UK members please help?

VeganRottiegirl

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all, new here.

I have been vegan for 6 months now and feel so good and have not found it that hard to give up animal products. However im really hoping members can help reccommend plant based milks.

Im struggling to find one i like and one that suites.

Before being vegan i was primal and am still primal just without the meat , dairy. So im primal vegan.

So since soy and oats are not primal i wont drink these. ( im also allergic to soy anyway)

Im allergic to all nuts.

Iv tried hemp and coconut milk but i just dont like the taste. Im hoping theres a milk thats more tastless. The coconut and hemp milk i did not like as i could taste nothing but coconut like really strong. Is there a tasteless plant milk?

I also suffer with a medical condition were consuming MSG will cause me to become really ill and most seem to have it in the ingredients list. ( MSG is not always listed as MSG)

If you can't have nut based, soya or oat milk, you could try rice milk. I personally don't like the taste but everyone has different
taste buds. :)

Thanks , Rice is also not primal ( primal is grain free) i did try oatly even though its not primal and really liked it but the carbs were high and i knew its not good for me.

Thanks , Rice is also not primal ( primal is grain free) i did try oatly even though its not primal and really liked it but the carbs were high and i knew its not good for me.

I don't see what other pb milk you can try. :confused:I agree about Oatly and find that it's the best plant based milk available.

Im a chocolate addict and hate not having chocolate milk or hot chocolate everyday. I make my own low carb recipes. I think ill just have ignore that oatly is not primal as having chocolate in my life is more important and im still 95% primal.

Thanks for your help.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas

Let's be honest, you are putting up a lot of restrictions here, some rather arbitrary (IMO).
What's wrong with carbs?

That aside, I also think Oatly might be your best option.

I don't really understand the whole "no grains" thing. Humans have been eating seeds since all the way back to when we were arboreal frugivores a few million years ago. And although it was tubers (and our ability to cook them) that turned us in to big brained humans, grass seeds were there at the beginning.

Im a chocolate addict and hate not having chocolate milk or hot chocolate everyday. I make my own low carb recipes. I think ill just have ignore that oatly is not primal as having chocolate in my life is more important and im still 95% primal.

Thanks for your help.

Hi VeganRottiegirl, and welcome to the forum!

If understand correctly, the primal diet exclude beans, grains, and starchy vegetables. Also, you mentioned an allergy to nuts. If this is the case, then the only remaining foods are seeds, fruits, and non-starchy vegetables. Nutritionally, this is a very limited diet. Is there a reason that you are avoiding beans, lentils, and whole grains?

If you have medical issues related to diet, it might be a good idea for you to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian (RD). An RD will work with you (and with your physician) to help you plan a satisfying, nutritionally-complete vegan diet that addresses your health needs. In the UK, you can find a local RD through the British Dietetic Association: https://freelancedietitians.org/ . Through their website, you can select from RD's that specialize in vegetarian and vegan diets.

Last edited:
No i eat starchy veg , and some choose to eat certain non grains ( i don't know we call them that) like buck wheat and quinoa. I also eat wild rice. For things i cant get i take natural supplements.