Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

🤔 That doesn't sound like KLS52 .....

Corn cobs seem to take long time to compost! I should cut them up. I've never heard of eating them if they're big?
This cracked me up. Apparently my post took on a life of its own but it’s been fun! Made me smile. 😁

@KLS52 @silva I'm planning on growing sweet corn in my vegetable garden this year. I have the seeds, although it's still too cool in my area to plant it yet; it's an heirloom, open-pollinated variety, so I'll be able to keep some of the kernels for planting. I've sometimes been too slow to pick sweet corn, so I let those ears ripen and dry fully. Fully dried sweet corn kernels popped in a hot-air corn popper are pretty good, with a delicate, sweet taste, although they don't pop very large (in fact, they don't pop enough to jump out of the popper)- just puff up a bit.

My neighbors are going to wonder why I'm giggling every time I'm tending it. If they ask, I might just have to tell them it's a long story.

Anyway- I soaked dried navy beans overnight and cooked them in my slow cooker yesterday. I had a sort of thick navy bean stew for dinner.

Last edited:
we made a HUGE pile of noodles last night with tons of sauted veg carrots/celery/onions/garlic/zucchini/water cress/etc and put in black bean sauce - way too much as always and we scarfed it all which made me not able to sleep until after 4am (thank goodness starches are not fattening or I would be the size of a house)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I might just do a vegan cheeseburger tonight, on a seeded bun and a side of Veggie Snaps which are these new type of chips (crisps) here. It's Friday night tonight in Australia and I can often not be bothered with cooking much on a Friday night.
My mom used to take a day off from cooking on Fridays and let us eat whatever we wanted. We came up with some seriously junky/creative meals. :D

My mom used to take a day off from cooking on Fridays and let us eat whatever we wanted. We came up with some seriously junky/creative meals. :D
Haha like what!?

I ended up cooking the vegan cheeseburger for lunch. So I’m not very hungry for dinner tonight. I’ll probably end up just having a cup of tea and some chocolate later.