Good day to whoever might be reading this message !
To be honest, I feel like I don't want to use CronOmeter anymore. It all makes tracking eating feel too obsessive/too much of a worry.
How would I know what I lack (if I lack anything), though; and what should I be the most attentive to ?
How would this tie in with maintaining macros ?
Or should I be all-right as long as I follow the Dr. Greger's daily dozen ?

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
Imagine a full long life, going through it and never having eaten an optimal nutritious diet, of eating only plants, no added oil or sugar or salt, and not ever seeing all the benefits it will give you. Since I had never done it completely for most of my life, I suffered with joint pain and skin issues, cysts filled with water on my shins, on my wrist, high blood pressure, getting sick once a year or more with colds or flu, and everyone said it was 'normal' never attributing it to a poor standard american diet. Once I tried it, I was sold because it improved and eradicated all of that. I have more energy, I'm happier, feel no anxiety, sleep better than ever before. So if you try it and don't find it beneficial, quit. If you never try then you'll never really know.
Yeah, I have noticed an improvement overall. Still going to have a lot to learn so I don't lack anything, but I don't want to make it too stressful/too much of a worry or for it to take too much of a part out of my daily life.
Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Another great thing to do before you start, is go get a regular all encompassing blood test, a CBC they call it here. Watch your scores improve in a phenomenal way, all there, on paper.
I did do something similar to that; I mentioned the results at the start of the thread, I am trying to do what I can improve it all, not make it worse.
(Though again, money is a thing, tests aren't all free/cheap, etc.; vitamin tests even more so, so I can only get a general idea; that test was free due to state budget.)

Good day to whoever might be reading this message !
To be honest, I feel like I don't want to use CronOmeter anymore. It all makes tracking eating feel too obsessive/too much of a worry.
How would I know what I lack (if I lack anything), though; and what should I be the most attentive to ?
How would this tie in with maintaining macros ?
Or should I be all-right as long as I follow the Dr. Greger's daily dozen ?
The Daily Dozen is formulated to ensure a days full nutrition. It's about 1200 to 1400 calories as written, so allows for more foods.
There are so many choices within each group, you don't need to worry about any special pricey foods, just whatever you have. While he rates certain choices higher than others,like white potatoes are the bottom of that group, it's just an acknowledgement to think about doing better.

If you haven't read How Not to Die, or, HNTDiet, see if they're available at your library.In the meantime, go to-

Try not to obsess. I fall off that way of eating so often, but I know the day will come I'll learn to stick with it! My arthritis is back with a vengence, and I know it's linked to processed foods and oils

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
It might be too regimented for you but a nice idiot proof technique is to use someone else's meal plan.
the 21 day kickstart is good.
I know that Eat To Live has one in the book and I would be surprised if Greger doesn't have one somewhere.

Reactions: Emma JC