Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made this yesterday. It is so good. With some roasted asparagus. We have a lot of the roast left. Yum.

I had some leftover taco stuffer meat from The Very Good Butcher I needed to use up. So...I'm using that on my nachos tonight, along with some diced onions and diced pickled jalapenos and some Violife cheddar shreds. I'm serving this with vegan sour cream and salsa verde.

A very easy but comforting dinner. Well, snack for most people, but this will be dinner for me.

rice and beans last night - family "discussion" went as follows....
HIM: lets do it in the instant pot
ME: no, let's do it the regular way, doing the rice separately, saute the veggies/spices/bean and add a can of diced tomatoes and mix in the rice
HIM: no, let's do the instant pot
ME: it's going to burn......
.........................................it burned...
fortunately I was watching/listening for it and managed to catch/stop it before a ton of damage was done - the challenge is that we used the juice from the tomatoes for the rice liquid as it was way too good to waste and instant pots do not like that...

we transferred it back to a regular pot and it was still delicious as the rice had cooked enough and we added the beans after and some corn too

LESSON LEARNED: don't listen to the Honey and just do it yourself as you planned

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Last night I made a very simple Vegetable soup with a coconut milk base. The recipe called for 2 pounds of vegetables. It did make some good suggestions for which veggies to use. I used Squash, celery, carrot, and onion.
Also its an InstantPot recipe and an immersion blender comes in very handy at the end. I could see making the recipe all the time now. Just use different vegetable combo each time. I think it might become my GoTo "time to clean out the frig" recipe.

I made something a British friend introduced me to 40 years ago, peas and cheese. In this case Peas and Cheez. LOL Drained canned petit peas, diced up Violife Mature Cheddar slices. Mayo. My kids would gag when they saw it but I love it! LOL

rice and beans last night - family "discussion" went as follows....
HIM: lets do it in the instant pot
ME: no, let's do it the regular way, doing the rice separately, saute the veggies/spices/bean and add a can of diced tomatoes and mix in the rice
HIM: no, let's do the instant pot
ME: it's going to burn......
.........................................it burned...
fortunately I was watching/listening for it and managed to catch/stop it before a ton of damage was done - the challenge is that we used the juice from the tomatoes for the rice liquid as it was way too good to waste and instant pots do not like that...

we transferred it back to a regular pot and it was still delicious as the rice had cooked enough and we added the beans after and some corn too

LESSON LEARNED: don't listen to the Honey and just do it yourself as you planned

Emma JC
As much as I luv my IP, even I would have listened to you! They do not like tomato to hit that bottom, and rice really is better done separately!

I sliced my white seitan sooo thinly, and had a sandwich on toasted sourdough with FYH gouda, and a smear of mayo

Gardein Chipotle Lime Chckn in burritos with sauted and spiced sweet peppers/onion/jalapeno and a bit of cheez inside, topped with pico (green onions, black olives, cherry tomatoes) and a ton of chopped arugula and some whizzed salsa to make a taco sauce.

Emma JC

I made something a British friend introduced me to 40 years ago, peas and cheese. In this case Peas and Cheez. LOL Drained canned petit peas, diced up Violife Mature Cheddar slices. Mayo. My kids would gag when they saw it but I love it! LOL
I don't think I have ever had that combo! :D

• Wow
Reactions: EllieW
My husband is going to look for the vegan turkey sandwich from Costa Coffee that they brought out for Christmas. I might have it for a late dinner when he comes home.

Made up a big batch of pasta sauce. I used a recipe I had used before that I had copied in CopyMeThat. After it was made I saw I had added some "notes". Fortunately the additions were mostly things to do after it was cooked.

Came out really good.

Going to get the ingredients and make up a "Pasta Stew" and Sweet Potato soup over the next couple of days.

He couldn't get the Turkey sandwich so he got me a vegan bacon roll instead.

Realised I can't have it for dinner as I have my blood test tomorrow so I have to fast from 10pm tonight.

Thinking of having "chicken" nuggets with roasted veg instead.