Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Yesterday I had a repeat of Sunday's dinner: quinoa-with-vegetables + fava beans; for dessert: mix of dried fruits, dates & nuts, topped up with tahini, plus one persimmon.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I did rice in the Instant Pot for a change as our rice cooker is losing some of its paint from the pot, it worked well. Steamed brussel sprouts and Ikea veggie balls on top. In the rice I put raisins, cashews, turmeric, garlic powder, fennel seeds.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Buckwheat, beans and half an avocado; plus a small serving of salad and a little bread on the side.

For dessert: mixed dried fruits and nuts, sprinkled with cinnamon and tahini.

All nice.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I'm going to make this vegan stew from Sweet Simple Vegan. It's perfect for this snowy day.
This is another keeper. My tweaks were that I didn't add the salt because the Better Than Bouillon veggie base has plenty. I also didn't have the red wine, so I used just a bit more broth to deglaze the pan. It was so savory and flavorful. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's bowl. :)

I made a roasted tomato and red pepper soup this afternoon as I was so cold.

I fancy pizza tonight. I have a vegan pepperoni one in the freezer, but I do have some pitta bread that I might turn into pitta pizzas.🤔

Nothing fancy: I cooked a batch of elbow macaroni and topped half of it with canned mixed vegetables, canned mushroom pieces, and a bit of canola oil. I had a big handful or two of dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, and a cup of "Silk" plain soymilk to drink. It was a rather large late lunch; I'll have a light dinner. I haven't decided what to do with the rest of the macaroni- it's in the fridge.

I had a bowl of leftover vegan stew, and this time I made my first bannock bread. My friend from Maine makes a single serving of it to have with her dinner. She says if she makes more, she'll eat whatever she's made, haha. And I can see why. I doubled the recipe she gave me (it's flour, a little baking powder, a pinch of salt and a liquid that's half the amount of the flour. I used almond milk). I pan-fried it in olive oil, just enough to cover the surface of the pan. It was so delicious with some vegan butter. I think it would be great for breakfast or as a base instead of crust for pot pie. Kind of like an open-face sandwich.

IMG_1603.jpg

we had beans and weiners - 2 cans of breakfast beans, 3 Yves weiners sliced in - 2 small round pizza crusts topped with herbs/olive oil (about 2 tsps) between the two - in the oven for about 10 minutes

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
We had a vegan chicken joint in the freezer that we didn't eat over xmas. I defrosted it and cut up some slices and put it in the AF. I had it with two rolls with vegan mayo and rocket. Bit of a weird dinner, but quite nice. I have fruit salad and yoghurt later for pudding.

Rocket is a type of salad leaves. I don't know what it is called in other countries. Oh wait arugula, I think.