Some help please x

Youngy1969

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone.. im paul from cheshire uk.. new member.. i have decided to go vegan due to watching "what the health" and also for health reasons. Im am 6ft and 23st.. (i am on ramapril 10mg and indapamide 2.5mg for blood pressure) and a cpap for OSA and would like some help advice please..
Some questions...
1. How many times a day/week can you eat avacados.
2. Is red top milk ok just for cuppa in the morning.. ive tried alpro almond but just not the same.. i dont mind alpro on cereal just not in my tea..any ideas.
3. Good cereals.. is porridge and weatabix ok or do they contain gmo's.
Any other help would be great totally new to this and getting some good tips reading other posts...
Thanks xx (new family member)

I eat avocado almost everyday. I mostly do on the four days that I work since it keeps me energized and full until lunch ( I work 10 hour plus days ). I'm not much of a cereal person. I do like it but once it awhile. I eat reese's puffs, grapenuts, fruity pebbles and special k with berries when I do usually. I don't know about those milks you asked about.

Welcome to the forum, Youngy!

I highly suggest watching "Heart Attack Proof" by Doctor Caldwell Esselstyn. If you really want results you need to adopt a whole foods plant-based diet, with no sugar, oil, and salt. It sounds harder than it is. In my humble opinion, it is just a matter of acclimating to this new lifestyle. This is the vegan diet that reverses chronic diseases. There are plenty of unhealthy vegans. It’s not hard, as sugar, oil and salt are all vegan, and highly addictive.

If you want to get off the medications for BP, you will also need to incorporate some minimal exercise, but make sure you consult your doctor before doing anything too drastic or vigorous.

So if you so feel inclined, check out Dr. Esselstyn’s lifesaving advice on the subject, and you decide for yourself what you want to do. It is up to you, ultimately.

I'm also new to eating a vegan diet. I'm noticing my taste are changing. I still love cream in my coffee but have switched to a slightly sweetened almond milk called "Orgain" almond milk. I've noticed I'm liking it more each day. If you can, try to continue with a plant based milk option and maybe like me your taste buds will change. I've had one cup of coffee with cream in the last 10 days when I really wanted it. Then I just got back to using the almond milk. I notice I feel better with this way of eating so I'm motivated to stick to it. I figure I've been eating non vegan for 60 years, it's going to take some time to switch over.

Hi Paul, I'm from Glasgow. Try making your own plant milk, you can sweeten this to your own taste and use any nuts you want. You can make oat milk too. If you struggle to cut out dairy milk then try to reduce the amount and eventually stop using it. Perhaps give yourself a deadline to help you achieve your goal. I eat porridge every morning, just research your brand.
I became vegan 8 months ago, I had been pescatarian for a year before this so the transition was relatively smooth for me. Build up some recipes you really like, I started searching for vegan alternatives to some of my favourite dishes.

If you are becoming vegan rather than simply moving to a plant based diet you'll find it pretty easy to stay away from animal products and by-products. If you're unsure, just read the labels carefully, in the UK we are fortunate to have stores that clearly mark their products as vegan. Co-op has a pretty extensive range if you don't have any local stores nearby.

Veg, fruit, rice, pulses.

And a bit more veg ;) you'll be reet.

Over night oats is a good idea for breakfast with water and some fruit ( raspberries this morning )

Hello and welcome!

Avocado is good for you so you can eat it as much as you want.
I don't have cereals for breakfast so can't help you there.
I just drink herbal tea. You don't need milk with that. Just a bit of lemon juice. I advise you to give up all dairy milk as that's for baby cows. Not for us.