The coffee Lovers thread

You don't have the all the varieties of fair trade ground, and whole beans? Columbian, Peru, Honduras, Guatemalen... and the German med and light blends? Or do you just mean they don't carry Cafe Bustelo in bags anymore? I used to buy it to blend with other coffees, but haven't noticed in some time
I think I'll try the Ravens blend next time I do. I looked up reviews and both seasonal blends got raves.
Yep, my store had only Cafe Bustelo in cans. There were no bags or any other options of other coffee to be had. It was weird. I didn't get a chance to ask about it. Maybe it was temporary, but I haven't seen any other coffee there. They used to have quite a bit. Dunno if it was some sort of supply chain issue. I should check the new Aldi that opened up in another town near me.

Yep, my store had only Cafe Bustelo in cans. There were no bags or any other options of other coffee to be had. It was weird. I didn't get a chance to ask about it. Maybe it was temporary, but I haven't seen any other coffee there. They used to have quite a bit. Dunno if it was some sort of supply chain issue. I should check the new Aldi that opened up in another town near me.
We have had some supply issues with coffee but nothing much, in fact they've added some more fair trade ones. We still have the Cafe Bustelo in bags
I just tried the Ravens blend. It's quite good, $4.99 a 10 oz bag

Reactions: PTree15
How do you like your coffee? Black, no sugar? Milk and sugar? Latte only? Flavored? Iced? Dark and strong or light and sweet?

I'm one of those people that needs a super sweet coffee. Decaf only . Hot or iced but always with some sort of flavoring, non dairy milk or creamer and lots of

I’m a huge coffee lover but I’ll only have organic black coffee.

We love Cafe Bustelo. I use decaf and son uses caffeinated. But he mixes it with half decaf. I mix mine with decaf Peet’s or Starbucks or the Kirkland brand.

I made myself a second cup of coffee...a peppermint mocha. It's really good, maybe even better than Starbucks!
I love peppermint in a latte! I get a pump of peppermint when I get a Starbucks latte. I've not tried a mocha version. That sounds really tasty.

Reactions: HappyRoxy and KLS52
Scored a deal on Aldi Halloween ground coffee. They had the 12 oz bags of Sleepy Hallow and Ravens Roast for $2.99! I got 4 bags Ravens, and one Sleepy. Sleepy was too fruity for me, by son likes it a lot, but they're both really good mixed with the German blend I usually buy.

I wish aldis carried a dark roast decaf blend in ground coffee.

• Friendly
I bought a bag of Tim Horton’s coffee. They only had medium roast in decaf but I figured, maybe I can just add more grounds and make it stronger. Plus, it was $6.50 for a 12 Oz bag compared to Peet’s that was on sale for $8.99 but only a 10.5 oz bag.

Well, Tim’s was good but I was hoping it would be better. And if I need to use more grounds for a cup of coffee, I don’t know if I’ll be saving much by buying Tim’s. I don’t buy Peet’s unless it’s on sale. I’ve been using the Costco decaf which is a dark roast. It’s not great either, but mixed with the espresso, it’s too good a deal to pass up. I think I’m paying $15 for three pounds.

Last edited:
322844231_1325987034892100_3046514056873301976_n.jpg

I bought a bag of Tim Horton’s coffee. They only had medium roast in decaf but I figured, maybe I can just add more grounds and make it stronger. Plus, it was $6.50 for a 12 Oz bag compared to Peet’s that was on sale for $8.99 but only a 10.5 oz bag.

Well, Tim’s was good but I was hoping it would be better. And if I need to use more grounds for a cup of coffee, I don’t know if I’ll be saving much by buying Tim’s. I don’t buy Peet’s unless it’s on sale. I’ve been using the Costco decaf which is a dark roast. It’s not great either, but mixed with the espresso, it’s too good a deal to pass up. I think I’m paying $15 for three pounds.

I found that good coffee in the US was quite expensive. However, I've never tried Peet's.

I buy organic arabica (central America) for € 6.15 for 500 g and it's really excellent. Isn't Tim Horton's coffee Canadian?

I found that good coffee in the US was quite expensive. However, I've never tried Peet's.

I buy organic arabica (central America) for € 6.15 for 500 g and it's really excellent. Isn't Tim Horton's coffee Canadian?
I'm pretty sure Tim Horton's is Canadian or at least very popular there.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
This news just came out

There has already been a lot of pushback. I listened to this from NPR this morning

If you don't want to listen to that you can read this instead

And I think this article has the most nuanced view.

It doesn't quite say it but I got the impression the authors were thinking, why are you guys so worried about coffee when you still eat beef and cheese?

Today I had lunch at a Mideastern Type Restaurant . and I hadn't had any coffee yet. They only had Turkish or Nescafe. I didn't think I had ever had a Nescafe but I've heard good things about it.
I was surprised to learn that its just fancy instant coffee. Not a big fan.

Reactions: HappyRoxy and KLS52