cool off too much. in which case I do nuke the milk a bit before putting it in.

I do have to wash the measuring cup.

Reactions: KLS52
I always heat my creamer for coffee. I make it hot. My pour over takes about 60 seconds but it’s never hot enough for some reason. I’ll have to time it tomorrow. Maybe it’s a little longer. I usually feed the cats while it’s dripping.

Black without sugar. I used to buy the cheapest but now I have a work contract I'm switching to strictly Fair Trade.
If you get a chance try Fair Trade and Shade Grown.

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
It’s so hard to find decaf dark/bold roast in fair trade. It’s why I stick with peets and starbucks and now Kirkland at Costco. That was a good find because it’s so much cheaper.

If you get a chance try Fair Trade and Shade Grown.

Thanks, I'll look out for that.

Reactions: Lou
Some time ago I invested in MoccaMaster coffee machine. I'm so spoiled. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brian W
I did get the MoccaMaster machine on a discount though. And it's really good coffee machine. It makes super hot coffee and is fast.

I always heat my creamer for coffee. I make it hot. My pour over takes about 60 seconds but it’s never hot enough for some reason. I’ll have to time it tomorrow. Maybe it’s a little longer. I usually feed the cats while it’s dripping.
It took two full minutes for 8 ounces of water to finish dripping.

Time flies when you’re having fun…

I just timed it. my pour over takes 3 minutes. Right when its finished its hot. but not hot enough to stay hot with cold milk added.

Also since I sometimes leave it while it is dripping, I sometime forget about it and when I get back its much less hot. A little heated milk solves that problem.

I don't have a kettle. I have too many other things taking up room on the countertop.
So I boil my water in the microwave.

I have a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup and it takes just over 3 minutes for it come to a boil.
but sometimes its still in the sink so I use a 1 cup pyrex measuring cup. I had notices that in 3 minutes it come to a very vigorous boil. So today I timed it and it comes to a boil in 2 minutes and 13 seconds.

I guess its some kind of physics thing. like maybe surface area or something. Anyway has anyone ever noticed this? also bonus points for anyone who can replicate this at home.

It’s so hard to find decaf dark/bold roast in fair trade. It’s why I stick with peets and starbucks and now Kirkland at Costco. That was a good find because it’s so much cheaper.
Oooh, I was wondering about the Kirkland coffee. Aldi seems to be out of the coffee I used to get there.

Oooh, I was wondering about the Kirkland coffee. Aldi seems to be out of the coffee I used to get there.
Which Aldi coffee do you buy?
My favorite is the whole bean Guatemalan, but I usually get the German mild blend.
I'm curious about the special Halloween blends they have now

Which Aldi coffee do you buy?
My favorite is the whole bean Guatemalan, but I usually get the German mild blend.
I'm curious about the special Halloween blends they have now
I don't remember the brand, but it was a dark roast (ground) in a 12 oz. bag. My Aldi seems to have abandoned the bags in favor of big cans of Cafe Bustelo, which I don't really like.

I don't remember the brand, but it was a dark roast (ground) in a 12 oz. bag. My Aldi seems to have abandoned the bags in favor of big cans of Cafe Bustelo, which I don't really like.
You don't have the all the varieties of fair trade ground, and whole beans? Columbian, Peru, Honduras, Guatemalen... and the German med and light blends? Or do you just mean they don't carry Cafe Bustelo in bags anymore? I used to buy it to blend with other coffees, but haven't noticed in some time
I think I'll try the Ravens blend next time I do. I looked up reviews and both seasonal blends got raves.

I was at a motorhome show and a guy was selling a l-the anime,mvt oil,monk fruit, organic fair trade organic oil .
It was called :Rude nootropics coffee :
It was okay ..

• Informative