Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night we had a late dinner so just mashed and heated up a rinsed can of pinto beans and added spices and a tiny can of green chilies - in a bowl with salsa beside the beans and scooped up with tortilla chips - tiny piece of chocolate cake, one brazil nut and 3 almonds for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

A really tasty dinner made with an assortment of vegetables bought in the UK:
asparagus tips, mange tout, tenderstem broccoli and baby potatoes with spread and a huge drizzle of evo
plus a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt. A mini no pork pie.

Seedless white grapes.

We will have a Thai red curry with basmati rice. The curry will include red peppers, carrots, onions and bamboo shoots.

Edit: I'm adding some celery too and I am using a mix of coconut milk and coconut cream for extra creaminess.

Last edited:
I made falafels last night and then discovered today is International Falafel Day - missed it by one - whole wheat pita wrapped around cucumber, green onions, olives, cherry tomatoes and lots of homemade hummus inside - oh and the falafels inside too, of course and hot sauce on it all - I then had another couple of falafels with just hummus and hot sauce on them

I am proud of myself for making the hummus as I do tend to buy it instead and this is so much less expensive and pretty simple.

Emma JC

The tip of boiling mushrooms before sauteing really works for me! I boiled them covered in water, started sauteing onions and peppers near their end, then added them with slotted spoon. I added orzo to the boiling mushroom broth. Added spinach and garlic, then a cornstarch slurry

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Large salad, with leafy greens, avocado, chickpeas and quinoa. It was dressed with dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, tahini and whole blended lemon.
For dessert: mashed banana with nuts and dried fruits - drizzled with cinnamon and a little tahini, and one mango.
All nice.

last night was pizza night - a simple flat bread crust and I used some leftover spaghetti sauce and sprinkled it with garlic powder and basil - chopped mushrooms, chopped green onions, lots of pineapple, green olives, thinly sliced Gusta sausage and a sprinkle of cheez shreds and then topped with oelek hot sauce - awesome - for dessert we each had a small piece each of chocolate cake and carrot cake

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I bought some vegan chik'n fried tofu from Whole Foods, and it's so freakin good. I'm going to pop it in the air fryer for dinner and have roasted veggies with it.

Reactions: Emma JC