The coffee Lovers thread

Sounds like the KLS52 Special. Only available in bespoke locations.
Haha I love this…there is a downside…I love, and have become accustomed to, the way I make coffee so much that I can’t enjoy it anywhere else. Mostly because they don’t have Silk Soy original creamer. I have been known to bring my pourover, coffee grounds blend and creamer to people’s houses…mostly when it’s family, like my daughter. I can enjoy a Starbucks on occasion but only if it’s a specialty drink…a plain espresso with soy milk doesn’t do it for me. And forget having coffee after a meal at a restaurant…it’s always undrinkable for me. So that leaves my house as the only place where I can get, what I consider, a good cup of coffee, lol.

Haha I love this…there is a downside…I love, and have become accustomed to, the way I make coffee so much that I can’t enjoy it anywhere else. Mostly because they don’t have Silk Soy original creamer. I have been known to bring my pourover, coffee grounds blend and creamer to people’s houses…mostly when it’s family, like my daughter. I can enjoy a Starbucks on occasion but only if it’s a specialty drink…a plain espresso with soy milk doesn’t do it for me. And forget having coffee after a meal at a restaurant…it’s always undrinkable for me. So that leaves my house as the only place where I can get, what I consider, a good cup of coffee, lol.

It's the same for me unless I'm at a very high end restaurant or café where they know how to make good coffee. I didn't care for Starbucks milk coffee. However, the espresso at Victoria's branch of SB's was decent.

What the flippin' flip!

I was looking into the coffee alternatives like Postem and Cafix (reflux issues) and that's how I came across this. I'm so frustrated right now but I'll post more in the health thread. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
You already drink the type of coffee with the least acrylamindes--dark roast! Now you know grain coffee substitutes are much worse!
You already avoid most foods that have them.

Ah hah! this is where I've seen that! The dreaded fried potatoes--but Dr Greger does not avoid coffee!

So, I had mentioned that since the lung biopsy I got used to not drinking hot coffee...I was drinking tea then I switched to putting coffee in my vanilla protein drink and pretended it was an iced latte. That was going good especially since it was less calories due to the silk creamer being so bad, plus I was getting 20 grams of protein if I drank a whole bottle throughout the course of the day. And the weather was hot and humid.

Well the last three days it's been chilly in the morning and I was craving hot coffee. The point of this saga is this...

I am drinking hot coffee with silk creamer and get this...NO SUGAR.

WHO AM I?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and silva
😁

I'm not going to say I love it but it's good enough. Even though I only used one measuring tsp anyway which isn't a lot. But the creamer does have sugar.

Reactions: PTree15
Oh...I just went online and compared my silk soy creamer with other brands of oat and almond based creamers. My Silk has 2 gram and the others have 4/5! 😊

Reactions: PTree15
What the flippin' flip!

I was looking into the coffee alternatives like Postem and Cafix (reflux issues) and that's how I came across this. I'm so frustrated right now but I'll post more in the health thread. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I read the article and there is nothing to be concerned about if you drink freshly brewed dark roast in small quantities; ''The amount of acrylamide in coffee can vary greatly. Well-roasted, dark, fresh coffee beans are likely to have the lowest amount.''

I limit myself to a strong cup of French press made with Arabica organic once a day. Once I've had my daily brew it simply doesn't appeal to me and I usually have infusions of fruit flavoured tap water.

I'd be more concerned about the pollution and all the chemicals that we breathe in, especially for those who live near major roads.

We've been obsessing over bones coffee at my house since October. I bought this super crazy expensive coffee that is bourbon barreled aged and it's the best coffee I've ever put in my face. I'm not going to put cream in my coffee. I put a lot of sugar. It's so good.

I had to explain to a friend who Dave Barry was.
Thought it best to show them one of his columns.
Being that it is coffee related I thought it is appropriate to share it here too

I remember hearing something about this a while ago. Bizarre yet interesting.

I had to explain to a friend who Dave Barry was.
Thought it best to show them one of his columns.
Being that it is coffee related I thought it is appropriate to share it here too

I forgot Dave Barry-used to read his column when I got the Sunday Plain Dealer! Miss newspaper on Sun mornings
I remember hearing something about this a while ago. Bizarre yet interesting.
Civet cat coffee-perfect example of animal abuse for humans greed . First time I heard of this was a story from Nat'l Geo I think, indigenous tribes would collect the berries and sell them to tourists in order to survive. Of course their way of life had already been exploited from colonization. Rich people saw the money in the civet coffee and now trap and cage them for profit :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52