Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had a serving of the pasta. 🙄 . I wanted more so badly! I had a big glass of water first, and after I had some watermelon. I just felt bloated and craving more pasta :weird: :fp:

I haven't made mujadara in a long time! I think I'll do that tomorrow. I can be satisfied with one serving of that!

I had a serving of the pasta. 🙄 . I wanted more so badly! I had a big glass of water first, and after I had some watermelon. I just felt bloated and craving more pasta :weird: :fp:

I haven't made mujadara in a long time! I think I'll do that tomorrow. I can be satisfied with one serving of that!
I haven't had pasta in awhile. I like gnocchi.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
We were given a huge home grown courgette, so I'm making us all courgette fritters, sausages & houmous for dinner.

How do you make them?

I have been reading on another forum that lots of people have massive amounts of grown courgettes at the moment. :laughing:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
last night, in addition to our usual aglio olio I decided to make less pasta and added Soy Curls as "chiken" to the top - it was so simple and so tasty added a lot to the meal - just soaked them for 15-20 minutes in boiling water/veggie stock/poulty seasoning and then drained and put them in a non-stick frying pan and cooked them until drier and then added a tiny amount of sweet chili sauce - so good - we had a ton of mixed greens in our pasta as well as mushrooms and olives, onions etc

Emma JC

How do you make them?

I have been reading on another forum that lots of people have massive amounts of grown courgettes at the moment. :laughing:

I chopped it finely in my electric chopper along with red onions, garlic, herbs, spring onion, lemon juice & seasoning. Added some buckwheat flour & fried for about 3-4 minutes either side. They are delicious :p you could use whatever veg or flour you have/fancy.

Oh, you do need to drain as much of the water from the courgette as you can through a tea towel though.

Had this creepy substance for supper.😆 I've got 3 portions left (out of the whole cooked batch), so i'll be eating it today too (and even tomorrow). It's not bad, actually. It was my last pack of TVP no-meat balls. Added cayenne chunky salsa from Finland and some seasonings.
I also was eating corn and cabbage salad, pickled cuckes, sauerkraut and honeycrisp apples.
IMG_20200810_112708.jpg
IMG_20200809_223645.jpg
IMG_20200810_010155.jpg

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
We also got given a big punnett of homegrown tomatoes & garlic along with previously mentioned courgette so I'm roasting a few garlic bulbs, tomatoes & the remaining piece of courgette to blend into a sauce to have with our chickpea fusilli for dinner.

It's still 3+ hours left to my supper, but i made a salad of raw courgettes from our greenhouse, local tomatoes from the kiosk and sauteed frozen corn. I put it in the fridge (in a sealed container). I also sauteed the 2nd batch of TVP no-meat balls (in the same Finnish cayenne salsa).
I failed to chop kapusta again! The reason of all this madness is that we have a guest again! (Liza's and Elijah's friend, Katya, who has come from the city and who will stay overnight). Boo.🙄 Unghshu is not pleased.😒 Can i have some privacy, or, i dunno, some peace for my soul?🎃
P.S. never-ending grilled corpses are included in their feast, as usual (right now it's salmon sitting on the top of the grill).
Ups, sorry, it wasn't supposed to be a gripe. And it's not, as i'm already used to their bacchanalias.:sigh:

last night I had some of my frozen bean veggie soup with a pita and I added a bunch of greens and fresh basil to it - I also topped with lemon juice and a teaspoon of tahini as both the lemon and the fat helps with the absorption of the nutrients from the veggies/greens

my honey did not eat anything yesterday, only drank water, green tea, a veggie stock/cayenne/turmeric mix, cranberry juice and more water - he seems to be doing the same again today.... less work for me :) - he is hoping his covid pounds will go away!

Emma JC

in keeping with eating less this week we had just a small bowl of salsa (mix red and green) with some tortilla chips and some popcorn after - the first solid food he has eaten in two days - I had a small piece of dark chocolate after

Emma JC

I'm working through some leftovers: pasta salad, lentil loaf with mustard, sliced cucumbers with Italian dressing and corn on the cob.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val