The coffee Lovers thread

Today I had lunch at a Mideastern Type Restaurant . and I hadn't had any coffee yet. They only had Turkish or Nescafe. I didn't think I had ever had a Nescafe but I've heard good things about it.
I was surprised to learn that its just fancy instant coffee. Not a big fan.
Nescafe is the go to for most people here, who drink instant coffee. And a lot of people drink instant coffee. I don't like it. It tastes like what I imagine dishwater to taste like!

Nescafe is the go to for most people here, who drink instant coffee. And a lot of people drink instant coffee. I don't like it. It tastes like what I imagine dishwater to taste like!

I'm also not a fan of instant coffee but do have it in the cupboard for convenience; when in need of caffeine in the middle of the night
to combat a migraine. I also take it with my when travelling as you never know whether you'll find a decent cup of coffee when in need.

Reactions: HappyRoxy and KLS52
I'm also not a fan of instant coffee but do have it in the cupboard for convenience; when in need of caffeine in the middle of the nightto combat a migraine. I also take it with my when travelling as you never know whether you'll find a decent cup of coffee when in need.
I have some cheap brand of instant coffee in the cupboard. I use it in a Morning Smoothie when time doesn't allow for a a smoothie And a coffee. Haven't done that in years. I wonder if its still good.

That's what I remember too! I do have a jar that we sometimes use for delgado whipped coffee. The 1:1:1 instant, hot water, sugar whipped up to a cream! I loved that so much when I first made it--after that not so much :shrug:
Oh it's so good on cake though!

I'm having a mug of coffee right now

Reactions: HappyRoxy
Oh yeah, I had starbucks instant packets and did like them!
I also got the free with shipping sampler from Cusa coffee and teas that were also very very good-hot or cold!
Regular prices are too much for me, and I don't need individual packets--but I enjoyed every one of their variety packs! Well, except 'dirty chai' which is always vile to me :down:

I have some cheap brand of instant coffee in the cupboard. I use it in a Morning Smoothie when time doesn't allow for a a smoothie And a coffee. Haven't done that in years. I wonder if its still good.
Probably not. I bought a small jar a couple of years ago to use in a cake recipe. I opened it a few months ago and it had gone weird and hard, even though it was in an air tight container.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou
flat-white-vs-latte-1.jpg

Reactions: HappyRoxy and Lou
When I go out and when I drink coffee at home, it's usually just a black coffee.
When I go out and the coffee isn't that good I'll add some plant milk to it. but if they charge extra for plant milk I don't get it. Not only am I cheap but I am philosophically opposed to paying extra for plant milk when the cow's milk is free.
And on special occasions I'll get a soy latte.

At home I just have coffee - but sometimes as sort of a treat I'll make it strong and add some frothed soy milk to it. And call it a homemade latte.

☕

I also prefer black coffee. That's the way I have learned to drink coffee since I was a wee lad.
But I make it strong and sometimes it's too bitter, so I add some oat drink to sweeten it up.

I had to stop drinking at one point, because I had some problems with anxiety, but gladly I can again enjoy my coffee.

I just call a cup of coffee, just that. I always have pb milk with very strong coffee plus sweetener. All of these
names that are given to different types of cups of coffee are commercial, as they differ slightly. I remember having posted
a photo of an illustration outside a café in the UK which translates the various coffee and teas available. It was a hoot.

I can't imagine saying that I'm having a flat white when I'm at home. :confused:

2_av8u3p0idq631.jpg

I'm not sure what to call mine based on the three options. I don't like my milk frothy/foamy. I do heat my milk but it's not boiled or steamed. So super strong espresso or dark roast..,usually I do half espresso half dark roast...with hot milk and a teaspoon of sugar. I like a good amount of milk but I have to be able to taste the coffee. I think I'm closest to a latte?

I'll measure today to see what the ratio of coffee to milk is. I know I use 1/4 cup of creamer because I'm still counting calories in vs calories out. I think the coffee is 1/2 cup.

I have resorted to drinking weaker black coffee with a teaspoon of sugar in the afternoon to curb my hunger between meals. It's gross but it works.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I'm not sure what to call mine based on the three options. I don't like my milk frothy/foamy. I do heat my milk but it's not boiled or steamed. So super strong espresso or dark roast..,usually I do half espresso half dark roast...with hot milk and a teaspoon of sugar. I like a good amount of milk but I have to be able to taste the coffee. I think I'm closest to a latte?

I'll measure today to see what the ratio of coffee to milk is. I know I use 1/4 cup of creamer because I'm still counting calories in vs calories out. I think the coffee is 1/2 cup.
Sounds like the KLS52 Special. Only available in bespoke locations.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Seems like there almost as many names and types of coffee drinks as there are names and types of vegan.

HA! Maybe it's also something like when people say the best coffee is a _____ coffee. The only real kind of vegan is a _______ vegan. I wonder if there is a name for this kind a thing. Maybe it's even the same part of the brain.

Seems like there almost as many names and types of coffee drinks as there are names and types of vegan.

HA! Maybe it's also something like when people say the best coffee is a _____ coffee. The only real kind of vegan is a _______ vegan. I wonder if there is a name for this kind a thing. Maybe it's even the same part of the brain.
Not getting the comparison, or the joke... :shrug:

All I know is I like my works coffee machine too much. I was getting two 20 oz Americanos (which it says are expresso and coffee) black. Lately I've been stressed too much at work so decided to have a caffiene free rooibos for the second one. First couple days I was getting just as jittery after drinking that--I guess like a placebo effect :laughing: